Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

That's kind of a sexy club. I say a lot of good things about Maltby but sexy isn't usually one of them. Very clean.

Has anyone had the chance to build/hit the new Maltby TS3’s yet? I think they’ve arrived and I’m very interested. Looks like head’s available only at the moment.

I’m not a builder so will likely need to find one or order a full set from Golfworks if I go all-in. I will probably snag a 6 or 7 iron before I DO go for a full set but, I really like the look of these irons and I’m about due for an upgrade.

Looks like the lofts are only a degree or so different from my i200’s standard lofts) which is a real big plus for me.
I have a full set of them. The feel is Mizuno like. Buttery soft with just enough feedback.
Look amazing in hand. Top line is a bit thick but that does not bother me.
Have hit the 7 outdoors and was very impressed. Had a 5 club shootout of sorts in the simulator and the TS3 came out on top. It was a very quick comparison, but the feel insires confidence.
In the 3 club photo the TS-1 is on the left. TS3 and then the KE4 Max.
20230209_162145.jpg20230208_115050.jpg20230208_155759.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I have a full set of them. The feel is Mizuno like. Buttery soft with just enough feedback.
Have hit the 7 outdoors and was very impressed. Had a 5 club shootout of sorts in the simulator and the TS3 came out on top. It was a very quick comparison, but the feel insires confidence.
View attachment 9157151View attachment 9157152View attachment 9157153

Thanks so very much for the feedback @Popeye I see what you mean about the top line. It does look a tad thick, as you mentioned, but I’d like to see it in person. I’m thinking I will grab a 7i and test, then decide. My current shafts are Ping AWT 2.0 stiff, which I like but really haven’t tried or tested too many others. I’ll need to track down a comparable shaft from the Golfworks offerings (once available) and see how it plays. Sounds like these irons feel great! Thanks again for the report.

Last edited:
I’m thinking I will grab a 7i and test, then decide.
That's really the only thing I can do as well. It would be nice to test the 7i against my current gamer.

I probably won't pull the trigger on this even though going by the specs, they look to be very forgiving but with less of an SGI look. Performance should trump looks when it comes to my game. These look to have both.

Saw this today, interesting idea.

View attachment 9157151View attachment 9157152View attachment 9157153

Where did you get those cool black / gold ferrules???!!!!!

Where did you get those cool black / gold ferrules???!!!!!
Overseas. I have at least 100 of them. They don't quite match the bronze RT shafts but it's close enough.

OK all you Maltby fans out there. I have an older Callaway X 3H (2015-2016) with a Project X shaft that is in good shape. The epoxy is failing and the head is now loose. I want to pull the head and get a Maltby head. I have a U21 HyWay that I hit very well and I currently have a Ping G30 3H and a new Cleveland 3+ 18* Hywood that I'm starting to hit well. I am considering putting a KE4 TC 2H 17*, 3H 19* or the 23* HyWay BUT I'M OPEN and LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS!

I've got a hyway 21 and 23 with about a 20 yards difference... and they are my go to clubs as far as performance and confidence.

I've got a hyway 21 and 23 with about a 20 yards difference... and they are my go to clubs as far as performance and confidence.

I recently replaced a Srixon 7 wood and a Maltby 3 hybrid with the 21° HyWay and it is great so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't shake this desire to buy a new set of irons - at least GW-7i. I keep coming back around to the TS-3. Would probably keep my 6i and 5i from my KE4 tour set. Would probably have Golfworks build them for me - as long as I can have them leave the grips off. Whatever tape they use makes it very difficult for me to remove old grips with air.

I just had a couple of Maltby TS3 irons deliver today. 6i and 8i with True Temper AMT Black shafts. Took them out for a quick 9 (Yep, straight to the course, no range session yet). I must say, they’re VERY nice clubs.

They look fantastic and the feel is just amazing. (Comparing them to my current set - Ping i200’s - which I really like.)

Honestly, I was expecting a much more SGI look to the heads but was surprised to see they are slightly SMALLER than the i200’s with a bit more narrow sole as well.

At first glance, they really do look more like a players iron head than expected. Out of the box, I was concerned the TS3 heads would be more difficult to hit but that is definitely not the case.

Distances are somewhat similar with the Maltby’s being a touch longer… I think. I’m going to need a range session, to get some more finite numbers there.

The forged Maltby’s definitely have a softer feel…almost effortless sometimes. Not sure why but I was getting a tiny draw with the Maltby’s while my normal shot is a tiny fade…. Interesting…. From 150/155 out, the 8i landed and checked up within 2’ - 3’ of the ball mark. Nice

Only pulled the 6i once but the ball just took off on contact. It was a real attention getter.

Comparatively, I feel like the Maltby’s launch a tiny bit lower than the Pings. I’m thinking it is a function of the slightly stronger lofts; 1-1.5 degrees, generally, and perhaps the AMT Black shafts play a bit of a role as well.

This purchase was based 80% (maybe more) due to curiosity with the quality and performance of direct to consumer club offerings. I took a flier on the heads and shaft based on what I saw online and read on the forum and so far, happy I did. Pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.

I’m going to put more rounds on these two irons and, if all goes well, will pick up the rest of the set… 4-Gap

Should be a fun process…

I just had a couple of Maltby TS3 irons deliver today. 6i and 8i with True Temper AMT Black shafts. Took them out for a quick 9 (Yep, straight to the course, no range session yet). I must say, they’re VERY nice clubs.

They look fantastic and the feel is just amazing. (Comparing them to my current set - Ping i200’s - which I really like.)

Honestly, I was expecting a much more SGI look to the heads but was surprised to see they are slightly SMALLER than the i200’s with a bit more narrow sole as well.

At first glance, they really do look more like a players iron head than expected. Out of the box, I was concerned the TS3 heads would be more difficult to hit but that is definitely not the case.

Distances are somewhat similar with the Maltby’s being a touch longer… I think. I’m going to need a range session, to get some more finite numbers there.

The forged Maltby’s definitely have a softer feel…almost effortless sometimes. Not sure why but I was getting a tiny draw with the Maltby’s while my normal shot is a tiny fade…. Interesting…. From 150/155 out, the 8i landed and checked up within 2’ - 3’ of the ball mark. Nice

Only pulled the 6i once but the ball just took off on contact. It was a real attention getter.

Comparatively, I feel like the Maltby’s launch a tiny bit lower than the Pings. I’m thinking it is a function of the slightly stronger lofts; 1-1.5 degrees, generally, and perhaps the AMT Black shafts play a bit of a role as well.

This purchase was based 80% (maybe more) due to curiosity with the quality and performance of direct to consumer club offerings. I took a flier on the heads and shaft based on what I saw online and read on the forum and so far, happy I did. Pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.

I’m going to put more rounds on these two irons and, if all goes well, will pick up the rest of the set… 4-Gap

Should be a fun process…
First time Malby user? I haven't tried many other DTC clubs and no longer bag Maltby myself, but really can't say enough good things about any of their offerings I've tried.

First time Malby user? I haven't tried many other DTC clubs and no longer bag Maltby myself, but really can't say enough good things about any of their offerings I've tried.
Yep… first time with Maltby. Up til now it’s been Titleist and Ping… (and way before that, MacGregor).

Whoa, I hadn't been on their site in a while but that new lineup is NICE.
1688900038515.png

I still believe this is a very underrated club for the value. Played the TS2 before getting fitted to Mizuno Hot Metals. I love my Mizunos, but I definitely enjoyed my TS2 almost just as much.

I've had the TS3s and now switched to the TS1 IM in the cart for about 2 weeks now. Want to try them so bad but I just got my Mizuno's last year. :poop:

The quality of the latest offerings are as good as any heads on the market.
The TS1-IM have made it into my bag full time. It's just an amazing all around head with near perfect feel and feed back. The higher COG fits my swing well.
They booted out the KE4 Max that held up in the bag since they came out.
Get a demo club of a design that suits your game. You'll be shocked at how well they stack up against anything else for less than half the price.

Whoa, I hadn't been on their site in a while but that new lineup is NICE.
View attachment 9191545

I still believe this is a very underrated club for the value. Played the TS2 before getting fitted to Mizuno Hot Metals. I love my Mizunos, but I definitely enjoyed my TS2 almost just as much.
Those are actually so clean. Wish they offered more left handed options.

The quality of the latest offerings are as good as any heads on the market.
The TS1-IM have made it into my bag full time. It's just an amazing all around head with near perfect feel and feed back. The higher COG fits my swing well.
They booted out the KE4 Max that held up in the bag since they came out.
Get a demo club of a design that suits your game. You'll be shocked at how well they stack up against anything else for less than half the price.

I'm a lefty, so out of curiosity and boredom I ordered the only set available to me from Golfworks, the STi2. I have to say I'm impressed. Good distance and very easy to hit. They don't have the forged feel that I'm used to, but they still feel pretty nice. For the money, they're an incredible value. I am damn jealous of you right-handed guys getting all the good stuff. I'd put a set of Maltby TS irons in the bag in a heartbeat if they made them in lefty.

I'm a lefty, so out of curiosity and boredom I ordered the only set available to me from Golfworks, the STi2. I have to say I'm impressed. Good distance and very easy to hit. They don't have the forged feel that I'm used to, but they still feel pretty nice. For the money, they're an incredible value. I am damn jealous of you right-handed guys getting all the good stuff. I'd put a set of Maltby TS irons in the bag in a heartbeat if they made them in lefty.
I really feel for you lefties. There just isn't the volume to support carrying the TS line for you guys. It's a shame because any of those irons are phenomenal.

Tinkering with the TS4. For me, it's an iron that needs a learning curve. The TS1-IM was a put it in the bag and have fun iron. TS4 requires a bit more concentration. It likes a full aggressive swing. I won't say it's hard to hit, but it likes to be hit hard.
Today I was playing around with face contact. Really moving the ball around the face to see if the results improved or fell off. Previous range sessions showed a very tight pattern.
Though the strikes were not terribly far from the sweet spot, the iron did extremely well. Didn't seem to care where it was hit. It's definitely an iron that grows on you. I'll build up the rest of the set for fun. 20230703_185550.jpg20230711_182027.jpg

@Popeye how would you compare the TS1-IM to the TM P790 or TM P770 in relation to head size, playability, etc? I'm a 16 cap that plays to a 12 when I'm hitting my mid irons and driver halfway decent. I'm also 56 w/bad knees so the SS is starting to wane. I'm right on the cusp of stiff and regular flex and would like to build out a 6-GW.

Tinkering with the TS4. For me, it's an iron that needs a learning curve. The TS1-IM was a put it in the bag and have fun iron. TS4 requires a bit more concentration. It likes a full aggressive swing. I won't say it's hard to hit, but it likes to be hit hard.
Today I was playing around with face contact. Really moving the ball around the face to see if the results improved or fell off. Previous range sessions showed a very tight pattern.
Though the strikes were not terribly far from the sweet spot, the iron did extremely well. Didn't seem to care where it was hit. It's definitely an iron that grows on you. I'll build up the rest of the set for fun. View attachment 9192106View attachment 9192107

That's interesting because according to Maltby's Playable Factor rating the TS4 should be easier to play, with the TS3 being the easiest of all.

That's interesting because according to Maltby's Playable Factor rating the TS4 should be easier to play, with the TS3 being the easiest of all.
The TS1-IM is far easier to hit than the TS4. That's a fact.

The TS1-IM is far easier to hit than the TS4. That's a fact.

Oh, I believe you, it's just interesting that it's not the easiest head to hit according to their very own ratings. It could be the blade length that you like better, looks like it is the longest blade length of the 3.

Have you tried the TS3 too Popeye? Curious where you rank that one.

1689162792718.png

Back