Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Does anyone know if the Wilson c200s with the kbs shafts are .355 hosel or .370 hosel size?

Does anyone know if the Wilson c200s with the kbs shafts are .355 hosel or .370 hosel size?

Looking at the aftermarket specs they only make them in .370. Now I don't know if Wilson has them in .355 but aftermarket only shows them at.370

They're 0.370 heads. If you want to use 0.355 shafts you can do so with a shim. My Dynamic Gold transplants are 0.355 shimmed to fit. Work like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My set is on its way.

#441Rematch
Translation #441Whooping! ?

Glad to see W/S beginning to post their demo day schedule. Unfortunately, I know I'll have to wait until the end of March for our demo weekend.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

They're 0.370 heads. If you want to use 0.355 shafts you can do so with a shim. My Dynamic Gold transplants are 0.355 shimmed to fit. Work like a charm.

Thanks.

Thinking of picking up a second set to throw a spare set of 370 veylix shafts into, to compare to the rogue pros.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Found that TGW will sell me a single club (no one has Wilson graphite to test). The problem is that they show the graphite shaft as being the Aldila Rogue 60 not the Rogue Pro. Those who have the clubs, is this the correct shaft?

The guy from TGW got back to me and said that they have it listed as the Rogue 60 but in fact it is the Rogue Pro. By the way, my last set (current) of irons I got with R flex +1 hard step, do you feel that an R flex in the Rogue Pro would be a good fit?

I already ordered the "R" flex. Wanted to get this order in by the end of the day. Thanks anyway.

I already ordered the "R" flex. Wanted to get this order in by the end of the day. Thanks anyway.

You should do fine in the R flex.

I'm still wondering how going from 110 gram steel to 75 gram graphite would effect my swing. I don't think any local places have these yet to see in person.

I'm still wondering how going from 110 gram steel to 75 gram graphite would effect my swing. I don't think any local places have these yet to see in person.

You'll need to focus on your tempo. It's easy to get quick swinging a lighter stick.

To me, that was an issue going from steel to graphite. Here I thought I knew almost everything about steel shafts and my fit into them and then graphite moves in and most of my knowledge about shafts is out the window. There are so many graphite shafts out there, how does one know which is the right fit for him especially when graphite shafts cost considerably more than steel. I looked at my current shaft TT XP95-R and it weighs 95 gr., has a torque of 2.2 and a high launch. If you look at any graphite shaft in my range it will weigh about 40 gr. less and have almost twice the torque. How is one to know (other than going to a fitter) which shaft he should be placed in. With steel you could do trial and error, graphite makes that almost impossible. Playing with steel all of these year you kind of have a general feeling for a shaft by the numbers, with graphite, that scenario is out the window. One graphite shaft 4.0* of torque could be the same performance of another's 5.1* of torque. To me, this is very confusing.

I like the looks , top line might take some getting use to. I imagine the feel would sweet . Going to Golftown this weekend I doubt they we have them in yet but hoping they do.

gb

I like the looks , top line might take some getting use to. I imagine the feel would sweet . Going to Golftown this weekend I doubt they we have them in yet but hoping they do.

gb

No way they'll have them although you might be able to talk the manager into bringing in a set to demo.

No way they'll have them although you might be able to talk the manager into bringing in a set to demo.

Yeah ..kind of what I thought . I will be in Palm Springs in March may find some there to hit.
Does Golftown have the Ping G irons in yet ?

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Was at PGA Superstore in Schaumburg and they had a R & S in Steel. Man, the ball just shoots of the club face. The ball ends rattling round in the rafters in the bay.
a2c5c0ffb6078ecd86e132c04864d9f3.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to hit these today and I'm stunned by how great they feel. It's a combination and smoothness and explosiveness which is hard to put into words. I want to get them outside to see real life results but purely from a feel standpoint this is an absolute winner.

Finally had a chance to hit these today and I'm stunned by how great they feel. It's a combination and smoothness and explosiveness which is hard to put into words. I want to get them outside to see real life results but purely from a feel standpoint this is an absolute winner.

Wait until you get these outside and you see the height these generator. I'm excited for you.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see our reviews validated by others testing the product. I can't deny that I am probably a bit biased about W/S - given the awesome opportunity I was afforded in interacting with them. They're all great people and after breaking bread with them, and then teeing it up with them, it's hard to not want to see them succeed. SO while I did my darndest to give as objective a review as I could, it always sat there in the back of my mind that maybe I wasn't tough enough in my review, maybe I didn't find any negatives because I didn't want to ... and though even though I gave it my honest effort, perhaps people would also consider my review biased because of the aforementioned opportunity.

So to those who have gone out, hunted these irons down, and given them a whirl ... thank you. Thank you for the effort, thank you for your time, and thank you for your opinions. It's nice to see that many people are seeing the same things I saw, and shown that perhaps I'm really not as crazy as I thought. :tongue:

Your reviews have killed this thread. I've had to remain out of this thread so I don't see my pocketbook open, until after our move.

Your reviews have killed this thread. I've had to remain out of this thread so I don't see my pocketbook open, until after our move.

Are you moving prior to kickoff classic? If the reviews haven't gotten your wallet open some hands on time probably will

These are $560 shipped from rock bottom with the 30off code. Trying to restrain myself from doing a blind buy. I really need to hit these already!

Back