Who's getting new irons in 2021?

New irons in 2021, how long have you had current set?

• Yes, one year old.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • yeah 2-3 yes old.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Yes, 4-5 yes old.

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Yes, 6+ yrs old.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • No, one year old

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No, 2-3 yrs old

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • No, 4-5 yrs old

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • No, 6+ yrs old.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Obviously I'm not here to tell you to sit on your hands.

will you also tell me which ones to buy?! cuz i kind of want all the things.

Change in head shape or just something shiney?

A little of both. Love my current irons but would love maybe a change in shape. Waiting to see what presents itself.

If everything works out I will have new irons right as 2021 starts. So technically no but also yes?

No, 3 years old and hitting them good plus know my yardages well with them

Doubtful. Been gaming my current set for about 1.5 years.

I really shouldn’t be pondering new irons since my 921’s still haven’t been hit but there are a few sets that I’m pondering

I thought I was set, but really pondering a OL set of RAD irons now.
I must admit those are definitely tempting, the OL ponder is strong with me. I think I'm glad Callaway hasn't released a OL set yet, because it would be hard for me not to jump on that train.

What will trigger a want for change?
At this point, nothing. In a few years when my back ages past the stiff flex shafts I’ll look into new irons.

I really shouldn't. I've had the Srixon 565s for 2 years in January. But the new ones are very enticing...

It's just hard to drop that much on a new set unless they are significantly better than the ones I have. I should keep these another couple of years and get the Zx5s at the end of cycle for cheaper.

I answered "Yes, 6+ years," but neither is quite accurate.

The "yes" is really "maybe," based on a variety of variables, among them how seriously I end up playing next season. E.g.: If I find I'm only an occasional, hit the course with friends duffer: Probably not. But if I join a league, otherwise really get into it: Quite likely yes.

I haven't possessed the irons I have for 6+ years. I've been playing for only six months. But the irons are probably twenty years old or so. (Just a guess. More? Nobody knows for sure.)

I just got a 'new to me' set of Mizuno MP-18 SC at the end of September. I plan on keeping them next season.

I will be buying a set in 2021, already sold my old one. Taking a hard look at OL set

hahahaha a new set of irons before the even comes off yours?
I know makes no sense at all, I trying really hard not to purchase another set at least until these ones get a fair chance in the spring

Last edited:
I have 2 sets released in 2020 I'll be gaming and comparing this year. As much as I like to talk and think about another iron set, I'm happy with what I have at the moment.

yes, i dont know what, when or how ill get them but new irons are coming.
mine are also 4 years old.

Basically all of them.

i bought an iron fitting and woods fitting at true spec golf to be used sometime next year. i'm thinking maybe in the summer after i've had some time to dust off the tax season swing rust. we'll see if anything can beat my mav pros, because they have been so freaking good for me.

This is why I don't go to my local golf store... so I'm not looking at clubs. I'd like new irons. I know they won't help my game. I almost don't care. But I do care enough not to spend money on clubs yet. I'm waiting to see what's released so the prices drop on current models.:D

Will be getting new Callaway irons in December! I’ve been playing mine so long (10ish years) the 7i decided it had enough and the head was migrating away from the shaft :LOL:

Back