Wilson Staff DUO Professional Golf Balls

Im digging the matte white........I seen them at the Shaft Up Finale and I was like..hmmm.. that's pretty cool.

You saw prototypes and sadly those didn’t make the cut in the Pro line. They were awesome though.

You saw prototypes and sadly those didn’t make the cut in the Pro line. They were awesome though.

Is there going to be a matte white finish in the Pro line?

Is there going to be a matte white finish in the Pro line?

Not at this time.
Per TC the matte white was expensive to produce. But have not fear there is a regular white in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they say what was different with just a color change?

That’s seems odd haha. Obviously I don’t know anything about it though.

Not at this time.
Per TC the matte white was expensive to produce. But have not fear there is a regular white in them

Damn, I should of gaffled one from JB then.....

I did not ask why, but I know that matte white was more expensive to produce

I believe white needed an extra coat.

After 36 holes with ball I really like it. The matte colors are great. I love the orange, green and yellow. They are really easy to see in the air and east to find even in the rough.
This is as good of a 3 piece urethane ball there is, I think I have played every 3 piece ball ever made haha.
This thing flew off the driver and cut through the wind on sunday really well. It checked very good. Bermuda/rye greens are firmer than the bent grass greens we have at home and still had zero problems getting the ball to check.
On Sunday I had 152 to the pin hit an 8 iron that actually backed up about 3 feet, that’s pretty damn good on firm greens

Yeah, I am picking up a few dozen of the orange matte as soon as they are available.

Yeah, I am picking up a few dozen of the orange matte as soon as they are available.

Good call. You love the color. Shiny orange always blinded me in the sun, the matte orange is perfect

Good call. You love the color. Shiny orange always blinded me in the sun, the matte orange is perfect

Yeah, where I play there is often a marine layer and I lose everything but an Orange ball (maybe the red tracks as well). Urethane and Orange I am in, adding the Matte finish is big bonus.

I will definitely be trying these out.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Anyone try this that has tried the Vice Pro Soft matte Urethane Ball ?

Does the green version compare in color to the Vice neon green pictured here?

536984860aee58c58d7c52e221fc9bef.jpg

After 36 holes with ball I really like it. The matte colors are great. I love the orange, green and yellow. They are really easy to see in the air and east to find even in the rough.
This is as good of a 3 piece urethane ball there is, I think I have played every 3 piece ball ever made haha.
This thing flew off the driver and cut through the wind on sunday really well. It checked very good. Bermuda/rye greens are firmer than the bent grass greens we have at home and still had zero problems getting the ball to check.
On Sunday I had 152 to the pin hit an 8 iron that actually backed up about 3 feet, that’s pretty damn good on firm greens

Going to have to pick me up a doz of these next season. Duo Pro sounds like fun!

That’s too bad! Matte white is sweet.

Anyone try this that has tried the Vice Pro Soft matte Urethane Ball ?

Does the green version compare in color to the Vice neon green pictured here?

536984860aee58c58d7c52e221fc9bef.jpg

Yes color on green is about the same. I played vice pro soft red and liked the ball. The duo pro feels softer and green side spin was a little better for me with duo pro

Once these hit stores I will be picking up some more of the matte green. I loved how the Duo Pro performed over the weekend.

Even I was able to get them to check up on Bermuda greens...
I will be looking for the green more than likely.

Good call, you will be glad you did.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was hoping they would come in red but probably too much to ask for a premium ball.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Yes color on green is about the same. I played vice pro soft red and liked the ball. The duo pro feels softer and green side spin was a little better for me with duo pro

Sweet thanks

Liking the reviews on these, going to add to the list to try

Any perceived negatives on them tho?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, where I play there is often a marine layer and I lose everything but an Orange ball (maybe the red tracks as well). Urethane and Orange I am in, adding the Matte finish is big bonus.

I was just discussing with someone this past weekend the benefits of orange balls in low visibility. So much that I make a practice to keep a sleeve in my bag now.

No matte white offering is the only negative I can think about lol. Honestly, give these a go. With the amazing price on these, I'd just grab a dozen and enjoy!

One thing I was surprised with was the durability of the cover. During Staff Proto I had a few OB shots that I found in the desert. After a quick towel cleaning it was ready to go and I played it again and hit it OB lol. Found it again and it was still in good shape, so I can attest that this will hold up well.

No matte white offering is the only negative I can think about lol. Honestly, give these a go. With the amazing price on these, I'd just grab a dozen and enjoy!

One thing I was surprised with was the durability of the cover. During Staff Proto I had a few OB shots that I found in the desert. After a quick towel cleaning it was ready to go and I played it again and hit it OB lol. Found it again and it was still in good shape, so I can attest that this will hold up well.
I get the occasional good bounce off a cart path so I can surely test the durability when I got them haha

Wilson Staff DUO Professional Golf Balls

No negatives from me yet. I love matte colors and these look great. I will be playing them in 50 degree weather Friday so I can give a cool weather report on the performance. I will hit some shots with this ball the duo u, the snell and Qstar tour and prov1

I was just discussing with someone this past weekend the benefits of orange balls in low visibility. So much that I make a practice to keep a sleeve in my bag now.

the orange for me is #1 visiblity but not many options with a urethane cover. The only option I had found before was the volvik, but I wasn't a big fan of that ball. I love the Duo-U and the look of the Duo Soft Optix orange matte so this option is like they took everything I would want and put it in one ball.

IMG_1674.jpg
I’m really looking forward to the release of this ball...

Back