Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

This was my second week with a Maltby 2i FDI bent 2* strong to 17*. I went with the Kuro Kage Black 2nd gen in X because I wanted it to hit low running drives. It’s not overly low, but it is lowish. And it’s hitting the distances I hoped I’d get. I have some overlap with my 16.5* 4W but they serve different purposes.

I think I might need a shorter shaft but I’m going to try choking down for now. The first two outings were promising after some stumbles. I’m not always going to hit a 17* iron well. It’s just a matter of figuring out if I can have consistently better misses with that club.

This was my second week with a Maltby 2i FDI bent 2* strong to 17*. I went with the Kuro Kage Black 2nd gen in X because I wanted it to hit low running drives. It’s not overly low, but it is lowish. And it’s hitting the distances I hoped I’d get. I have some overlap with my 16.5* 4W but they serve different purposes.

I think I might need a shorter shaft but I’m going to try choking down for now. The first two outings were promising after some stumbles. I’m not always going to hit a 17* iron well. It’s just a matter of figuring out if I can have consistently better misses with that club.
Figured for sure you would have gone UST Mamiya Hybrid there. what made you chose the kuro kage

Figured for sure you would have gone UST Mamiya Hybrid there. what made you chose the kuro kage
Mostly because it was less work. I bought it as a complete club so they would bend it. I’m not sure if they do that with head only. It’s also a test to see if it’d fit in with my swing and game. But also because I could do it this way without having to talk to anyone on the phone. If everything continues to work well I’m definitely fine tuning it.

I went to Maltby's in Newark, OH the other day and bought the PTM-5 Putter Pak. It's a great looking mallet that kind of reminds me of my old
Zebra with the alignment lines across the top. I had them do the assembly (free if you purchase a Pak), b/c of the double bend shaft. Can't wait to get my hands on it so
I can start practicing with it....!
1670162744595.png

Last edited:
I’m deciding between the KE4 Max and the Ram FX77 which I can by either with the KBS Tour90 or as a set of heads. Most likely just the heads as the Tour 90 is probably too soft. Both clubs have great reviews so it’s the money savings of the Maltbys, plus the availability of a 48* head or the cache of the Rams for an long time Ram player. Decisions decisions….

That's what happens when you ponder about golf clubs.

I’m deciding between the KE4 Max and the Ram FX77 which I can by either with the KBS Tour90 or as a set of heads. Most likely just the heads as the Tour 90 is probably too soft. Both clubs have great reviews so it’s the money savings of the Maltbys, plus the availability of a 48* head or the cache of the Rams for an long time Ram player. Decisions decisions….
Those Ram heads look interesting. The KE4Max are my gamers and can't saw enough good things about them. Just a do everything iron.
I would like to see those Rams in person.

That's what happens when you ponder about golf clubs.
There I go thinking again, so I’ll ponder until they run out of FX77 heads.

Those Ram heads look interesting. The KE4Max are my gamers and can't saw enough good things about them. Just a do everything iron.
I would like to see those Rams in person.

My current gamers are Sim2 Max with KBS 85 steel S flex. My 8i is just reaching 140 and 7i is 150-155. The 7i loft is 28*. I'm 56 and considering getting the Ke4 Max irons for the spring. I'm stuck between the Score shaft in R flex or the MPF Pro graphite in R flex. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

My current gamers are Sim2 Max with KBS 85 steel S flex. My 8i is just reaching 140 and 7i is 150-155. The 7i loft is 28*. I'm 56 and considering getting the Ke4 Max irons for the spring. I'm stuck between the Score shaft in R flex or the MPF Pro graphite in R flex. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Both of those shaft options are solid. The Score LT is a good feeling steel shaft that's a relatively high launch for steel. But not in a bad way. The MPF Pro is extremely underrated. For the money spent there certainly isn't a better graphite option available. I've built several sets for people with the MPF shaft and everyone raves about them. Those shafts are built with the stable plane marked on the butt. Inexpensive but far from cheap. Can't go wrong with either choice.

Just my opinion, b/c I'm 77 years old and therefore our specs and games would no doubt be wildly different, but I switched to graphite when I was in my mid-50's
b/c I was beginning to experience joint pain in my hands, wrists and elbows. My wife had switched from steel to graphite first and suddenly noticed that her aches
and pains had disappeared.....so I decided to try it for myself! Noticeable difference! As far as gaining any distance, not really. If you're switching to gain distance,
I don't think you'll notice much, if any. But if you're thinking about switching for the reasons I cited above, I think you will be pleased with the result. YMMV, of course.
Good luck!

Just my opinion, b/c I'm 77 years old and therefore our specs and games would no doubt be wildly different, but I switched to graphite when I was in my mid-50's
b/c I was beginning to experience joint pain in my hands, wrists and elbows. My wife had switched from steel to graphite first and suddenly noticed that her aches
and pains had disappeared.....so I decided to try it for myself! Noticeable difference! As far as gaining any distance, not really. If you're switching to gain distance,
I don't think you'll notice much, if any. But if you're thinking about switching for the reasons I cited above, I think you will be pleased with the result. YMMV, of course.
Good luck!
This mirrors my results. MUCH less pain after playing than I had with steel. Even "vibration damped" steel.

Different flight characteristics between those two shafts. Suggest you call Golfworks and talk to one of their folks. They understand their products and can make a good recommendation.

Both of those shaft options are solid. The Score LT is a good feeling steel shaft that's a relatively high launch for steel. But not in a bad way. The MPF Pro is extremely underrated. For the money spent there certainly isn't a better graphite option available. I've built several sets for people with the MPF shaft and everyone raves about them. Those shafts are built with the stable plane marked on the butt. Inexpensive but far from cheap. Can't go wrong with either choice.

I purchased the KE4 TC 4W with the MPF Pro R Flex and the HyWay 21* with the same shaft. I'm still trying to get used to the 4W off the deck and getting better. I kill it off the tee. I absolutely love the HyWay. I'm not a long hitter but I get 175-185 with that club and considering getting the 23*.
That shaft feels so stable when I swing it.

I don't know about you folks, but this new release Wilson DynaPower reminds me alot of the KE4 Max iron.
If you go to the PGATSS they have more pics. Just sayin. KE4 Max still a much better deal. These irons are super loft jacked. I believe the 7i is like 26*

1674096636111.png

Last edited:
I see it, but man I'm such a WS fanboy I've been drooling over those Dynapowrs. I wish they would offer 2 specs like Ping so I could get a set with reasonable lofts. I can't hit a 27 degree 7 the way I need to. So I'll keep my KE4 max and save the money for the TS3.

I've had the 7 iron head sitting in my cart for a couple of days. The Golfworks website has been down for an upgrade the last day or so.....I may order it today and put it together to take to Florida to try it out.....

I've had the 7 iron head sitting in my cart for a couple of days. The Golfworks website has been down for an upgrade the last day or so.....I may order it today and put it together to take to Florida to try it out.....
They are amazing clubs, especially for the price point. I personally need more spin, but they are forgiving and long.

They are amazing clubs, especially for the price point. I personally need more spin, but they are forgiving and long.
Do you have a set....or just tried them?? I'd be interested in buying the heads if you want to sell them....

I

Have a set with the Rapport Core Blue shafts. They're staying right here as my cabin clubs, sorry.
Got it....no problem! At only $30 per head, I'll buy 'em new!

Has anyone had the chance to build/hit the new Maltby TS3’s yet? I think they’ve arrived and I’m very interested. Looks like head’s available only at the moment.

I’m not a builder so will likely need to find one or order a full set from Golfworks if I go all-in. I will probably snag a 6 or 7 iron before I DO go for a full set but, I really like the look of these irons and I’m about due for an upgrade.

Looks like the lofts are only a degree or so different from my i200’s standard lofts) which is a real big plus for me.

Has anyone had the chance to build/hit the new Maltby TS3’s yet? I think they’ve arrived and I’m very interested. Looks like head’s available only at the moment.

I’m not a builder so will likely need to find one or order a full set from Golfworks if I go all-in. I will probably snag a 6 or 7 iron before I DO go for a full set but, I really like the look of these irons and I’m about due for an upgrade.

Looks like the lofts are only a degree or so different from my i200’s standard lofts) which is a real big plus for me.
I just noticed that club head on their site yesterday. It's hard to believe it would be as forgiving as they claim. I have an extra MPF Pro Series shaft just laying around and I've been thinking about a new set of SGI irons. Wish I knew what kind of pak options they will be offering.

Back