Votes: 34 28.3%

• Total voters

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
This question was inspired by the comments in another thread I was just reading. Which would you spend $500 on, a new putter or new driver?

Whichever one I get fit for. Most likely a fitted putter over a driver.

I said driver but you should have a neither option.

Putter for me as that is the spot in the bag needing an upgrade.

I put both. If it worked for me after a fitting it would be a hard ponder but may pull the trigger.

$1000 on a putter and driver

Driver will give you way more bang for the buck, in my opinion. I think there are a bunch of sub $200 putter options that are excellent, and you could always go the used route as well.

I love a good boutique putter, definitely nothing of the shelf.

$1000 on a putter and driver

Have added the option of Neither. It's my first attempt at a poll, I'll get better I promise. ;)

Besides somebody would, wouldn't they?

Gotta be a driver for me.

I voted driver - can't deny it, since I did exactly that last month. I think the improved technology in a $500 driver has more effect upon one's game than the art in a $500 putter (assuming the driver is in fact a significant upgrade in technology from your old one).

With 500, you can get fitted and purchase a putter that could last for years to come.

That would be my vote.

Putter!!!

Just going by what’s in my bag right now - I’m happy with both but if I had to, it’d be driver.

I went with neither. Can't see myself spending that much on any one club again.
My golf spending is pretty much kaput, and sadly might not get to start again.

Neither for me. I can’t hit a driver, and I’d never pay $500 for a putter.

I would lean more towards spending more on a putter, but I still can't see myself really spending that much on a club.

Driver for me. I usually end up recycling the through my drivers more often, and don’t keep the old ones. Putters I try to get after they’re discounted, and end up usually keeping them much longer.

The Driver.
It’s way much more exciting and fun.
I doubt $500 putter would make me better putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver and not even close. I love my putter and will never get rid of it unless I break it somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back