Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

Look forward to seeing these in hand. Not a real fan of the chrome finish but as @Hawk mentions the face is more of a satin finish so we shall see.

Really cool that you had the opportunity to find the best fit. I think it’s definitely a set you can play successfully while still liking what you’re looking down at. Gotta love technology.
Thank you Hawk. I am definitely excited. I have been contemplating and trying irons for quite a while. I just want them to arrive already! Are you thinking of trying them out?

Thank you Hawk. I am definitely excited. I have been contemplating and trying irons for quite a while. I just want them to arrive already! Are you thinking of trying them out?
I actually have a set I got late last week for this review. Really impressed so far.

Awesome! Enjoy them :cool:(y). Let me know what you think if you try out their wedges and their dynapower hybrids.
I’ve not seen the hybrids, but have loved a few of them in the past. Forget hybrid I ever had was W/S. I actually think it was the club that brought me to THP.

While that may be true they don't advertise or market it as well as others and they have fallen behind a bit. Not to mention the stigma they have attached to them as well.
Stigma?

Maybe we do this elsewhere 🤞🏼

I’d like to try the irons and the AI Fit tech

I know Wilson tends to get lost in the shuffle (And honestly part of that was on them.) but I honestly think not giving them atleast a real look is a disservice. Wilson is putting out some very pretty irons now and if they continue to show commitment to going toe to toe with major brands I see no reason why they can’t compete with the big boys

I'm wondering if anybody has had a chance to hit these yet and compare them to the D9 forged. I know when you read Wilson's marketing they say they have updated the power holes and the AI to the face. However, I am wondering since the eighth through gap wedge do not have any power holes how much of a real significant difference are we going to see? I just recently purchased a brand new set of the D9 forged for less than 50% the original retail price. I have not really had a chance to hit them other than one or two indoor sessions as I am coming off hand surgery and it is winter here in Canada. Really unsure about these clubs and how much of a difference the new Dynapower forged will make. I'm wondering if anybody has had both?

I'm wondering if anybody has had a chance to hit these yet and compare them to the D9 forged. I know when you read Wilson's marketing they say they have updated the power holes and the AI to the face. However, I am wondering since the eighth through gap wedge do not have any power holes how much of a real significant difference are we going to see? I just recently purchased a brand new set of the D9 forged for less than 50% the original retail price. I have not really had a chance to hit them other than one or two indoor sessions as I am coming off hand surgery and it is winter here in Canada. Really unsure about these clubs and how much of a difference the new Dynapower forged will make. I'm wondering if anybody has had both?
I wouldn’t overthink it and just enjoy the new clubs. You have a quality set of irons there that should serve you well for a while.

One thing I didn't bring up in the review is how the transition from Power Hole irons (7 iron being the last one) to the solid irons is in terms of feel. While I think I notice just a bit more of an immediate sound at impact with the longer irons, it's really much closer than I expected.

At this point, about a 90% chance these end up being my 2024 irons. I am going to reshaft them to a slightly lighter graphite first, but from a looks and feel perspective they are right in my wheelhouse. Probably could find a slightly longer or more forgiving option, but that comes with the "players distance" category in general imo.

Hit them really well it seemed like.

Have you had a chance to give them some swings? I know you have a W/S dealer nearby.
Not yet. I hope to do a full bag fitting minus driver next month. These are definitely a must try.

Not yet. I hope to do a full bag fitting minus driver next month. These are definitely a must try.
Nice. Worth the time to try for sure, even if they don't end up being the irons you go with. I find them very enjoyable.

Hey everyone I wanted to follow up. Got my set of Dynapower Forged this weekend and just got home from the range. I absolutely love them! They feel incredibly powerful off the face. Super sweet feeling as well. I also purchased two Wilson staff wedges and they are awesome. A 54 degree and a 60. Overall I am beyond happy with my new irons. Give them a try if you are on the fence, I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

Hey everyone I wanted to follow up. Got my set of Dynapower Forged this weekend and just got home from the range. I absolutely love them! They feel incredibly powerful off the face. Super sweet feeling as well. I also purchased two Wilson staff wedges and they are awesome. A 54 degree and a 60. Overall I am beyond happy with my new irons. Give them a try if you are on the fence, I don't think you will be disappointed at all.
Always nice to have that validation after purchase. Enjoy the new sticks

Anyone know if there's a 4 iron, or only 5-gw?

Anyone know if there's a 4 iron, or only 5-gw?
3 and 4 iron are available via the custom order option.

Edit: listed the wrong price because I am stupid. Removed.

Last edited:
Love to hear it. Keep us updated as the you get more time with them.

We’re these the new wedge or the wedge they’ve had the last couple of years. I was told the ZM ship 3-26

Back