Would Rory leave for LIV

Spieth is a pro golfer, not a business leader. He doesn’t have the first clue about advanced economics, etc.

It was tricky, right? LIV didn’t want to stop the PGAT. Originally, they were only doing 8 events. If PGAT had agreed to work together at the beginning, LIV would have had the top 52 players in the world for their series. At the time, PGAT leadership didn’t want to lose control of their top players. When they didn’t agree to work together, that just forced path 2…which is PIF LIV will take the players anyway. Ultimately, this is like a hostile takeover.
It is like a hostile takeover. And it was entirely preventable, but Jay f***ed the dog.

Spieth and JT picked up the flag when Rory dropped it after he got s**t on, and they're now the loudest, whiniest voices in the room....and will ultimately suffer the same fate Rory did.

The next year or two will be very interesting. The PGA Tour can't continue with the way things are going, it's not viable - and unless they forge some kind of partnership with LIV, the "hostile takeover" is going to get more hostile. LIV/PIF can smell the blood in the water. There will always be hardcore PGAT loyalists, but are they enough to sustain it?

Rory did an immediate flip-flop when Rahm went to LIV. All of a sudden he thinks the rules should be changed to allow LIV players to play in the Ryder Cup. A couple years ago when the talk was about guys like Sergio, Poulter and Stenson getting booted from the RC he said eff those guys, they made their choice and nobody will miss them.

His "convictions" are about as sturdy as a willow branch blowing in the wind.
well, so much for having any faith in anyone being true to their word, i guess. On the other hand, he was right about not missing sergio, poulter and stenson. :ROFLMAO:

It is like a hostile takeover. And it was entirely preventable, but Jay f***ed the dog.

Spieth and JT picked up the flag when Rory dropped it after he got s**t on, and they're now the loudest, whiniest voices in the room....and will ultimately suffer the same fate Rory did.

The next year or two will be very interesting. The PGA Tour can't continue with the way things are going, it's not viable - and unless they forge some kind of partnership with LIV, the "hostile takeover" is going to get more hostile. LIV/PIF can smell the blood in the water. There will always be hardcore PGAT loyalists, but are they enough to sustain it?

well, so much for having any faith in anyone being true to their word, i guess. On the other hand, he was right about not missing sergio, poulter and stenson. :ROFLMAO:
They definitely miss Sergio and Stensen. They didn’t need them in the Ryder cup because the US team was half a team. Stensen finished 13th in his only major last year. Sergio was top 30.

Poulter and Westy are in a different position. My guess is that Westy will retire next year and just move into an ownership capacity and bring in someone to replace him on the team. Poulter won’t be far behind. Both could still compete successfully on DPT, but they have no shot of competing in LIV. Top 20 finishes would be a great week for them.

Sergio has been a member of every European Ryder Cup team since 1999, and is Europe's all-time leading points scorer. He may not be likeable, but he's been a big asset to their team.

Stenson is another Ryder Cup stalwart, and has been a stud in match play. He was chosen to be the European team captain for the last RC, which was stripped when he left for LIV.

Poulter has a 15-8-2 Ryder Cup record, and is 6-0-1 in singles. He was nicknamed "The Postman" because 'he always delivers at the Ryder Cup'. He recently said that he would never play for the European team in the Ryder Cup again, after Rory (among others) made some disrespectful and disparaging comments about him before the last Ryder Cup (which Poulter wasn't eligible for because of his departure to LIV).

Last edited:
Sergio has been a member of every European Ryder Cup team since 1999, and is Europe's all-time leading points scorer. He may not be likeable, but he's been a big asset to their team.

Stenson is another Ryder Cup stalwart, and has been a stud in match play. He was chosen to be the European team captain for the last RC, which was stripped when he left for LIV.
by "not missing them" i meant I wasn't missing them...... but i get your point on the ryder cup.

At this point, not sure I really care any more.

I look forward to the day when all of this mess is behind all of us and we can go back to the important things, like complaining about announcers, or how dumb the USGA is
Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

If (when?) he does, I hope he full on calls out the PGA Tour in his first interview.

They've earned every single departure.

@Canadan YES!!!! I have my pitch forks and sky fisting ready for this one!
Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Back