20200226_180524.jpg

Picked these beauties up at a local liquor store on the way home from golfing this afternoon. There is big liquor chain of stores here in Chicago called Binny's and they sell the HP 18 for $159. I picked the HP 18 up for $40 less at the liquor store I stopped at. :drinks:

Last edited:
I'm drinking this beautiful whiskey. An Evan Williams Single Barrel. Nearly 10 years old. Heaven Hill doesn't make it like this anymore. It's a so good.

IMG_20200226_203911122.jpg

I'm drinking this beautiful whiskey. An Evan Williams Single Barrel. Nearly 10 years old. Heaven Hill doesn't make it like this anymore. It's a so good.

View attachment 8929530

EW Vintage Single Barrel is still available and still VERY good for the price. But with the Bourbon popularity explosion, the age started getting younger and is no longer as good as the one you have there.

Living in Louisville, my bourbon collection has grown quite a bit the last few years.

Last year, the KY Derby introduced a new drink, called the Derby Spire.This has quickly become my go-to cocktail. People look at me weird when I ask them to make me a drink, but others then order one and are pleasantly surprised.

I’ve ventured beyond using woodford for the most part, but I’ve grown very fond of this drink.

E30A09AF-89CA-4E19-A642-F7DF8160E6A6.jpeg

Having a glass of Very Old Barton bottled in bond. My vote for best cheap bottle of bourbon.

Heading home for 3 fingers of Skrewball on ice.

Killed my bottle of Russel’s tonight. Gonna need to restock soon. Looking forward to it.

bit the bullet and purchased a bottle of 1792 full proof for a dinner party last night. I regret passing this bottle up so many times! It is freaking delicious!

I found myself downing 2 glasses in the blink of an eye and was jonesing for a 3rd but had to stop myself due to having to work the next day.
Vastly underrated...if that's possible. I know it gets notariety in some circles, but as you mentioned I am amazed at how many of my whiskey drinking friends have not tried it...and then drain a couple glasses.

This found its way into my house earlier today...sooo smooth.

bee44803703da5e67c6ef59ba83c13f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Really enjoy this Canadian Blended Whisky. Less than $20.00 but tastes expensive.

1583189162446.png

Great article! There are several there that I have never heard of and a couple more than I have never tried. I'm going to put some of them on my list. My go to is maker's mark, I love the wheated bourbons best. The other one I like a lot and Usually always have on my shelf is the 4 roses single barrel. I've not really been a fan of the Knob Creek or the Woodford reserve.

Vastly underrated...if that's possible. I know it gets notariety in some circles, but as you mentioned I am amazed at how many of my whiskey drinking friends have not tried it...and then drain a couple glasses.

This found its way into my house earlier today...sooo smooth.

bee44803703da5e67c6ef59ba83c13f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I cant wait to try it, only reason I haven't is because I cant find it.... YET!

Great article! There are several there that I have never heard of and a couple more than I have never tried. I'm going to put some of them on my list. My go to is maker's mark, I love the wheated bourbons best. The other one I like a lot and Usually always have on my shelf is the 4 roses single barrel. I've not really been a fan of the Knob Creek or the Woodford reserve.

I toured the Maker's Mark distillery 2 years ago and had a blast. The tasting room was my favorite spot.

IMG_2831.jpg

Flavor staves in the barrel to impart the desired flavor.

IMG_2826.jpg

Barrels of pure goodness, aging to perfection.....

IMG_2828.jpg

How is the Wild Turkey Rare Breed?
I'm terrible at tasting notes but it's good. Balanced, sweet and oaky without too much of either and surprisingly drinkable for the proof. Could drink often.

The double oaked on the other hand is so sweet. Almost desert whiskey. Could not drink often.

Going to Ireland in June and was staring at the Irish Whiskey aisle the other day looking for ideas on what to bring back. The problem was everything here is so affordable I could just grab a bottle here and not worry about it traveling. Is there any Irish Whiskey worth hunting for over there that I could not get in the States?

I'm terrible at tasting notes but it's good. Balanced, sweet and oaky without too much of either and surprisingly drinkable for the proof. Could drink often.

The double oaked on the other hand is so sweet. Almost desert whiskey. Could not drink often.
Thanks, I don't particularly care for the sweet ones either. Knobs Creek is on the sweet side to me.

Going to Ireland in June and was staring at the Irish Whiskey aisle the other day looking for ideas on what to bring back. The problem was everything here is so affordable I could just grab a bottle here and not worry about it traveling. Is there any Irish Whiskey worth hunting for over there that I could not get in the States?

You’ll find that the prices over there are way higher due to local taxes. Personally the only reason to buy is if it’s something that’s only available at the actual distillery or to just have something you can say you got from them on site.

As far as not getting it in the states, I’m sure there’s several options that would be worthy. I just haven’t been over there since 1994 to speak to that lol

Nice wall of Johnny Walker:
B5D2F0C0-90AE-42D6-968C-5895AD798A7B.jpeg
@blugold
Any values here?!

Found a great tasting blended scotch whisky yesterday, Carlyle. Just can't beat it for the price of $12.00. Most surprising and recommended by a friend that works at Total Wine & More.

Attachments

• 3 4 20 Carlyle blended scotch whisky.jpg
    3 4 20 Carlyle blended scotch whisky.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 16
Getting ready for a Covid-19 lock down so I needed some essentials.

0306ba99096f6062b5c8e2affc8e7245.jpg

I need to make a run a pick up a big brisket tomorrow after work.

Back