Wilson Staff Vizor Putter

Should have it any day now. I too, tried this one out locally over the last few days. I have a differing opinion than that of Mr. Duffer, but I will save my feedback for when I can take it out for a round of golf or spend more time with it.

JB - just curious, can you provide your feedback on this putter?

I was able to putt with this today at my local Edwin Watts. I had no idea about the setup aspect of the putter, as there was no info about this at the putting green. I think they should make a more concerted effort to market this unique aspect of the putter where they are demoed.

Anyway, here is my feedback. Overall, I liked the putter. I do not agree with a previous poster who said it felt like the Nike Method. The Nike rep was there at the EW and I hit a ton of those putters - both the milled and new Core versions. The Nike to me is a medium feel face with a nice crack sound. The Wilson is somewhat softer (not much), but quieter. Not bad though. Where I really noticed a difference was in the weighting. The Nike was very light. The Wilson to me felt heavy - like Heavy Putter heavy. This was not bad as it made me take a nice smooth/fluid backstroke, and took any hit out of the stroke.

I will definitely go back and pay more attention to the set-up. I did feel I was able to easily line-up the putter (easier than the Nike), so maybe there is something to it. Overall, I was impressed. But at $149 retail, it seemed a little steep to me. The new Nike Method Core was the same price. I think Wilson should drop their price to about 80% of the premium brands right now. I venture to guess when confronted with putters from Nike/Odyssey/Ping and Wilson at the same price point, most people will not chose the Wilson.

Due to good sales, the media dept was a little backed up and we did not receive it as of yet.

Due to good sales, the media dept was a little backed up and we did not receive it as of yet.

Id like to see this putter at the demo day.

Ok - thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to your comments once you get a chance to play it.

I was able to putt with this today at my local Edwin Watts. I had no idea about the setup aspect of the putter, as there was no info about this at the putting green. I think they should make a more concerted effort to market this unique aspect of the putter where they are demoed.

Anyway, here is my feedback. Overall, I liked the putter. I do not agree with a previous poster who said it felt like the Nike Method. The Nike rep was there at the EW and I hit a ton of those putters - both the milled and new Core versions. The Nike to me is a medium feel face with a nice crack sound. The Wilson is somewhat softer (not much), but quieter. Not bad though. Where I really noticed a difference was in the weighting. The Nike was very light. The Wilson to me felt heavy - like Heavy Putter heavy. This was not bad as it made me take a nice smooth/fluid backstroke, and took any hit out of the stroke.

I will definitely go back and pay more attention to the set-up. I did feel I was able to easily line-up the putter (easier than the Nike), so maybe there is something to it. Overall, I was impressed. But at $149 retail, it seemed a little steep to me. The new Nike Method Core was the same price. I think Wilson should drop their price to about 80% of the premium brands right now. I venture to guess when confronted with putters from Nike/Odyssey/Ping and Wilson at the same price point, most people will not chose the Wilson.

After putting with it a couple more times i dont agree with me either, LOL. It had a harder feel to me that 1st time but, the 2nd and 3rd times it felt softer and more like you described, who knows why. After putting with it the next few times i decided it was just too dang heavy for me and the bend at the end of the shaft doesnt work for me either, its just too slanted. It did feel nice tho and the alignment aide worked very well but, for me it would have to be much lighter and not as slanted. Its a really good putter with a slightly new take on alignment and i'm sure it would work great for someone whose stance is more bent over than mine.

After putting with it a couple more times i dont agree with me either, LOL. It had a harder feel to me that 1st time but, the 2nd and 3rd times it felt softer and more like you described, who knows why. After putting with it the next few times i decided it was just too dang heavy for me and the bend at the end of the shaft doesnt work for me either, its just too slanted. It did feel nice tho and the alignment aide worked very well but, for me it would have to be much lighter and not as slanted. Its a really good putter with a slightly new take on alignment and i'm sure it would work great for someone whose stance is more bent over than mine.

Ha ha! I wonder if whatever ball you used the first time was very different than what you game - I am guessing that contributed to the feel difference. I do agree it seems very heavy - I left a post on Wilson Staff facebook page asking about the weight as they do not provide that info on their golf specs on their website. Coincidentally there is a demo day near me today and Wilson is supposed to be there. I am going to try and head over and will test out the putter (hopefully) on a real green, and will provide some more comments afterwards.

Ha ha! I wonder if whatever ball you used the first time was very different than what you game - I am guessing that contributed to the feel difference. I do agree it seems very heavy - I left a post on Wilson Staff facebook page asking about the weight as they do not provide that info on their golf specs on their website. Coincidentally there is a demo day near me today and Wilson is supposed to be there. I am going to try and head over and will test out the putter (hopefully) on a real green, and will provide some more comments afterwards.

Yea it very well could've been the ball i dont think i even noticed what ball it was, LOL.

Went to the demo day, and unfortunately the Wilson rep did not bring any putters. I did end up buying a Bobby Grace Triumph with the new grooved/rolled face. This is a story for another thread.

Wilson did respond to my Facebook post, and the head weighs 395 grams. It is definitely noticeable to me.

WS Vizor

WS Vizor

Just looking for some thoughts on the WS Vizor, has anyone tried it? It looks pretty big, but I quite like it.

Very interesting design.

I think it looks like a spider, merged with a kombi and a rechargeable norelco razor

but if it makes more putts and sinks them I am all for trying something new

I got this Putter 2 weeks ago, and I simply cannot believe what a difference it's made to my putting.

Before 5-6 feet putts were going in about 1 in 10 now I'm getting 8/9 in 10 now. It's really given me confidence on the greens and as a results it's helping my overall game.

It's a little heavy but that's how I like my putters and the simple visual alignment aid was quite eye opening (pun not intended). I had never realised that I had not been standing directly over the ball. This simple adjustment and really help me line up the putts a lot better.

I've been mulling over the Vizor putter for months now, as my current Yes! putter has been letting me down (or vice versa) as of late, to the point where my buddy was insisting that a new putter was the answer. When I mentioned the Vizor to him, he scoffed at me, as you would expect an odessey wh0re to do.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Turns out he later happened to be xmas shopping at RD golf, was testing putters so he could make a reco for me, and just this weekend when we exchanged xmas gifts, he told me about his experience He told me he didn't like any of the new PING or Odessey putters they had, but that he was surprised to see that they also had the W/S Vizor putter, since pretty much no one carries wilson stuff out here. He then proceeded to tell me how dead wrong he was about the Vizor putter, and that it was pretty money. Said he holed a 30 foot on the practice green on his first stroke, and lipped the 2nd. He couldn't believe it. Said I needed to get to RD and try it out myself. [/FONT]

The next day, I went to RD and was absolutely floored. Originally I had been thinking about the blade version, since my Yes! Tiffany was a similar style, and the mallet head looked way to big for my liking (in pics). My buddy, a blade fan, told me their mallet was better than the blade, and he was right. Turns out the issue for me was weight, and while the blade version was acting the same way as my Yes! putter, the heavier mallet was steady through the stroke and was all roll. In addition the mallet head was MUCH smaller than I originally thought, and not at all distracting. I too holed my first (and second) 25 footer, and after about 45 minutes trying other putters, I was sold on the W/S Vizor.

Went home and ordered the 33" mallet, with along with a Winn jumbo grip online since I found a site that had an instant $50 rebate, 15% off one item, and free shipping over $100. Can't wait to get that bad boy in the bag and out on the course.

Rolled this putter at my PGA SS. The alignment seemed like a neat idea but found it difficult to see through the window. I probably just needed to spend more time with it. Feel off the face was surprisingly good but nothing "wow'd" me!

Tapping away on my S3

Having recently went back to :wilsonstaff: irons (see sig) I am going to take my time and see if I can fill my bag with all :wilsonstaff: products...just something fun to do but I do love the Ci11 irons...so with that said I am very interested in the Vizor Mallet...I remember putting with it at the local EW store a year or so ago but did not pull the trigger...after reading through this thread it sounds like I would like this putter as I like face balanced putters and I like them on the heavy side...dont get me wrong my Metal X #7 is a very good putter but I checked and it does not say :wilsonstaff: on it anywhere...LOL

Were these putter heads really heavy? I just pulled my mallet version head and it weighed at 384 grams heavy. Just an extremely heavy head.

I got it out of a bargain bin so I wonder if it wasn't a belly or even broomstick at that head weight?

I bought a UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered putter shaft and just threw it in - it's drying right now. Looking forward to trying that shaft for the first time.

Back