Wolf Creek, Mesquite, Nevada

could they just ask Tom Weiskopf to come in and fix the mickey mouse greens..... but I'm being pedantic -- I love the place, but it just needs some TLC to make it truly special. These comments are coming from someone who washes his car every second day, so pay me no heed.

I agree with your sentiment and I don’t wash my car every other day. The driving range only allows irons and a few greens are beyond fair.

Wolf Creek is a ton of fun. I could play it a few times here and there. Don't recall any greens being unfair///Other than their placement. The two par 3's on the front are unique for green placements...Blind up the hill and near island on a very long hole if you are playing back from the mid tees...I'd point out though that nearly every great golf course has a couple greens which create discussion as to fairness....Part of the circumstance is understanding the green that is penal and staying away from that part of it.

Wolf Creek is a ton of fun. I could play it a few times here and there. Don't recall any greens being unfair///Other than their placement. The two par 3's on the front are unique for green placements...Blind up the hill and near island on a very long hole if you are playing back from the mid tees...I'd point out though that nearly every great golf course has a couple greens which create discussion as to fairness....Part of the circumstance is understanding the green that is penal and staying away from that part of it.
blind up the hill is one thing - then you have a severe slope to deal with...... I'd change it. But I'm a Goldilocks golfer and don't want any unfair factors messing with my pleasure. I've had a few buddies who think unfair greens are fun - but they have since been disappeared.

Will be at Wolf Creek and Conestoga next spring - always look forward to returning.

Will be at Wolf Creek and Conestoga next spring - always look forward to returning.
Add a day of rental of RZR in Hurricane and run em over to the Sand area....Absolute blast....also Sand Hollow is a must play

The elevation changes are crazy. We teed off on the tenth hole and couldn't believe the drop from the eleventh tee to the green, and that was just the beginning. If you have slope finder on your range finder, it would be a tremendous help.

Amazing pic and looks like a really fun track.

I'd like to get out and play this one day. I've wanted to for a while and really wish I had golfed when I lived in the area. Some great pics in here.

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the photos all. Seems like my chances of getting to NV from NC anytime soon are pretty much 0. Maybe one day....

Some photos from yesterday.

7DFE580E-20E4-4EBB-B2B3-665464378443.jpeg4D9E8CD8-61DE-4763-981C-BF8327200C83.jpegBADA665D-0B16-41B1-AD06-A5025D454CD7.jpegE7F25BCC-9251-42A1-A643-0B7BD8D6742F.jpeg19C83D66-8A4B-4AB7-978A-9573D2F84584.jpeg07910C8F-C1BF-4CEC-8CB6-D32E7D1B1A88.jpegBB4BFD5C-1173-414A-B933-9CE66A6D2DCF.jpegCA05E584-0735-4215-9096-8F1EBD9A3573.jpeg21687430-B9B0-41C9-A914-CDE25D72BD5D.jpeg

Ive played, its crazy. Your focus can’t stop once you leave the green because then you have to navigate the cart paths.

Ive played, its crazy. Your focus can’t stop once you leave the green because then you have to navigate the cart paths.
I keep saying that it’s a course that feels like you are playing golf from a roller coaster.

I saw two carts flip while I was there. We were skidding and sliding all over the place.
Yeah, beer can do that in that type of terrain.

I have WGT golf game on my phone. Wolf Creek is hard enough to play on the phone. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be the play there. Although it looks like fun.

it is wonderfully different and well worth making the effort to play there - as there are other good tracks in that area. I've said it many times but this layout could be off the charts great if they just spent some more money on maintenance - had a better range - and redid some greens that I thought had too much slope...but then again I am overly critical of most things. I'll be back there for sure.

it is wonderfully different and well worth making the effort to play there - as there are other good tracks in that area. I've said it many times but this layout could be off the charts great if they just spent some more money on maintenance - had a better range - and redid some greens that I thought had too much slope...but then again I am overly critical of most things. I'll be back there for sure.
I have played it five times now and I feel like I have learned how to play it, so that it is not as intimidating. I try to contemplate how much it must have cost to build the course, as well as to maintain it. It makes me wonder how tight the budget must be to even contemplate redoing greens or holes. The driving range leaves a lot to be desired. I have always thought that an irons only range at an upscale course is cheesy. I wonder if they simply ran out of room for it, the way that it sits next to the airport.

I have played it five times now and I feel like I have learned how to play it, so that it is not as intimidating. I try to contemplate how much it must have cost to build the course, as well as to maintain it. It makes me wonder how tight the budget must be to even contemplate redoing greens or holes. The driving range leaves a lot to be desired. I have always thought that an irons only range at an upscale course is cheesy. I wonder if they simply ran out of room for it, the way that it sits next to the airport.
I think you and I need to take over this property and we'll get it nicely sorted -- just need a really wealthy benefactor to back us up. Anyone visiting Vegas just needs to drive an hour or so up the road and experience Wolf Creek.

I played Wolf Creek shortly after it first opened. My primary recollection from that day is being impressed with the construction work it took to build on that piece of land a golf course.

I think you and I need to take over this property and we'll get it nicely sorted -- just need a really wealthy benefactor to back us up. Anyone visiting Vegas just needs to drive an hour or so up the road and experience Wolf Creek.
I think we will be playing Wolf Creek in May.

I played Wolf Creek shortly after it first opened. My primary recollection from that day is being impressed with the construction work it took to build on that piece of land a golf course.
Those are my thoughts every time I play it. How did they conceive of and actually create a golf course on this piece of terrain. It would not have been easy to do. Just thinking about the amount of fill dirt and the related costs give me a cold sweat.

I have WGT golf game on my phone. Wolf Creek is hard enough to play on the phone. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be the play there. Although it looks like fun.

My round there was an experience I’ll never forget, but I wouldn’t call it fun. More like truly humbling. That course is just way beyond my skill level.

I’d still recommend playing it at least once though. It’s a stunning course. I’ve never been on another remotely like it.

Looks like an absolute blast!! Thanks for sharing your round with us. That course is on my list for sure. The carts sound crazy. I will remember to drive if I ever play there. I got a few buddies I would not want to ride with based on your description.

Looks like an absolute blast!! Thanks for sharing your round with us. That course is on my list for sure. The carts sound crazy. I will remember to drive if I ever play there. I got a few buddies I would not want to ride with based on your description.

The cart path definitely has some white knuckle moments. I remember one hill that was so steep I kept waiting for the cart to start rolling backwards.

Back