Who gets Career Grand Slam first?

NewGlfr

Reaction score
Handicap
My vote is for Brooks at this point. I'm anxious to see how he performs at the Masters.

I would say Jordan. He isn't playing well right now but he doesn't seem that far off.

Jordan. I don't think Phil will ever again be accurate and long enough off the tee to win a US Open, and Rory would need to have a one of his best weekends ever putting the ball...at Augusta.

Brooks is still two majors away. I'll factor him in when he gets a Claret Jug or Green Jacket. Augusta sets up nicely for him, but he would hardly be the first player that looks like he should dominate at Augusta and just never gets there.

On the other hand, Jordan just needs to be Jordan for four days in May. Maybe get a bit tighter with his putting inside of 10'.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the main thing holding Rory back right now is actually his wedge play, not his putter. He has more looks inside 120 then almost everybody and lately it seems like he can barely hit the green let alone throw a dart.

I think this is something that he can fix over the offseason and look to him to compete at the Masters. With that said I think Rory wins the Grand Slam next.

Rory, at least I hope. Spieth probably has the best chance, because Rory seems to need too much mentally to break through at Augusta, but I hope it’s Rory. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Koepka or DJ somehow storm back before they can finish theirs off. DJ could easily win the other three next year the way he has played the last few years.

Who gets Career Grand Slam first?

On the other hand, Jordan just needs to be Jordan for four days in May. Maybe get a bit tighter with his putting inside of 10'.

I actually think being in May now helps him with it. Not sure why.

I think it will be Jordan... if he could just get that putting back down to at least half of what it used to be I think he could win it

I'm hoping Rory but I think Spieth gets it next year

Brooks Koepka because why not?

Even though he only has one major, don't discount Justin Thomas.

Brooks being 2 away sways me to Jordan. Would not at all surprise me if Brooks add the Masters in 2019 but I think Jordan wins a PGA before Brooks is able to win The Open. Zero confidence in Rory to win anything right now.

I'll go out on a limb and say none of them get it... I think we are still waiting for the next transcendent golfer to emerge.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the main thing holding Rory back right now is actually his wedge play, not his putter. He has more looks inside 120 then almost everybody and lately it seems like he can barely hit the green let alone throw a dart.

I think this is something that he can fix over the offseason and look to him to compete at the Masters. With that said I think Rory wins the Grand Slam next.

He should give DJ a call. 2016 DJ has an echo and it ends in ilroy

That is pretty tough to call. I would like to see Rory do it, but he just seems out of sorts. Speith seems to be on a rollercoaster.

Rory just needs one good masters, I think he’s going to get it within the next 5 years.

Another vote for Jordan.

Tiger wins US and OPEN championships next year to win his 4th career grand slam! Is that not an option.

Id have to say Rory, but man I get the feeling that guy is snakebitten at Augusta.

As well as Jordan plays at Augusta, that may help him build some momentum for future PGAs, so I'll go with him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spieth gets it done first. If Rory could get it done inside 150 yards, that'd be a tough one to bet against as well.

Great question. Rory has been shaky coming down the stretch.Jordan has been inconsistent of late but I think he is the next because he isn’t very far off. Brooks is a beast but he’s not going to win 2 more of which both are the Masters and The Open before one of the others get their last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would slow down on the Koepka hype train. Rory only has to win the Masters and Spieth only has to win the PGA. I see no reason to doubt their games translate to those tourney's. Koepka needs to win The Masters and The Open. His game doesn't match The Open at all. Like Phil he would have to have a non-windy week on a soft course to win that tournament because he only plays one way. I see him as just as likely to in a Masters as Rory and as Spieth is to win a PGA, but he has to also win a tournament I don;t think he fits very well so both of them are quite a bit more likely to win the career slam imo.

I think Brooks at this point has a better chance at winning an Open Championship and a Masters before anyone else closes out the Grand Slam. He had Euro experience to win on the links course and has the complete game it takes to win at the Masters.

Last edited:
I think Jordan will get there first. If he can settle down a bit and refocus there is no reason he can’t get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back