Which Would You Pick? - 6 irons

Late to the party and had I been in early I would have said #1 initially based on the more spin but after #2 is bent I think thats the winner.

and at the end of the day now between 1 and modded 2, with the data being what it is, those subjective thoughts can now play an even bigger role.

and at the end of the day now between 1 and modded 2, with the data being what it is, those subjective thoughts can now play an even bigger role.
Most definitely, we all know those thoughts will always be a factor with or without data but having it right there in your face helps

It’s pretty wild, yeah? It’s one thing that’s always been the long term issue with me and Zillow body irons. I dont have a swing like @Canadan that creates a ton of spin, so moving to a lower spinning design like these is usually a no-no. But, take it a little weak, but still not as weak as “traditional” (I freaking loathe that) and the playability comes up for someone like me...while keeping the forgiveness and retention.:oops:
I hit a Mizuno HMB bent 3* weak and I'm not gonna lie, it moved.

What about the increased bounce from weakening the standard loft?

I hit a Mizuno HMB bent 3* weak and I'm not gonna lie, it moved.
Hahahaha! I wish I’d bent the hose weak before I moved them. Never thought of it then.

Do you have more data on the #1 iron? Based on averages, #1 or #2 weak 2* would be my pick. You’ve got the speed for a more traditional lofts which helps with forgiveness as well.

It’s pretty difficult to get some to read/analyze anything beyond what loft, in their mind, should be relative to the number on the club.
Absolutely true my friend. And they’d still have some cockamamie answer for it, haha

What about the increased bounce from weakening the standard loft?
From a technical standpoint, the increased bounce should actually help to increase backspin even more. Obviously a million moving parts for each golfer, but could be a win-win.

James, do you favor any of those peak heights for you game and typical conditions?

James, do you favor any of those peak heights for you game and typical conditions?
Anything 35y+ make me giddy.

#2 weakened looks :love::love::love: then imho.

with the weaker loft update, iron 2 looks like the winner to me.

Hey @Jman , which launch monitor are you using for these tests?

Wish I could hit a 6iron 190 yrds.

I personally would take #2, solely based on decent angle. I want that ball to hit and have minimal roll out, my opinion though.

This is a bit confusing to me, you think hollow body irons have too much bounce? I’m assuming you mean sole width, which the Forged Tec, MP20 HMB, and a few others have soles no wider than most players cavity backs.
No. They're all different. I'm hesitant on a 2 degree change in the mid to long irons to begin with. Especially in that direction. But cb's and holllow body soles probably more than something more MB. Like I love my apexs, but no way would I want 2* more bounce on the 6 iron cf19 than there is now with my swing. Gap wedge, eh..okay. 6, no way. Something v sole or low bounce might be different, so it would depend on those things, but probably #1 for me.

Last edited:
Back