jmix18

I'm just happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife and I were talking last night about THP and what I believe are all the great things found here. She thinks I'm "obsessed" (said with her smirky grin) as I check the forum on the reg. But she asked a legit question - "Why do you THP? What is it about THP that makes you want/need to regularly check/be engaged? Is it about the content, the trips, the giveaways, the people, what? What makes you want to engage so often.

After thinking about for a few secs - it was an easy answer. I told her that It's about the "engagement with other golf nuts which begin to form bonds between each other." She likes to golf and shot her PB on Monday (80), but she doesn't care one iota about the MOI in a club or the new face technology, nor does she want to talk about golfing items on a regular basis. So for me, THP is a getaway, a step into a room with those that are like me and know my name (Cheers!), an opportunity to connect with others off and possibly on the course. So happy I found this place. Thanks all.

So - why do you THP?

My wife and I were talking last night about THP and what I believe are all the great things found here. She thinks I'm "obsessed" (said with her smirky grin) as I check the forum on the reg. But she asked a legit question - "Why do you THP? What is it about THP that makes you want/need to regularly check/be engaged? Is it about the content, the trips, the giveaways, the people, what? What makes you want to engage so often.

After thinking about for a few secs - it was an easy answer. I told her that It's about the "engagement with other golf nuts which begin to form bonds between each other." She likes to golf and shot her PB on Monday (80), but she doesn't care one iota about the MOI in a club or the new face technology, nor does she want to talk about golfing items on a regular basis. So for me, THP is a getaway, a step into a room with those that are like me and know my name (Cheers!), an opportunity to connect with others off and possibly on the course. So happy I found this place. Thanks all.

So - why do you THP?

I have a few obsessions, football (soccer to all of you on the other side of the Atlantic), golf, travel, people. We love the USA and have family in Denver. I’m also on here to wind everyone up when Europe tan your asses in the Ryder Cup.

Seriously though, golf seems to be years behind most sports when it comes to global sports message boards, and there’s no real rivalries in golf. It’s enjoyable and genuinely sporting. I won’t miss a wink if the USA win the Ryder Cup and hope it’s a spectacle for everyone. The more drama, the better. Enjoyed the Solheim Cup for the very same reasons.

It’s great to read people on the other side of the world have the same frustrations and joy as me out of the game too. It’s also good to be able to change your mind about certain things too and see things from a different perspective.

Really enjoyable community.

I found THP by accident a few years ago, while looking for a club review. I've been lucky to have been apart of some experiences, and I've won some giveaways but it's the golf talk that keeps me here. I read a lot of the reviews around here, and even get into some of the tech articles but it's the general golf talk that keeps me around.

I’m also on here to wind everyone up when Europe tan your asses in the Ryder Cup.
That very well may happen since we're worried about who can and cannot play with others.... versus the best players.

That very well may happen since we're worried about who can and cannot play with others.... versus the best players.

The biggest worry for me is that a lot of commentators over here are taking victory for granted. One thing I’ve learned is the Ryder Cup is hard to predict and never to write either side off.

Treat your opponent with respect. We seem to be failing to apply one of the most basic rules of sports here.

It’s home.

It helped pull me from depression in a time where I was lost.

It’s family.

It’s getting to help educate others on everything golf.

It’s safe.

It’s constant.

It’s THP.

• I like the comradery of knowing there are plenty of others on the site that is as hopelessly addicted to this game as I am.
  • The level of golf discourse here is also much higher than some of the other places I've been.
  • The amount of knowledge to be found on this website from articles to individual posters can't be beaten.
  • The anticipation of maybe one day getting to participate in an amazing 'experience' offered on the site is pretty exciting.
  • The people here. I haven't gotten a chance to meet any of you in person, yet. But because we all share a common obsession I know once I do meet some of you I'll have a golf friend for life.

It’s my happy place

1. Incredible game and equipment information. Most people I golf with are not as interested in equipment as I am, so this gives that fix to hear and learn about it.
  2. Different opinions and perspectives. THP does a great job of having discussion on big topics and keeping it respectful. Such a unique experience online.
  3. The opportunity for experiences is amazing, although I rarely throw in for any.

In addition to what’s already been said, it’s the culture of THP that keeps me coming back every day.

Unlike most Internet forums, THP does not tolerate trolls or posters who aren’t respectful of others.

That’s not an easy task and it speaks volumes about the THP staff as well as the good people who make this forum an awesome daily experience.

I came to THP the same reason the OP stated... Because I think my wife would have stabbed me if I continued talking about equipment and golf in general with her all those years ago. What came of it was a sense of community, friendship, knowledge, connection... It's been kind of endless for me.

Thrilled that after all these years, we're thriving as a community. It's fun to feel like there's some ownership in that aspect of it all.

It's interesting. I came here because THP popped up in a google search a couple years back when PXG was doing layoffs and I did a search to see what was going on.

I have stayed because it is fun. There are some genuine good people here I have fun bantering with them.

I found the site looking for club info, plenty of that to be found. I have made a lot of friends here and actually 2 times now have met up with guys and stayed in their homes and spent a few days playing golf with them. Thankfully neither where serial killers. :ROFLMAO:
Having been to the Grandaddy it was the most rewarding of experiences I have had on THP other than maybe watching @Canadan eat a Christmas tree cake on video. :D

In this day of social media nonsense this place is like a breath of fresh air! This is all due to the people who run this forum, the people who write articles and the people who come here every day and contribute! We can agree on things - disagree on things but we keep it civil and I always learn something from this forum!

My husband was obsessed with THP and I was curious to see what the fuss was about so I joined. I'm thankfulI did. This is a very different platform than all the others. People keep politics out of here, everyone is so welcoming and helpful. I love that you can ask anything, even if it isn't golf related. There are so many amazing people here. The list goes on and on.

I found the site looking for club info, plenty of that to be found. I have made a lot of friends here and actually 2 times now have met up with guys and stayed in their homes and spent a few days playing golf with them. Thankfully neither where serial killers. :ROFLMAO:
Having been to the Grandaddy it was the most rewarding of experiences I have had on THP other than maybe watching @Canadan eat a Christmas tree cake on video. :D
I'd do it again in a heartbeat too, for what we accomplished last year!

I regret the joggers, no regrets on the christmas tree cake!! hahahaha

I THP because of the stories, pictures, and banter from the other members along with the wealth of knowledge I gain from the write-ups, reviews, videos, and members comments. I love the fact that I can read a tread about golfing or high school tryouts and then go read another thread about Ted Lasso, whiskey, or what @JB is going to eat next (which always looks awesome and makes me hungry). The THP Experiences and clubs that you can win/review are icing on the cake.

Also found it looking for a club review several years ago. I'm different in that all I want to see is the golf stuff and the other stuff just gets in the way. Might be sort of anti-social definitely anti-social media.

I love to read the reviews and to just find a place to read more ethan i post, although this year haveing been lucky enough to be involved with Tour Edge, I post more. I belonged to a golf group years ago when i lived in Florida. Moved to Texas after a harsh break up, Okinawa and then back to Texas....Like @Jman i was at somewhat of a low spot and i tried to find "jim" and his group and found THP......It was so welcoming and not back stabby cut through at all and I felt welcomed. I read a lot, barely posted.....but i kept coming back. Finally started posting more an day know, I got more in return from others and chatted with a few....

it is where i come to relax, read....see and ask questions and people actually want to know what i know and think.....family

Like many others I found THP when reading equipment reviews. Coming back to golf after 20+ years the equipment landscape has changed drastically and I was completely lost as to what to buy. Here there were near 100 page threads on many of the clubs I was considering. So much great info!

I have participated in other Internet forums for hobbies over the years and this is one of the friendliest and well-run forums I’ve found! Even met another THP’er for a round already ⛳

I really love golf, but the majority of the reason is that this is the only place I have ever seen on the internet that is 100% positive with no politics.
Also, some of you guys/gals have some pretty good takes(will not name names)! Haha

Back