Who is your Golf Brand Spokesperson?

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
I asked this hypothetical on Twitter, but thought it would do well here:

You just started a golf equipment company. You have unlimited funds to sign ONE professional golfer (male or female) to be the "face" of your brand. Who is it, and why?

Harry Higgs :)...I think most golfers (especially new converts) can relate to someone like him...and i can probably save some $ for other things my company needs.

Just equipment and not soft goods right?

If that’s the case, Bryson and it’s not close

This is interesting to me, especially since Bryson's clubs are so customized.

Patrick Reed, the ad campaign would be along the lines of, "My new Brand _-_-_ equipment is so good I don't have to cheat, and I'm playing so well I no longer act like a Richard!"

This is interesting to me, especially since Bryson's clubs are so customized.
If the exact component was important, everybody would be playing blades right?

I want a player that talks about their tools, not pretends they don’t matter.

see, you had me thinking DJ until you said "spokesperson" lmao - He's a beast, but his social intrigue leaves much to be desired.

That's a tough call right now. JT maybe? It'd have to trump his apparel deal though.

It has to still be the needle - Tiger.

Bandwagoner, lol!

It depends. If I'm selling snake oil I'm going with Phil or Lexi. If it's a legit product, I like Rory.

I’d sign Dustin Johnson. Maybe not the most eloquent guy, but man can he play.

Miguel Angel Jimenez. I'd have him tell how good my stuff is while he's drinking a whiskey and smoking a cigar!

Scott Verplank.
Reasons are personal.
I could not have continued to participate in golf without doing the same myself. Its like they are writing an article about me.
I'm not sure what my company is, yet. But I would love to even meet the guy, and he'd find a place with my company if he so chose as he was a partial inspiration for me going on a pump at the time.

Last edited:
Phil Mickelson. He's recognizable, personable, funny and knows how to play the media game.

Hard not to like the Miguel Angel Jimenez choice, though! :LOL:

This is tough. Bryson is an easy answer because of the attention he draws, but I’m not convinced he moves product outside of one length. I don’t see myself remotely interested in his driver or putter other than to gawk at how wildly different they are than the typical equipment. I don’t know if there’s anybody out there with enough ability to move equipment to stake a brand on.

I don't know. Bryson is the one guy that really stands out from the crowd, other than Tiger of course.

With Tiger coming to the twilight of his career I think I would want Rory. He's an elite talent with plenty of good years left and is very likeable and popular. He's also a big hitter which I'm sure is helpful from a marketing stand point. A couple of the young guys would be great but I think Rory just has more personality.

Hmm. Micheal jordan. Because Micheal Jordan...

Rory is my guy. International appeal and he is a thoughtful guy.

It depends. If I'm selling snake oil I'm going with Phil or Lexi. If it's a legit product, I like Rory.
You ever here anyone buy anything because Rory uses it?

Back