Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

@Popeye, I'd like to ask your advice on Maltby driver shafts?

I had been playing the Maltby STw driver with the Maltby MPF Pro Regular shaft. My swing speed is high 80's - 90mph with moderate tempo. I cannot keep the ball in play with a two-way miss. (Yes, I understand it's 90% swing mechanics)

Because I'm considering switching to a Maltby KE4 head, I'm also curious about switching to the 65g stiff shaft as well. I'm ok if that brings about a slight loss of potential distance if there's a chance it might help me to better control the club face and path.

Do you have an opinion? How might that shaft compare to a Diamana 64g Stiff flex, for example?

Thanks in advance.
I had always found the Maltby house brand 65g shaft to be slightly on the soft side of flex. With your swing speed. I think you could get away with going to the S flex.. or tip that R flex at a minimum of an inch. Then add an extension on the grip end. The best cost option would be to first Tip the R flex and see if that gets you in the right direction.
These days I still do build customers setups using the Maltby house shafts that come with the club paks. Not sure I can remember the last time a customer didn't like them.
Robin Arthur did the original house brand designs and over the years Britt was forced to pick up some slack.. so by default he learned how to have shafts made at the factoies and how to tweak designs. Not sure how far they have gravitated away from the originals.. but they are a good shaft that could easily sell for a lot more.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

So, the 21 degree HyWay seems to get along with me, BUT it would go a little left or draw. No slice.

Are the KE4 tour TC fairways less left biased? I noticed that they are a 0.5 degrees open face.

Since "fixing" my slice, my old go-to fairways (Cleveland Launcher HB's) go left on me pretty often and far unless I have a super weak grip, which feels off to me.

So, the 21 degree HyWay seems to get along with me, BUT it would go a little left or draw. No slice.

Are the KE4 tour TC fairways less left biased? I noticed that they are a 0.5 degrees open face.

Since "fixing" my slice, my old go-to fairways (Cleveland Launcher HB's) go left on me pretty often and far unless I have a super weak grip, which feels off to me.
I had to play around around with how I set the face of my HYWAY. Once I figured that out it's been great.
I find the 4w KE4 FW to be neutral to fade biased. But just a tiny bit of fade which I prefer. Where I find the HYWAY can be left biased.

I had to play around around with how I set the face of my HYWAY. Once I figured that out it's been great.
I find the 4w KE4 FW to be neutral to fade biased. But just a tiny bit of fade which I prefer. Where I find the HYWAY can be left biased.

Thanks. A little fade bias is worth a try for me. ;)

Thanks. A little fade bias is worth a try for me. ;)
The KE4 FW 4w beat out my Sim Ti 3w lofted to 16°. Performance in distance was very similar but consistency wasn't even close. The KE4 is super reliable. Plus it feels great.
I had identical shafts in both clubs. Same swingweight and all.
KE4 FW is certainly worth a look.

The KE4 FW 4w beat out my Sim Ti 3w lofted to 16°. Performance in distance was very similar but consistency wasn't even close. The KE4 is super reliable. Plus it feels great.
I had identical shafts in both clubs. Same swingweight and all.
KE4 FW is certainly worth a look.

I just ordered one to try out.

My wife hates this place......

I just ordered one to try out.

My wife hates this place......
I also have a KE4 16* FW, it is money. I opted for the UST V2 black shaft and +1/2 in length. I'm hitting it regularly of the the tee 245 but have nuked a few longer. Off the deck I get 235 - 240. It is a great club for me. I do not find it fade biased at all but that is probably due to my swing. A draw is my primary shot shape and is so with this club as well. The only nit I have with Maltby fairways is the finish doesn't hold up as well as others. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I also have a KE4 16* FW, it is money. I opted for the UST V2 black shaft and +1/2 in length. I'm hitting it regularly of the the tee 245 but have nuked a few longer. Off the deck I get 235 - 240. It is a great club for me. I do not find it fade biased at all but that is probably due to my swing. A draw is my primary shot shape and is so with this club as well. The only nit I have with Maltby fairways is the finish doesn't hold up as well as others. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
So, if you normally hit a draw, would you say this isn't "draw biased" like so many SGI beginner clubs?

I seem to frequently go hard left with the clubs I bought to help correct my slice. I just want something neutral, and the 0.5 degree open face makes me hopeful.

So, if you normally hit a draw, would you say this isn't "draw biased" like so many SGI beginner clubs?

I seem to frequently go hard left with the clubs I bought to help correct my slice. I just want something neutral, and the 0.5 degree open face makes me hopeful.
A couple others mentioned it was fade biased for them. I find it more neutral than favoring one side or the other. I can move it both ways but I'm not consistent enough to always trust it. I also think the proper shaft can help. I also wouldn't consider this a SGI clubhead. In the Maltby line that would be the STi, I think.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

A couple others mentioned it was fade biased for them. I find it more neutral than favoring one side or the other. I can move it both ways but I'm not consistent enough to always trust it. I also think the proper shaft can help. I also wouldn't consider this a SGI clubhead. In the Maltby line that would be the STi, I think.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Thanks.

If you normally draw the ball and this isn't a hook machine, I'm hopeful

ordered the HyWay U23 paks with a 'a flex' pro series MPF and it got back ordered till september... bummer

My 4w is on the way, so I'll have it in time for my annual fall ""guys weekend" 72+ hold extravaganza!!!! :)

I have the KE4 4-wood and it's pretty decent. Hasn't made its way to the A-bag yet but still not ruled out.

I had always found the Maltby house brand 65g shaft to be slightly on the soft side of flex. With your swing speed. I think you could get away with going to the S flex.. or tip that R flex at a minimum of an inch. Then add an extension on the grip end. The best cost option would be to first Tip the R flex and see if that gets you in the right direction.
These days I still do build customers setups using the Maltby house shafts that come with the club paks. Not sure I can remember the last time a customer didn't like them.
Robin Arthur did the original house brand designs and over the years Britt was forced to pick up some slack.. so by default he learned how to have shafts made at the factoies and how to tweak designs. Not sure how far they have gravitated away from the originals.. but they are a good shaft that could easily sell for a lot more.

I came home from a short trip today to find the recent Maltby order on my doorstep. While I'm going to put the 7i together myself, I opted to have the KE4 driver and S shaft pre-assembled. I immediately went out back to tee a few up and try it out.

As expected, the ball flight was lower than I'm accustomed to with the distances likely a few yards shorter. The starting line, however, was straight to my alignment with very little noticeable side spin. Close to center of face contact slightly towards the heel. The club head was set to neutral and I have not yet made any adjustments.

For a clubhead that's not supposed to be draw-biased, it was nice to avoid hitting those slices I was accustomed to hitting with my old STw2 driver with the regular flex shaft. Of course, that was only a few shots and I'm fully aware of how bad my swing can turn. But I've said all along that I'd give up a little yardage for more control. Hopefully the stiffer shaft will provide a bit more control once I get out on the course.

I came home from a short trip today to find the recent Maltby order on my doorstep. While I'm going to put the 7i together myself, I opted to have the KE4 driver and S shaft pre-assembled. I immediately went out back to tee a few up and try it out.

As expected, the ball flight was lower than I'm accustomed to with the distances likely a few yards shorter. The starting line, however, was straight to my alignment with very little noticeable side spin. Close to center of face contact slightly towards the heel. The club head was set to neutral and I have not yet made any adjustments.

For a clubhead that's not supposed to be draw-biased, it was nice to avoid hitting those slices I was accustomed to hitting with my old STw2 driver with the regular flex shaft. Of course, that was only a few shots and I'm fully aware of how bad my swing can turn. But I've said all along that I'd give up a little yardage for more control. Hopefully the stiffer shaft will provide a bit more control once I get out on the course.
Nice... I have a ton of confidence with my gamer KE4. At first I gave up a little distance over the Sim but had a lot more control. Now I'm routinely further with the KE4. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I love how the 4w looks at address. Hopefully it performs as well as it looks when I head to the range later today.

I'm really liking the 4w. Two range sessions so far, can't wait to try it on the course at league Thursday. Baby draw or straight, I hope that continues.

Well, I just got back from an 18 hole end-of-League scramble. I hit the 4w on all the 4's and 5's that would normally be driver holes.

Even the misses were straight-ish and in play. Good hits were baby draws or straight. I was only in trouble once off the tee box with it. We already had a great drive in the fairway, so I tried to kill it and hooked one. Not OB, but into tree trouble.

On a par 4 with 230 to the green left for our second shot, I hit one to the front of the green. Off the tee I was getting 240ish and in play.

I can't wait for guy's weekend at the end of the month!!!!

So I got mad and threw my 6 iron in a lake so ordered up a ts1. After 1 swing ordered 7-PW to replace my PTM's. They felt amazing and really were easy to hit while being much more open to ball flight changes. Got them with FST Pro 125s, great budget build can't wait for the rest to show up.

I've played a couple of rounds with the new KE4 TC Driver and so far, it feels like a win. I'm going through a swing change and swinging easier but seem to be finding the center of the face more often. Not sure that has anything to do with the head, but the stiff shaft and easier swing might be helping. I recorded a round through GameGolf Sunday and my distance doesn't seem to be suffering. It's not a night and day difference in accuracy, but I've yet to lose a ball out of bounds with this driver.

I just ordered a KE4 TC 5 hybrid to go with my 3 and 4. The Tour Edge HL E521 experiment didn’t go well. I am too erratic with that club.

Of course as soon as I order the Maltby Tour Edge announced their new HL 522 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a KE4 TC 5 hybrid to go with my 3 and 4. The Tour Edge HL E521 experiment didn’t go well. I am too erratic with that club.

Of course as soon as I order the Maltby Tour Edge announced their new HL 522 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm looking at the C522 combo set myself. The E521 stuff went left for me.

Have any of you guys played the LE Forged Head wedges? I'm looking at upgrading my wedges this winter and these are the only heads in left handed they have for wedges.

Got them with FST Pro 125s, great budget build can't wait for the rest to show up.

How are you liking those shafts? I was going to go with the 115's this summer but they were out of stock.

Have any of you guys played the LE Forged Head wedges? I'm looking at upgrading my wedges this winter and these are the only heads in left handed they have for wedges.
Yeah I play a 56* sand wedge. It's actually my go-to club for <90 yards and it was only $40.

Back