Who Likes Watching the LPGA...Maybe More Than the PGA Tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
I watch the LPGA like a maniac...sometimes more than the PGA Tour. Why? Their swings are SOO good. Plus, I see the women on Top Golf and WOW do they know how to get every last mph out of their clubs!

I really enjoy watching both tours. I watch as much LPGA as the PGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't watch as much LPGA as PGA but certainly enjoy it as much. In all honesty, I don't watch a lot of golf on TV except for the majors from both tours.

Not me.

I watch a good bit of the PGA but zero of the LPGA.

I'll watch both. The ladies just seem to have such effortless swings but just crush the ball.

LPGA players move along very nicely, don't see many 5 - 5 1/2 hour rounds either.

I will watch whatever golf is on but I enjoy the PGA and LPGA the most.

I watch more PGA but LPGA when fellow Canadian Brooke Henderson is in contention.

Legs. I like them.

I would say the LPGA is more fun. I feel like they show more emotion and excitement which is fun to watch. I always love how they're more interactive with the fans as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I watch whatever I can - the LPGA is what I try to replicate because it’s more realistic. They are so darn good.

I watch quite a bit of men’s golf. I don’t care at all to watch women’s golf, or basketball, or softball, or hockey, or etc.

I watch both tours but do watch a fair amount of the LPGA.

I really enjoy watching the ladies, I probably don't watch them as much, but it's probably pretty close.

I watch whatever I can - the LPGA is what I try to replicate because it’s more realistic. They are so darn good.

I like watching them because they make the most out of using their lower body to generate swing speed. Kinda like the women's tennis pro's.

I have my dvr set to record both all the time. I probably watch 3 times men as LPGA. I watch more LPGA then Champions tour. As far as no 5.5 hour rounds I am not so sure. They only get 2 hour window on US based events on golf channel so hard to say. The swings are great, but short game seems to be a bit suspect and not nearly as creative. I know that might come off a bit sexist and not PC. Pretty Sure Annika said basically the same thing. Something along the lines of not realizing how bad their short game was compared to the men until after playing in a PGA tour event. I am way more likely to watch when the US girls are near the top, love me some Weizy

I have been watching more LPGA lately for the sole reason that they just show golf instead of constant puff pieces to fill air time.

I enjoy what we see of the LPGA or LET over here - the ladies all seem to hit a wider variety of shots, using a much more varied spread of clubs. Within a group you'll often see 1 hitting short iron, one punching a mid iron, one hitting a lofty hybrid, and another hitting a runner with a fairway wood.

You don't get that sort variation on the PGS or ET.

Wouldn't say I watch more LPGA coverage but I watch quite a bit. Definitely can appreciate and connect with the game they play more than the PGA guys. I like the more relaxed atmosphere, general lack of ego's & how the players seem more connected to the fans.

An underrated reason for watching in my opinion is also the coverage. Really appreciate the low key approach and lack of ego's with Gannon, Stupples, Foltz, Kay Cockerill etc.

Excited the ladies KPMG is coming to Hazeltine in 2019. Certainly plan on getting there for a practice day and a couple days of competition.

I watch the LPGA like a maniac...sometimes more than the PGA Tour. Why? Their swings are SOO good. Plus, I see the women on Top Golf and WOW do they know how to get every last mph out of their clubs!

I watch more LPGA golf more than the others not into driver & wedge show on the tour so much. The senior tour is a boring waste of time

I watch more LPGA golf more than the others not into driver & wedge show on the tour so much. The senior tour is a boring waste of time

I like the LPGA and will watch it before off the wall tour stop. I agree about the Senior Tour, I hate to watch Langer getting away with breaking the rules in plain sight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is why I prefer LPGA over the PGA. The PGA has become a Driver - Wedge game whereas the LPGA still has shot making and different club usage.

If the LPGA is on I'll tune in but I won't go searching for any tournaments. I'm a big fan and feel I can relate to their swings and style much more. I'll still take watching the PGA tour over it though.

I'll watch any golf that's on, PGA, LPGA, Web, College, etc.. But if they were on at the same time I'd still watch the PGA Tour. Gotta watch the best in the world. What they can do is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back