Would Rory leave for LIV

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
There seems to be some smoke. At this point I would love for it to happen. I am in much more of an F the tour mode these days. I kinda hate that they ruined pro golf.

It’s being talked about around the circles.

I would be shocked probably more than anyone who has gone to LIV. But at this point nothing surprises me

I’d be a little upset about how they hung him up and left him out to dry. He didn’t have to speak out as much as he did, but they Jay did a 180 him with no warning at all.

That would be one hell of a change and I would applaud it. It would force the issue in my opinion. You can't have Rahm and Rory both defect in the same year.

Rory going to LIV would probably be the best thing that can happen to pro golf. I’d bet within two weeks there would be some kind of deal struck to allow LIV guys backs on the PGAT

That would be one hell of a change and I would applaud it. It would force the issue in my opinion. You can't have Rahm and Rory both defect in the same year.
I am totally in a burn it down mood. I hope he does leave. I am highly highly skeptical. I don’t think it will happen but I am all for it. And he can give Jay the bird on the way out. If I was him I would drop it in 2 days when full swing season 2 drops. Lol

I think the way the tour is going, LIV makes a ton of sense for him but not sure he’s ready for that kind of heat

I get that the PGAT is not great right now.

I get Monahan needs to go.

But I don’t get “burn it down”. How does a completely broken PGAT help professional golf?

Besides if Rory were to leave, he’d be ineligible for any of the majors very quickly - unless he finally wins another this year.

He’s not going anywhere unless he plans on exiting TMRW sports

I think the way the tour is going, LIV makes a ton of sense for him but not sure he’s ready for that kind of heat
I honestly tho n any potential heat is over. Except for maybe from LIv players. Reed may not shake his hand on the range. Lol

Besides if Rory were to leave, he’d be ineligible for any of the majors very quickly - unless he finally wins another this year.
I think he leaves OWGR issues end 30 min later.

He has lifetime exemption for PGA and Open Championship (til 60 years old but that’s lifetime haha)

I'd lose interest in him if he did.

I think if he did it would speak loudly about a bunch of things, and I'd kind of like to see that happen.

As an agent of chaos, I wish a brother would.

I wouldn’t be surprised. The more interesting question would Rory even be welcome by the LIV players with his comments and actions against LIV?

If (when?) he does, I hope he full on calls out the PGA Tour in his first interview.

They've earned every single departure.
I think Rory would actually have some life as well. Right now I think he hates golf.

I could see it happening and hope the likes of Fleetwood, Hideki and Hovland go with him. Basically every big name not from US.

When we stacked the deck with that garbage owgr points system in favor of the pga tour, we snubbed the rest of the golf world and their tours. There are plenty of world class players from around the globe and we pretty much forced them to play here because of points and money. We ruined the Euro tour so what comes around goes around. I hope all those guys take their balls and leave, show up back here when the hell they want, and make LIV and the DP tour a force to be reckoned with. Worldwide golf was better when Euro tour had all their guys IMO.

Rory owes Jay one, so it would not be a surprise, at all.

I wouldn’t be surprised. The more interesting question would Rory even be welcome by the LIV players with his comments and actions against LIV?
This is the only question I have. Part of me says they will be grumpy. Part of me thinks they will be happy.

Really?

With what the Tour did, I think he's earned that paycheck.
oh I'm ok with people who leave...I don't hate DJ. He was one of my favorite golfers to watch. I've seen him hit 3 shots since he left. You know my take very well. I think the Tour handled things poorly, I think LIV handled things poorly. The LIV product, as it currently stands, is just not attractive to me at all.

I think Rory would actually have some life as well. Right now I think he hates golf.
I think he hates what happened to golf. Going along with it won't change that.

At least for him, he hates what happened to golf while also getting rich off golf.

I would love it.

I'm a Rory fan, and think he if he went to LIV it would finally make the PGA make a move.

Back