Wilson Staff DUO Professional Golf Balls

Does Wilson manufacture their own balls or do they use Foremost in Taiwan ?

Love to see matte urethane. Duo U was a solid yet seemingly underappreciated ball so I hope this one gets more traction.

Not sure how a golf ball gets it’s color so I’ll ask a question. Is there a way to put color just in the cavity of the dimple while leaving the area around it white. It seems like that might look cool. I understand that white is a color too.

Not sure how a golf ball gets it’s color so I’ll ask a question. Is there a way to put color just in the cavity of the dimple while leaving the area around it white. It seems like that might look cool. I understand that white is a color too.

I assume there is. The process would be very timely I have a feeling and new machinery would have to be put in place.

As a Duo Urethane guy.. I am beyond excited for this one. Matte finish? All in!

This is a very intriguing ball. I'm excited for it to say the least. The matte green will definitely get some play time. It's going to go head to head against the Q-star Tour for me. I agree on that the 'Duo" for a 3-piece ball may confuse some. But I also like how they are upping the compression and adding colors! Very very smart IMO!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wilson makes a really solid ball and underappreciated. The Duo's are great and am sure these will do well. The matte colors will get a try for sure.

I really liked the matte colors on the Duo softs, but didn't like the rollout I got on a lot of shots. I'm looking forward to giving these a shot. Love that green color. Hopefully they'll wear the W/S shield like all the other Duo balls.

@ASN21, just to offer up a counterpoint to you on the pricing debate.

You mentioned the QST, but Srixon offers the ZStar and ZStar XV which retail for more. This will be the highest price point Wilson ball. How do we know, without testing performance, that these will compete with the QST and not the ZStar (or sit between the two, in which case pricing would be right on line). I think the latter is the goal - 10% more iron spin is being advertised which would likely ideally be more than the QST. I could be wrong though, and they could perform more similarly to the QST.

Another way to look at it, at $34.99 Wilson is already pricing out its highest end ball lower than any other retail driven OEM. Is it fair to expect them to be much lower?

Perhaps the name Duo has the perception that it should be at a certain price point. To be honest I waited until there was a price break to buy Duo U. This probably should have been name the TRIO anyway since it’s a three piece ball. Then they could charge more.

@ASN21, just to offer up a counterpoint to you on the pricing debate.

You mentioned the QST, but Srixon offers the ZStar and ZStar XV which retail for more. This will be the highest price point Wilson ball. How do we know, without testing performance, that these will compete with the QST and not the ZStar (or sit between the two, in which case pricing would be right on line). I think the latter is the goal - 10% more iron spin is being advertised which would likely ideally be more than the QST. I could be wrong though, and they could perform more similarly to the QST.

Another way to look at it, at $34.99 Wilson is already pricing out its highest end ball lower than any other retail driven OEM. Is it fair to expect them to be much lower?

So there's definitely no replacement for the FG Tour?

not that I have seen so far. Love the FG Tour and keen to give these a go in yellow.

Man, I haven’t seen that ball advertised in forever so thought it wasn’t being reupped. Just checked though and it is still on WS page so I am probably wrong. In that case, I can see ASN’s point for sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I haven’t seen that ball advertised in forever so thought it wasn’t being reupped. Just checked though and it is still on WS page so I am probably wrong. In that case, I can see ASN’s point for sure...

they released a new FG Tour at the end of last year I think - it went from a 3 piece to 4 piece ball. It gets revised pretty regularly. The FG Tour is a fantastic ball and IMHO one the most under rated balls out there - it is as good as anything going. It is durable (I can squeeze 36 holes out of one), good distance, feel from 100 metres in is wonderful and it performs around the green.

It is so unloved that I can buy Wilsons flagship ball in Australia at the same price, or less, than their DUO Urethane.

I’d love to try the yellow or orange. I plan to pick up a dozen as soon as they become available.

After 36 holes with ball I really like it. The matte colors are great. I love the orange, green and yellow. They are really easy to see in the air and east to find even in the rough.
This is as good of a 3 piece urethane ball there is, I think I have played every 3 piece ball ever made haha.
This thing flew off the driver and cut through the wind on sunday really well. It checked very good. Bermuda/rye greens are firmer than the bent grass greens we have at home and still had zero problems getting the ball to check.
On Sunday I had 152 to the pin hit an 8 iron that actually backed up about 3 feet, that’s pretty damn good on firm greens

After 36 holes with ball I really like it. The matte colors are great. I love the orange, green and yellow. They are really easy to see in the air and east to find even in the rough.
This is as good of a 3 piece urethane ball there is, I think I have played every 3 piece ball ever made haha.
This thing flew off the driver and cut through the wind on sunday really well. It checked very good. Bermuda/rye greens are firmer than the bent grass greens we have at home and still had zero problems getting the ball to check.
On Sunday I had 152 to the pin hit an 8 iron that actually backed up about 3 feet, that’s pretty damn good on firm greens

These are available now ?

Not yet. December 3. I will be ordering a bunch of the orange
We played them at #StaffProto

Not yet. He played them at staff proto last weekend.

Edit: he beat me to it

Not yet. December 3. I will be ordering a bunch if the orange

Overall feedback was rather impressive at Staff Proto.

I will be looking for the green more than likely.

Overall feedback was rather impressive at Staff Proto.

Yes it was. For guys that like a urethane ball i think it’s a winner

I will be looking for the green more than likely.

The green looks pretty darn good

Im digging the matte white........I seen them at the Shaft Up Finale and I was like..hmmm.. that's pretty cool.

Back