• Clutch putting wizard

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • The captain who makes all the choices

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • The guy/gal that makes everyone have fun

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love playing in Scrambles, everyone just seems laid back and out to have a good time

I play in 5-6 a year because my buddy gives prizes to them from his company and gets a foursome in return. I take it as a fun afternoon away from work. I am the put it in the fairway guy but almost as important I am the get everyone home safe guy.

I always have fun in scrambles, and it has nothing to do with winning or losing. I'm always extremely relaxed and always have fun with my group. Scrambles also allow me to be extremely aggressive with my drives, approach shots, etc., which just makes it that much more fun in my opinion.

I do enjoy scrambles. There is a lot of interaction with the foursome, which I like.

I excel off the tee, especially if there is already a ball in play.

I like scrambles too. Again it's the social aspect of it, and the relative lack of pressure, that let you relax and just enjoy the day. Play as well as you can, but don't get too serious about it.

I'm usually the anchor man on the green - putting is the strongest part of my game. I used to be strong off the tee, but now I'm too short to be of significant help to the team. For approach shots, I'm often more of a drag anchor. :banghead:

Long hitter, that makes Putts as well.. #InternetGolfer

Putting for me, just get me to the green, the closer the better!

I play in a good handful of scrambles for work every year. I do enjoy them, but I have to think about them in the right mindset. With the people I play with, taking them too seriously and worrying about playing great golf would be a recipe for disaster. Echoing a lot of what has already been said by others, but here's how I think of them: (1) it's pressure free golf, which is a lot of fun, but I'm also unlikely to get in a rhythm and play my best; (2) regardless of how well my team plays, we're almost certainly not going to win because cheating is rampant - some team full of supposed 18 handicappers is going to shoot 20 under gross and even if you put it a foot away on a 225 yard par 3 with trouble everywhere, you will not win the flag prize; and (3) I'd rather be on the golf course having fun and probably a few beers than at work any day.

I enjoy playing in scrambles and hope THP will have a scramble event someday. I cant say that I really excel in any one area but usually tend to be one of the longer hitters.

Putting for me, just get me to the green, the closer the better!

Didn't you win a putting competition using like a 1 foot long putter for that First Tee scramble in Omaha?

I play in about 4 a year with my buddies and enjoy it a lot. None of them are big money and are always for charity so we just go out and have a few drinks and a good time. Im the find the fairway guy but add shots all around, just nothing long distance. Stacked teams isnt a concern where Im at really.

I'll play in a couple charity scrambles a year when asked. Never expect anything out of them, because our team is usually low on talent and firepower.
I tend to be the long hitter, but that's relative. REALLY relative. Like being the tallest building in a small town.

End of season, I'll play the snowball scrambles at our club pretty consistently. There are rules on handicap totals and team makeup (3 players, total >= 35, only 1 under 10) and they're $20 per player, so I don't mind those. You get the odd group from out of town who sandbag, but they get looked up online and uninvited pretty quickly. In those, I'm usually the middle handicap so I'm aiming for fairways to let the big hitter have at it.

I am usually good for some respectable drives and some good iron shots. I am streaky, so I will probably get hot for about 3 or 4 holes with the irons and putter.

I love scrambles and while I don't consider myself Excelling I do make putts at least close 70% of the time.

I love playing in scrambles. I don't get to play very much as it is, so it is a good format to be able to let loose and not worry about making your own score. You still get 18 holes, but very little pressure so it can be fun. Within the group we put together for work when we play in them and my usual group outside of work I'm typically the long hitter. Actually the work group isn't very good, so with them, I'd be all of the above most of the time. The outside group is usually really good. We have the consistent guy, the overall good players, but I'm still the longest. And I like the pressure packed 6 footer for par so I'm usually that guy as well.

Didn't you win a putting competition using like a 1 foot long putter for that First Tee scramble in Omaha?

Yep. That was a crazy short putter and I putts one handed with it and was bent overt further Han Michelle wies stance.

I only play in scrambles with friends for the most part. We played in a scramble last year for my good friends wedding at his dads club and it was a ton of fun. Just 4 on 4. I was the long hitter/put it in play guy.

I played in my first scramble last Sunday. The other three guys started playing golf before I was born, so I was using the time to learn from them. I didn't excel in anything compared to them but did manage to get 9-10 shots that we used in the round. It was a fun experience, that taught me a few things.

I love the role of A-player when you can inspire your teammates to contribute. So many times, I've seen a D or E player start off very apprehensive or start to feel self conscious because they can't hit the ball far. But later, when we're in the hunt, and I'm encouraging him or her to hit a short iron close or make a putt, they start getting very enthusiastic and can sometimes rise above their perceived level. I also love scrambles with some good Calcutta action!

I enjoy scrambles and usually play with the same group. The best part of my game would be putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm typically assigned to the role of the guy that goes last on every shot and tries to beat the best shot that is out there. Whether it is off the tee, iron shots, or putting, I almost always go last. Seeing as I usually scramble with my family for fun charitable outings and the only winnings we sniff are skins from an occasional solo eagle, it is fun for me.

I only play a couple scrambles for work a year, but I do enjoy them. It's nice for something different now and then. I wouldn't want to do too many of them, but I do like the change of pace and a round that I don't put too much pressure on myself about.

I enjoy scrambles,and our foursome plays in 2-3 Charity scrambles every year. We all are pretty well matched, but we have one guy with a great short game, and another who can get hot with the putter. We're pretty even off the tee and with our irons. I may be the most consistent with mid-short iron approaches. We all have FUN though, and we win a good share of the ones we enter.

I enjoy scrambles. It is the best format to really enjoy the people you are playing with.

Been a couple years since I played in a scramble but I was the distance guy in the group

I'm really not any longer a "scramble" kind of guy. I'll play in one now and then if it is for a great reason, but I don't consider them golf, just something that sort of resembles golf. I'm not long off the tee, so I have been the approach shot guy most of the time if I do play in one.

Back