what do you actually do with this thing?

Good luck. I guess?

There's room enough on the sole for some custom stamping... maybe something like a chicken clucker?:ROFLMAO:

You can make the transition but it could take a while. I got interested in an Arm Lock when I heard Dave Stockton say he wondered why more pros weren't using it. That got my curiosity bubbling. I ended up getting a Yes belly putter and cutting it down to fit where I thought it should go and adding a Arm Lock RX Lite grip. I had some success with it last season but thought in the back of my mind if a true arm lock designed stick would be better. I tried all I could find locally, including the Odyssey (not the dw you have) and Bettinardi nothing got me to bite. Then I found AR. With a coupon they offered I took a internet golfers chance and ordered a Pendragon. I received it in January and began practicing on my 10ft crappy putting strip. It really took me months to get comfortable with the stroke mechanics and the differences between the Yes and the AR. I have a bunch of rounds now in the books with the AR. For me, it is working quite well. Making more putts inside 10ft than I ever have, and made the longest putt I ever have, estimating it at 75ft. If you stick with it you won't need luck. The other guys playing you will.

Initial first impressions: this thing is a monster. But it also is incredibly easy to putt with.

Initial first impressions: this thing is a monster. But it also is incredibly easy to putt with.

That's awesome.
Now do what your playing partners first impressions will be?

That's awesome.
Now do what your playing partners first impressions will be?
I've shown them a picture, and one said "We can't be friends anymore."

Are you just using a crutch?
Not a crutch, it's a sledgehammer... with a longer handle.

Tried to measure swing weight, but it broke the scale...

Showing support, I made a point to test an armlock putter today. Ping Sigma 2 Valor 400. The setup and body position is very different and would take time for adjustment. But it didn't take long to realize it would be hard to miss many putts under 10'. Long putts would be a different story. It was overall a strange but not completely awful experience.

I make fun, but I hope it works for you Adam. It will be fun to follow

Wide load coming through. Godspeed.

#FootCam

where are your shoes? socks?

It looks like they're behind him on the floor, back on the left side of the camera frame, right where they belong. :LOL: (I'm a barefooter indoors too.)

Being a mallet guy, I still like the look of that double wide head. And he's got it working with three solid five footers in a row.

It begins. How much pressure are you using with the upper shaft/grip along your left arm? The strangest aspect for my little test was how far forward the ball ended up in my stance. I had to recalibrate the visual alignment. But once I did, the stroke was very repeatable. This will be fun to follow.

It begins. How much pressure are you using with the upper shaft/grip along your left arm? The strangest aspect for my little test was how far forward the ball ended up in my stance. I had to recalibrate the visual alignment. But once I did, the stroke was very repeatable. This will be fun to follow.
I've noticed I do need to move the ball up in my stance a little from usual, but not a massive degree. The putter itself has much more loft than what I have previously been fit to, so the slight forward press the arm lock forces you to make works out nicely.

The longer grip rests just below my left elbow, not too much pressure. I feel like I'm making the stroke with my left arm.

Played 36 holes with the Arm Lock so far, and really enjoy it. Made a few birdies and really like the feel. Going to stick with it for awhile, with a goal of ultimately transitioning back to a putter I'd previously been fit to.

Played 36 holes with the Arm Lock so far, and really enjoy it. Made a few birdies and really like the feel. Going to stick with it for awhile, with a goal of ultimately transitioning back to a putter I'd previously been fit to.

If it works, why would the goal be to switch back? So @Canadan and @JB dont make fun of you anymore??

I've noticed I do need to move the ball up in my stance a little from usual, but not a massive degree. The putter itself has much more loft than what I have previously been fit to, so the slight forward press the arm lock forces you to make works out nicely.

The longer grip rests just below my left elbow, not too much pressure. I feel like I'm making the stroke with my left arm.

How have you noticed the long putts on feel? I could see longer putts being a bit difficult to get the feel down since you are kinda only using your left arm.

...here I thought you were headed out to build something.

how much does that sucker weigh?
I thought he was going out to chop some wood :eek:

Do you think the feel is due to the arm lock or the size of the head?

Back