Worst shot of the round?

Drive left me about 60 yards into a short par 4. Skulled a 56 20ft past the green.

11th hole par 4. Hit a 280 yard drive down the pipe. Had about 95 to the pin. Simple wedge. And absolutely shanked it, way right of green into some thick rough on the other side of a mound. No idea what happened whatsoever. Led to a double bogey.

20201017_180408.jpg

I had get there in 2 eyes on the tee on this par 5. That didn't work out.

Tried to blast a low 3W under some trees. Ended up nestled at the bottom of a tree amongst the roots. Probably more poor decision that anything, but certainly lacked execution.

Sliced my second shot on 18 into the water, front right. Water really shouldn’t have been an issue from where my tee shot was, but I always manage to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A stinky pitch that I didn’t hit enough and had it roll back me. Rinse. Repeat. Double.

One of two.

I was playing well and the randoms I was with were making all the right noises. "nice one!" "Another great shot" "do you ever miss?"

Yes I do. Let me show you my 15 yard 7Iron out of the rough.

I would also like to demonstrate my 30 yard long 100' high 9 iron.

Absolute snap hook of a drive OB on the Par 4 11th. Looked like I had never hit a ball before in my life.

Flew the green ended up bounding and ending up in the drink at the back of the green

I topped a driver that went about 100y today. I thought that was gonna be the worst shot of the day... until I hit the follow up 3wd... and topped it to the tune of 9y. Yep, that's no typo. NINE yards.

I hit a 3-iron off a 230 yd par 3 tee today WAY left, and had to be saved by a insanely lucky bounce. I might have video of it, but it wasn't even remotely close to a decent shot.

Easy. A 3 some let me through yesterday. Beautiful drive right into the middle of the fairway about 30 yards past them. "Nice shot!" Thank you.

Second shot was a 4W to advance it down the wide open fairway. I COLD TOPPED it. Ball went exactly 1.5 ft. Probably the worst swing of the year.:banghead:

A bladed chip on 9.

I dropped another for fun, and put it within 5 feet of the hole. :mad:

Last edited:
Sliced my second shot on 18 into the water, front right. Water really shouldn’t have been an issue from where my tee shot was, but I always manage to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, one of my normal playing partners told me I think too much when it comes to water. Its in my head. I need to pretend its not there. On a course I wasn't familiar with I pulled a drive that went well left and disappeared over a little hill. I figured it was probably on the other fairway. I go to find the ball and there is this small pond with my ball sitting two feet under water. I told him "I don't think its in my head when I didn't know the water was there".

Lol, one of my normal playing partners told me I think too much when it comes to water. Its in my head. I need to pretend its not there. On a course I wasn't familiar with I pulled a drive that went well left and disappeared over a little hill. I figured it was probably on the other fairway. I go to find the ball and there is this small pond with my ball sitting two feet under water. I told him "I don't think its in my head when I didn't know the water was there".
My Step Father received balls from someone (cough me cough) that say his name and then "where's the water?" He, could find water in the desert, it's actually fairly impressive.

After 3 birdies in a row, I proceeded to slice a drive that cleared not only the first house, but the street, and the next 2 houses, and hit the 2nd street away from the course.....

Making poor decisions on a tee box... there's a hole at a local course and it's pretty short with a tempting shot over water... driver is a bad call and I'm not a huge hitter, took driver right down the gut but left myself with 60 yards, thats not a number I want to see. Chunked the wedge, skulled the chip, two putt. Tail in between the legs.

Better decision is hybrid off tee and leave myself a full PW in.

I remember the time I pulled a 9 iron out for a 135 yard par 3. Then proceeded to hit it about 175 yards. Took another look and realized it was the 6 iron. The sad thing is, I hit the 6 iron flush and straight. Something that doesn't normally happen.

20201102_132307.jpg
20201102_180645.jpg20201102_133200.jpg

I 3 putted from 30' today, but that felt like a surprise in the moment. As soon as I hit this 6i, I knew I was ******. Did not get up and down with the green sloping hard away. Did not really give myself much of a chance to. Did not like it.

seriously, tho...need my number to talk about it? you shouldn't have to have these feelings alone :ROFLMAO:

DON'T MOCK MY PAIN, Chile! :LOL:

1) First of two bunker shots on 1.
2) 5h tee shot on 2 that was a dead pull into a tree about 50 yards off the tee.
3) 3w tee shot on 4 that started right and went farther right into the woods.

More like worst series of shots. Absolutely striped my 3 wood for my second shot and came a yard or two short of the green on a par 5. It was an elevated green and the ball stopped on the upslope with a less than ideal lie. Hit a pretty not so good chip shot that rolled an inch right of the cup (would have been my first eagle) and it rolled off the back of the green. I ended up making Bogey...

Back