Wilson Airless Basketball Prototype

I remember when Spaulding changed the cover of the ball to a synthetic leather and it was an official game ball for a year, pros hated it and went back to leather the next year.

This ball does look cool, it would be interesting to see how it felt.

This is genius for outside ball.

I’m not sure what I think about it. It’s definitely cool looking though.

When I think of Wilson my very first thought is Basketballs. I would have to assume most people feel the same. It’s gotta be their bread and butter core market I’d think.
My first thought when I think of Wilson is baseball mitts and tennis racquets.

Honestly this is kind of neat. No idea how it works or what it would feel like, but I like the idea behind it. How many times in high school did I have to search high and low for an air pump just so I could go shoot buckets for a few hours every night.

Did they ever bounce it in the clip???

They didn’t do any basketball stuff with it in the clip.
Thanks, I just wondered if my mind wandered. I’d need to see this in action before judging.

Where are you playing basketball to pick up mud or rocks?
When you play on an outdoor court, there are always small pebbles or rocks laying around. Or, what if the ball goes out of bounds into the grass? Now, you’re picking grass/dirt out of the lattice structure like a face mask.

Didn't Adidas make 1 too?

This is a brilliant idea for the outdoor courts.

When you play on an outdoor court, there are always small pebbles or rocks laying around. Or, what if the ball goes out of bounds into the grass? Now, you’re picking grass/dirt out of the lattice structure like a face mask.
Yeah, every outdoor ball I ever played with needed washings all the time. They pick up all kinds of junk.

Our courts down here must just be well kept. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My first thought when I think of Wilson is baseball mitts and tennis racquets.
Baseball gloves for sure. The a2000 is an icon.

Yeah, every outdoor ball I ever played with needed washings all the time. They pick up all kinds of junk.

This is what i call the guys who try to guard me

But did they use AI? What am I saying, of course they did. Not sure why they'd invest all that time and money creating a new basketball when they can't afford a decent marketing budget to sell the amazing golf clubs they already have but don't get me trying figure out Wilson's strategy.
Their priorities are in the right place financially. Golf loses money ( and for them, always will). Baseball, tennis, football, basketball ) dominates most companies.

Their priorities are in the right place financially. Golf loses money ( and for them, always will). Baseball, tennis, football, basketball ) dominates most companies.
I have no doubt you're right, my comment was more a statement about how their golf equipment is criminally underrated and wishing they took it as seriously as they did inventing airless basketballs ;)

Holy crap are they really $2,500?!?

When I think of Wilson my very first thought is Basketballs. I would have to assume most people feel the same. It’s gotta be their bread and butter core market I’d think.
I think of footballs for Wilson. I think Wilson is the official football at pretty much every level.

Back