Worst shot of the round?

20200725_180446.jpg

And I'm going to get to look at it for the next 99 drives.

Effing trees. Led to my only bogey of the day

Last edited:
18th hole hit my best drive of the day, nice draw to centre of fairway leaving me 130 to the pin. Pull my 9 iron figuring new clubs will be a club longer and proceed to push it into the hazard left of the green. 2 putted for double. #nda

Two of my best swings resulted in triple and double bogeys. First one, par 5, pushed a drive into deep rough. Crushed a hybrid out of the rough but misjudged how fast I could get it up and over the trees. Hit the tree, ball in the water. Didn’t get better after that. Snowman. 😢 17th hole, par 3, all carry over water. Perfectly struck 6 iron, covered the flag, except I cleared the green landed in very long, thick grass in a 5 foot deep pot bunker. 2 more to get it on the green, missed putt, 5. Thought I’d be looking at a birdie putt after I hit the tee shot.......

Hit an 8 foot par straight putt almost sideways. Had a 4 footer, which I made from right of the hole, to save bogey.

Today? 4ft for eagle in a scramble. I putted last and left it the same place as the previous 3 people. Jeesh. It stayed on the top edge 3 fracking times already yet I take the same line?

Woulda won a skin too. Dangit.

Smashed a drive on the par 5 5th. Had a 9 iron in hand to get on in 2.
Pumped it OB left. #quality.

Lol! I was in the right rough earlier this year 100 yards out into a stiff breeze. I decided to hit a “knockdown” GW. (Note-do not try this on your first round of the year when you barely played the year before).

I caught that sucker clean, that’s the only bright spot. I also pulled it 40 yards left of anything golfable and OB. I did flight it low though. Tends to happen with a snap hook. Other than a fatso, probably the only time I will ever miss my target by 60 yards with a GW. Tried to get cute with it and failed.

Lost my focus late in the round (hot as hell!) and hit a trio of poor irons. Yuck!

I forgot how to hit a golf ball today. Worst ball of the round is hard to choose. It would either be:

A. Topped ball into water on hole 3
B. Thinned 8i into trees after smoking one of my few good drives on hole 7
C. Driver pushed 70 yards right into the hazard on 10. Never got the line over so re-tee
D. Somehow hit a spinny low fader that never got above head high and skipped in the about 5 times on 12....with a pitching wedge🤦‍♂️
E. Driver pulled left into trees to never be seen again on hole 14
F. And idk what I did there (thinned, chunked, both?) knee high that hits the curb on the cart path 70 yards ahead and kicks left OB. Hole 18
G. Well you kind of get the idea.

Numerous bad shot. I couldn’t get the ball in the air today to save my like. Thin, chunked, flat out low, you name it shots were plentiful. One more day of torture tomorrow for our tournament. Does anyone know anything about bowling?

Par 3 156... actually none of that matters when there is a terrible swing and a direct bullet into the hazard...

Drop Hhazard

The
Par 3 156... actually none of that matters when there is a terrible swing and a direct bullet into the hazard...

Drop Hhazard
The course I played today, hole 7 has a sneaky lake that creeps into most folks landing area although it only takes 175 to clear it. But if you aren’t familiar with the course, you don’t likely see it when picking your line. I watched 16 folks tee off (ouch in itself) and 6 splashed, lol.

It’s only an Lol as I wasn’t one of them (this time).

Worst shot of the day probably goes to the complete and utter failure of a chip with the putter from the fringe. I misread the break and the speed, then scuffed the putter on the ground and left it a good 20' short. I three putted from there for a solid double.

I know I suck at it more than I do at golf, lol. Gimme the bumpers.
HAHA! When I was like 6-8 I played in a kids league and was pretty good at it then. I could probably beat myself today.

As bad as Saturday was I got redemption on Sunday and played much better. We played a scramble on the front 9. We used my partners drives on holes 1, 7, and 9 and I birdied those from there. I also birdied holes 4,5, and 6 on my own ball. I got a closest to the pin on the 180 yard hole 2 par 3 and lipped out the put on the high side. On the back it was a combined score and I shot 2 over with one double, two bogies and birdies on holes 14 and 15.

It is crazy how well I hit the ball compared to Saturday when I felt like I didn't know how to swing and wanted to quit golf. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is hope that you can play well after one of those terrible rounds. That is the reason we keep coming back to this game that can be downright frustrating at times but that we all love.

My last three scores (short easy par 71 course) are 75/100/76 so I know your pain well.

The 100 type round usually nothing goes right but I could not hit an iron to save my life. I’m talking fats, tops, but luckily no “s” words. Everything was in line with the other two rounds. But when you add a shot or two every single hole chunking your way to the dang green, it’s not going to be a good day. It was hole 15 before I hit one well. And that might have been the only one all day.

Never made the range in between and hit them just fine next time out.

Our opening hole on the Pinehurst nine is a short par-4 and I blocked a drive way right. I tried to hit a high draw 7-iron over the trees and cold-shanked it 20 yards to the right of the 1st green on the Point nine; I'm pretty sure I'm the first person to play from that position in the 70 years the course has been open...

I did manage to hit a full 7-iron onto the green and lipped out a par putt from 15'; that would have been one heck of a par!

After holing out from 100 with my 50*, the next hole I duffed 3 consecutive chip shots to get on the green. Uphill lie and my wedges just dont mix

Yesterday in a tourney....

Good drive that rolled through to some deep fluffy rough.
Only 45 yards out, should be perfect for the 60* wedge.
Nice smooth swing.....club went right under the ball, popped it straight up and back down into the divot. Ugh....

20200727_165855.jpg

Tried to big draw a 3W around the trees and rocketed a big draw right into the trees instead. It was something. I got looks from the guy on the next tees near there, and anyone else within earshot. Raised my hand real high so everyone could know it was me.

Had a tee shot on a par 3 go left and landed on the other side of a narrow creek in some thick rough. Had an easy flop shot to the center of a large green but decided to try the short chip to the hole which was near side of the green. needed to carry 6-8 ft to be safe and of course picked my head up and chunked it 3 ft into the water.

Left the ball in the deep green side bunker twice.

Humming along, playing the back tees, +2 through 15.

#16 is our #1 handicap hole and a brute. Although straight to draw all day, I'd blown too many right on this hole recently, and OB.

So I tee'd my ball right side of the box and set up a bit farther left than I had all day. Although only a slight pull, set-up killed me. Woods left.

Left me way too far out on this par 4, about 235 uphill to the back pin. Double.

Rats.

(1) 270 out on a par 5 and with no chance to get to the green, I went against my general rule and pulled a 6-iron to get to the 90-100 yd range.

Weak 150-yd fade into a pond outside of the cart path. 🤡

(2) 45 yds to the flag on a par 4, after 2 bad shots, with a perfect lie in the fairway still. I went with SW, because I can stick a LW in the ground like a champ when it is as soft as it is now.

Fat.

Dropped another ball just for fun.

Fat. Again. Practically identical to the first try.

Stuck the resultant LW from 25 yds out to 5 feet to save bogey, at least. :confused2:

Back