NEWS Win a Free Fitting - Equipment and Fitting Survey

Just got my email, thanks @JB and THP. Congrats to all others.

Well I got an email from Club Champion, they want me to setup my "fitting session". I wrote back and asked if I was chosen from the THP Club Champion fi
I just got the same email. Thanks @JB for letting us know about this opportunity.
So did I, replied and waitng for Club Champion to reply.

Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email confirmation with more tips. We will be specifically testing your driver and 6-iron, so please be sure to bring those clubs to your appointment. If you have any questions, please reply to this email.

P.S. If you are not a high handicapper, if you are left-handed, if you are not able to get to a Club Champion US location, or if you have been custom-fitted in the past, you would not be eligible for this study. We do studies frequently, so please remove yourself from consideration if any of the above is true and keep an eye out for the next round of research.

This should be fun. I have one 25 minutes away.
Driver and 6i that makes it easy!

I have used Club Champion before and fitted here on THP, so I didn't count. However, I did sign up my son who is just getting into golf the last two years and has never been fit.

Question, most of the time Club Champion only gives a free fitting if you purchase the clubs. Is this totally free or just if you make a purchase?

I have used Club Champion before and fitted here on THP, so I didn't count. However, I did sign up my son who is just getting into golf the last two years and has never been fit.

Question, most of the time Club Champion only gives a free fitting if you purchase the clubs. Is this totally free or just if you make a purchase?
According to the email it's FREE. We are to bring our Driver and 6i and be ready for 1.5 hrs of fitting time. So it looks like we're going to get their "sales pitch" too, IMO.

According to the email it's FREE. We are to bring our Driver and 6i and be ready for 1.5 hrs of fitting time. So it looks like we're going to get their "sales pitch" too, IMO.
According to their fitting descriptions, a normal iron fitting lasts 1.5 hours, as does a driver fitting. So I’m not sure how much sales pitching there will be, though I’ve obviously never been fit before to know for certain.

What a great opportunity for an extensive fitting. Having just watched @Club Champion fit @BB Fan Girl and seeing those results it is absolutely worth it to get fit.

Nobody is being forced to go get their free fitting they signed up for of course

Great gesture on their part! This is a really cool opportunity for someone

Good question. It does say Study not fitting.

Very cool. I got the email also. Sent back my info, did specify that I’ve been fit for a putter before but not irons or Driver so we will see what they say.

Got the email for a fitting for a 6 iron and driver as well.

Thanks for sharing JB! I just signed up and they said I should receive an email to schedule within the next few days so I'm very excited. For someone that has used mostly hand-me-down clubs, I've always been anxious to get fitted. Thanks again!

Let me know when you head that way. The apartment I’m in is in the same complex. Can get a drink or something
Absolutely

Good question. It does say Study not fitting.
It sounds like a fitting to me.
  1. Preferred day of the week and timeframe (morning/afternoon) for your fitting (store hours can be found on our website on your preferred location’s page). Please note that your fitting will take about 1.5 hours to complete.

Question for those following this thread that have done a fitting before: is it helpful to go into it with an idea of things you'd like to try? Or best to just let the fitter do their thing and recommend stuff? I have a feeling its the former, but dont want to overstep if that's not the idea.

Question for those following this thread that have done a fitting before: is it helpful to go into it with an idea of things you'd like to try? Or best to just let the fitter do their thing and recommend stuff? I have a feeling its the former, but dont want to overstep if that's not the idea.
It’s ok to have some ideas, but have an open mind to what the fitter says is best.

I signed up. Haven’t got an email yet. If I do, I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

Glad to see some THP'ers getting in on this, I look forward to hearing about the outcomes!

Be honest during the interview portion. If you have a favorite brand, say it.

I was fit for my irons and putter - everything else is basically from THP in some capacity, I hit yes so it thanked me for my time.

I don't qualify since I am LH. But the one thing that always concerned me about fittings is that they always seem to push the latest (highest priced) club offering from the manufacturers. Yes, I understand that sometimes the fitter will suggest you keep what you are currently playing since it has better results. But curious if anyone has ever had an experience where the fitter fits you into last year's (or 2 years) prior club offering.

I don't qualify since I am LH. But the one thing that always concerned me about fittings is that they always seem to push the latest (highest priced) club offering from the manufacturers. Yes, I understand that sometimes the fitter will suggest you keep what you are currently playing since it has better results. But curious if anyone has ever had an experience where the fitter fits you into last year's (or 2 years) prior club offering.
Most fitters wouldnt have that inventory.

Back