Why haven't you been fit for a Putter?

Because I’m a dope and don’t want to save strokes on the green 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good question actually. Maybe I just like variety lol? Good thing is that’s changing soon.

I would love to... I'd just want to know I was getting a quality fitter.

Yep by club champion my first putter I got as a hand me down and worked. But I couldn’t get the ball to go where I aimed so I got a fitting I really just wanted a new putter lol but I was surprised because although my loft lie was correct it was 1/2 in too short so my eyes weren’t over the ball. After I got my new putter I was able to sink more putts and be a lot more consistent with my lags

I haven't and I'm not sure how much it would help. I've been putting the ball really well since I got the Agera last year. It's been very good the last couple months.

I have been fit a couple of times and I think it helps. It helped me be know what I was looking for. When I did my CC fitting for the putter they basically confirmed I was in a pretty good fit and made some small adjustments to a couple of putters I brought with me.

I am still interested in doing an Edel fitting.

I went for and paid for one. Was a complete joke and waste of money in my opinion at the time. I haven't been fit for one since, I believe its been 3 yrs.

Much like an any other fitting I think its fitter dependent. I plan to get one next year at some point.
These are my thoughts and my past experience. I wish there were great fitters in my area. I have gone a couple of times now to a driver/iron fitting and then a putter fitting and they were a waste.

I can do my own putter fitting on a practice green.

Putter fitting was worth it.

I've had three total-
- 1st was at ECPC with Mr. Toulon and Luke
- 2nd was at Club Champion- was a very poor experience
- 3rd was the Edel fitting I did last year that helped in so many ways

I will likely not be getting one this coming year, although I'll probably end up buying a new putter anyways and regret it later.

I went for and paid for one. Was a complete joke and waste of money in my opinion at the time. I haven't been fit for one since, I believe its been 3 yrs.

Much like a any other fitting I think its fitter dependent. I plan to get one next year at some point.
You should.

It’s just as much about confidence as it is a certain head and hosel though no? I feel that if I was fit and then putted like trash with it, I’d be even more of a basket case because that putter was supposed to fit for me.

It’s a bit more fun to switch up putters anyway and completely leave yourself guessing as to what’s letting you hit your release point today and then not the next.
A good fitting is about aim bias. Identifying yours, and finding the setup that nullifies it the best.

I did one at CC a while back mostly to confirm some things. It was far more effective than the iron or driver fitting I had there as the putter stayed in my bag while I went back to more trusted setups (basically my specs from Callaway at the Grandaddy) in the other spots. It was an interesting experience to be sure. I also thought the data from SAM putt lab was super cool. I've based all my purchases up until recently on that fitting. I actually have an appointment at a different fitter later this week. Hoping we'll be able to roll some longer putts so I can get a little bit better idea what I'm working with from an aim perspective.

A good fitting is about aim bias. Identifying yours, and finding the setup that nullifies it the best.
So what if it’s aim vs me just making a terrible stroke at it because I wasn’t committed to what I see or feel?

Even my putting mat has a ball worth of break on it. If you’re wondering if that’s annoying, yes. Yes it is 😂

I did do one putter fitting as part of a Club Champion full bag fitting. It was a hasty effort with limited feedback; we spent too much time on other clubs.

Why have I not gone for a more substantive putter fitting? #1) We do not have a local putter fitting setup/expert. #2) I can't think of any other reasons, so let's just go with brain death. ;)

So what if it’s aim vs me just making a terrible stroke at it because I wasn’t committed to what I see or feel?

Even my putting mat has a ball worth of break on it. If you’re wondering if that’s annoying, yes. Yes it is 😂
The aim bias is the reason for not feeling comfortable or committed at what you see. That is the point.

I have not but I really want to.

Is there a system that is better than the others?

Windmill Training Center uses the SAM system and I may end up going there.

The aim bias is the reason for not feeling comfortable or committed at what you see. That is the point.
I just assumed it was from not trusting the speed in which to hit said putt to hold said line

I just assumed it was from not trusting the speed in which to hit said putt to hold said line
Only if you overthink it 😉

Does anyone but Edel do aim biased fitting. I don’t feel like I really got that in my CC putter fitting. Either that or I aimed my putter well. I definitely feel sometimes like I have a problem.

Does anyone but Edel do aim biased fitting. I don’t feel like I really got that in my CC putter fitting. Either that or I aimed my putter well. I definitely feel sometimes like I have a problem.
Good fitters do. Vrska did it with Canadan and I at the Odyssey event. SAM and Quintic also do it, but it depends on having someone who can convey the info to the person being fit.

Getting one was arguably best thing for my scoring the last few years

I’ve never felt the need. I putt well with the club I’ve been using for over 50 years. I believe if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Back