Will You Travel For Golf This Year?

I’m not sure... I’m hopeful still but we had to cancel our spring trip already.

If the stars align, I will.

Having been in Australia when this all kicked off, and Florida in November, I had no plans . But there is a trip to Las Vegas ,Palm Springs and Mexico available in November. I doubt I'll go.:cry:

Next year, I should be back on the big silver bird.

Yes! Golf travel is a favorite activity. Two trips in November. One is already planned to FL. The other is still in the planning stages...South Carolina??? Will also spend part of December in FL.

As expected, trip count is way down from 2019 despite starting strong with 3 trips between January and March.

Not a chance.

I decided to get out of the house this weekend and head up to Austin. We are using the Play Away program for dinner at the University of Texas club on the campus of UT and then playing a round of golf Sunday morning.

Absolutely will travel for golf. Just headed up to Ohio & playing today. In two weeks will be going to Hilton Head.

Golf trip planned for Miami in 5 weeks

I plan on finding a course when I go on family vacations. Other than that just locally.

No. I have only taken on one golf trip in the 15 years I have been playing golf.

I've got a trip to Whistler next weekend, and a trip to Palm Springs in October that will probably be cancelled.

I need a guys golf trip, and a group to take the trip with 😭

And yes Shane, I’m still coming to Branson haha

Yup, Im playing Arcadia Bluffs for 3 days over the 4th of July. Im fine with driving to travel for golf, I dont think that I would fly though.

The Canadian Government says no.

I don't plan on traveling specifically golf as the primary reason. But I will and have traveled where golf was available and I took advantage by taking my clubs. In fact, I am on one of those trips now. Had to travel for business and I intent to play at least 3-5 rounds of golf. (y)

I do plan to. I just drove to Dallas to play with family, I'll travel to some tournaments this summer, hopefully a couple trips to play with THP'ers, and I think I have trips to Florida and Vegas yet this year for social golf. The Florida one I think would be in the most jeopardy of not happening. If it doesn't a couple of us have already decided to switch it to Tucson for a reunion.

My wife and I have plans to vacation in Arizona this fall. Only time will tell if it will happen. Not looking good currently but we are a long ways off still.

Unless I get into a THP event, probably not.

Probably be easier to get into a THP event if I’d sign up for one, lol. Too much up in the air this year, Covid is only about third on my list of reasons why I haven’t been signing up. If it was just that I’d be hitting signups hard.

Caveat if a THP’er I get along well with ventures into this general area I could see a day trip to meet up with them.

I was told not to expect to be able to travel for casual leave this year. While the Army hasn't yet said what the mileage away from home will be, and it's expanded from 50 in April to 150 now, I don't see myself traveling for golf in 2020 unless something dramatically changes.

In NC right now and will be playing in the morning. I'll also either drive or fly for a buddies trip later this fall.

At this point, I will 100% not be travelling for golf this year.

I'll be lucky at this rate to just set foot on a course at any point in time, and any location, this season.

Only trip was a 2 day annual golf trip last week with 3 other buddies. All international travel out of the question and with wife’s immune system we’re steering clear of airports, etc. Will be a quiet year so lots of local golf.

Not flying anywhere, but recently booked a long weekend away with friends to play a couple courses

Driving up to Scotland to play at somewhere I haven't been for years - Cally Palace
2 days golf there, then driving back south of the border and staying at Close House and playing both courses there, although Jen and Andrew's wife are playing the easier course twice whilst we play the Championship course on the second day

Every year for the last five years me and my friends take a golf trip to the Scottsdale area in late February early March. This year we are talking about it. There are some great non-stop airfares at Southwest Buffalo to Phoenix. We are talking about it now. It sounds like things in the area are ok and we are leaning that way. Love it out there and it really breaks up the Winter for us. Im pretty sure we are going to do it. Hope we do as i love that trip.

Every year for the last five years me and my friends take a golf trip to the Scottsdale area in late February early March. This year we are talking about it. There are some great non-stop airfares at Southwest Buffalo to Phoenix. We are talking about it now. It sounds like things in the area are ok and we are leaning that way. Love it out there and it really breaks up the Winter for us. Im pretty sure we are going to do it. Hope we do as i love that trip.

AZ is currently doing a good/fair job. Much better than what happened June-July. Hopefully complacency does not set in.

If you and your group want to Tee it up with some AZ THPers or need any information don't hesitate to ask.

Back