Worst shot of the round?

Worst shot today was a bladed 8 iron that was supposed to go 155 yards, but went about 80 feet.

I shot an 82, not bad for me, but when you blade a shot over the green from 10 yards off it really is discouraging.

Second shot on what should have been a pretty easy par 4. I had already hit my drive dead center of the fairway. All I needed was an easy 7 iron up the middle between two bunkers and onto the green. Even coming up a bit short would not have been a problem if I was on the fringe. Instead I chunked a fat shot and took a divot about 6 inches behind the ball, which went about 20 yards. Let's just say I fell apart on that hole after that.

hit a monster drive over the edge of the trees, and continue to hosel shank one right on the next shot. Had to use my 62 to hit over trees (not show on overhead), to get back to the green, missed my putt and got bogey :(

1601914622864.png

I shot 82, but add a couple of crazy shots, I don't know which one was worse. It's always nice to chunk a lob wedge from the fairway and have it go 10 yards when you wanted to go 80. Or the other one is actually driving into the fairway next to to us.

Sunday playing with @Hamfist i had a lot to choose from. But I hit one so bad on hole three it ended up in great position. I hit it so far off the heel with my drive that the club twisted in my hand. It started left of the pine trees lining the left side. Somehow some way it ended up back in the correct FW. It wasn’t even higher than the trees and they were thick and bushy.

I’ll take it because the next hole I I hit a stupid 1/2in 5ft tall tree so dead center the ball ended up behind me. The tree was 30 yards in front of me, I may have caught my 3w a little thin as I should have gone well over it. Of course from there I ended up directly behind another 1/2in 5ft tall tree. This one actually interfering with my swing.

Golf giveth. Golf taketh.

Chunky 70 yard 5i for sure. Tried to be cute and paid the price. Probably more of a bad decision than anything.

Had a great drive and a beautiful look down the hill to reach a par 5 in 2.

20201009_175107.jpg20201009_175006.jpg

And then hit a compete crap heel side push that bounced off the far side of the green to leave me 20 yards from the pin. I could have hit a punchy runner down the hill with anything from a 5i on up and ended in a better spot. Was not happy.

Topped a 3wd into the hazard in front of the tee today. Pitiful shot.

I rarely rarely top my driver, but I did the other day. I've got a couple new corrections in my swing from a lesson I took and tried to incorporate them into that particular swing. When you have too many things to think about mechanically in your swing, odds are better for topping it or something bad.

-2 through 7 this morning and absolutely VIBEING out there. Then cold shanked an iron into the woods on #8. Ugh.

Tried to hit a cut 4u and overcooked the cut into the water. Ugh... took a double on the par 5.

That would be the 6 inch fluffers I hit after a beautiful approach that left me in excellent chipping location.

All I had to do on 18 was bump and run with my G wedge to get on the green, 2 putt and I would have broken 100 on this course for the first time. I was chipping really well all day so it should have been fine. Instead I blasted it over the green and took 2 more shots to get back on the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit some wipey drives which faded right and left longer shots in..

I hit some awful shots, but the most spectacular was a bladed SW that traveled forward about 20 yards before smashing into an OB stake and flying backwards 60 yards over my head.
203CA91B-54A7-4FB7-BAD1-09FD2D0FD3CE.jpeg

I’m a 10 handicap and I can be mentally weak after a bad shot. Last week I was one over par after 7 holes and I tried a new shot that worked well on the range. It was a lower trajectory wedge shot from 125 yards. After two perfect shots on a par five I absolutely shanked the next shot putting me behind the tree’s forcing me to hit a low shot under the tree’s. I was so mad at myself it took me 2 more holes and a couple double bogeys to get mentally right.

I hit some awful shots, but the most spectacular was a bladed SW that traveled forward about 20 yards before smashing into an OB stake and flying backwards 60 yards over my head.
View attachment 8968529
Please tell me you can kind of laugh about that one now that you're not in the moment. That's not easy to do.

Please tell me you can kind of laugh about that one now that you're not in the moment. That's not easy to do.
Oh I laughed about it in the moment. It sounded like Aaron Judge hitting a home run. Possibly the most solid contact I made all day :LOL:

I was square to start the back. Long par 4 and pounded my ball off the tee. 9 iron in. Proceeded to push it just enough to take it for a swim and put myself right back in the hole.

Worst result? I pulled a drive into a red penalty area. Cost me a stroke and my first of 5 doubles on the day.

Worst execution? I stubbed a pitch and hit it about 4y when I needed to hit it about 10y-12y. Set up a 3 putt and my 3rd bogey of the day. Looking back, I knew better. I had the GW out to hit more of a chip, but noticed that the grain was against me so I went for the SW with more bounce. After I holed out, I grabbed the 5w and ran a chip up to like 3'. Should have done that in the first place.

Worst shot was on the par 5, 2nd hole after a decent drive in the middle of the fairway, I decided to rip a 3 wood and go for the green.
I topped the ball and hit it right down the middle of the fairway.....about 25 yards. :mad:

I had a 37 yard wedge left for my 3rd shot on a par 5 (last hole). I finished 28 yards past the hole, uphill. So yeah. That was good stuff. That wedge was completely in my head at that point and I honestly can't remember the last time I bladed one like that. 100+ rounds.

I made a sweet putt back down the hill and saved par with a tap in, but all the people on the first tee and at the clubhouse bar probably didn't notice that part. :LOL:

I chunked a sand wedge into a creek in front of the green. The ball flew all of about 10 feet. It was pure ugly. I took my drop and hit from the same spot to about 8 inches for my best shot of the round. As I so often tell myself - do that the first time, dummy!

Testing a wedge yesterday on course. Ball severely above feet (pic does not do justice to the lie). Hitting into a strong wind to an elevated I went trench digging. Dropped another and thinned over green. 🤪 Bonus extra wedge shots! 🙃

0D3AA144-60CF-4B00-8C57-55AE425B7C70.jpeg
C03A02E3-FF19-4D1D-916C-36444211C262.jpeg

19B0BD2A-BB8C-43C6-89DC-4CA379EFA002.jpeg

Back