Why do I want a Scotty Cameron putter?

Designed slightly longer with a stiffer, custom mid-bend shaft and a heavier head using tungsten sole weights, the new Phantom 11 Long Design is a 38-inch mallet built to help quiet the player’s hands and engage the shoulders for enhanced stability in the putting stroke. The increase in overall length and weight—coupled with a heavier, longer grip—keeps the putter in balance, while the entire stroke is slowed down.

Maintaining the Phantom 11 design concept, alignment is a key focus, as the features designed into the Phantom 11 Long Design direct attention from address to the center of the putter’s leading edge and down the target line. The sole-mounted stainless steel wing fused with improved vibration damping technology provides ideal CG depth and high MOI for a Phantom 11 Long Design that offers players an extremely stable, easy-to-align option with the forgiveness of a high-MOI mallet at a custom length.

In select golf shops on Friday, May 17

I cant wait til May for the 11 Long. This thread will be 100 pages by then.

Are you looking to buy new or going used to scratch this itch.

Are you looking to buy new or going used to scratch this itch.
No preference, really. Finding a good deal on a used one would be fine.

But, most people selling a used Scotty think they are selling you a golden putter.

Buy it, online of course so you can instantly regret the decision then, when it arrives, immediately forget the regret and fall in love.

After that it's just golf
I never have regrets on buying a new putter.

Except for when I do.

I need to stop reading this thread, or else I'm going to end up pulling the trigger on a Scotty Phantom X 12, despite the fact I already have a Phantom X 5.5. I will say owning a Scotty has mostly dispelled their mythical status to me - I actually don't putt very well with my 5.5 and I seem to have more mishits with it then my other putters (or maybe I can just feel it more). I think the X 12 would maybe be an exception because it's a giant mallet, which traditionally have been the best putters for me overall (Odyssey Jailbird, Cobra Agera, Odyssey Bird of Prey from a few years ago, etc.). I think I could swap my 5.5 for a 12 and never feel the urge to get another Scotty again.

I was not a fan of the x.5’s but the 5, 9, and 11 felt good with the 9 winning. I know a lot of putters offer similar feel and weighting but I am very happy with my Phantom X9.

In short, get the Scotty.

First, I've never owned one and have never put one in play. Outside of rolling a fellow THPers for a minute on a green, I've had no experience with a Scotty.

Second, I dont need another putter (but I want more).

But, for the last month or so I have been on the hunt for a Scotty to add to my collection AND to put in to play, and I dont know why? Since I joined THP years ago, I have gamed just about every brand of club there is on the market, except for a Scotty, this is the only logical reason I can think. Because, I have never had one.

Will this itch go away? Or do I just need to scratch it and bite the bullet?

Is it time to bite the bullet and grab one? Should I? Shouldnt I?
It will depend on what you want to feel at impact. The milling will go a long way to giving you the feedback of what some Scotty owners talk about. For me I need deeper milling and provide as "soft" of an impact feel I can get. Pair it with the right ball and you might have something you truly like.

Like anything else, putting is as much mental as anything else, so if the putter doesn't look or feel great, Scotty or otherwise, it might be a moot point

Just curious if you’ve bought it yet, it’s been a couple hours

Back