Why does everyone want to change my swing?

I take the advice because I want to be as good as I can be.

That was my problem. I got into the game because a buddy of mine, who played ever since he was in grade school, introduced me to golf. He has a sweet looking swing and shoots in the 90s. The first time he took me out to the golf course was an interesting experience. No driving range prior to that. I rented some clubs and he told me to just swing the club. He enjoyed embarrassing me. Mostly because I would murder him in any other sport. But, I was determined to learn how to play golf. I kept taking tips from playing partners and none of them worked. My swing, setup, grip, clubs changed so many times because I kept taking the advice of others. So, last year I said enough. I promised myself that I would swing in a manner that felt most comfortable to me and use a swing that made sense to me. Same with my stance, grip, etc. Then I decided to buy the clubs that I wanted without suggestions from anyone else. The reason I play Ping Zing woods is because my buddy who brought me into the game used a Ping Zing 3 wood off the tee. He could never hit a driver. I used that 3 wood a few times until I got the sweet spot. Fell in love with it. Looks beautiful with the blonde finish. Felt soft. And sounded like a faint knock at the door. Loved it. So going into last season, I said no changes to my golf game. I did test some bladed irons in the beginning. Last season was by far my most consistent. And I think it's because for the first time I never changed anything in my swing or setup. Like I said, it used to be so much of a problem that I would utilize a completely different set of fundamentals on each hole. Sometimes I would change from shot to shot. It was really bad. Now it's really good. So, others urging me to do something different is like offering a beer to an alcoholic.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

If your swing works, why change it? It is like the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just because someone things your swing is wrong, it may be exactly right for you if you are gaming it well.

Back