Would you choose a different career path if you had to do life again?

I would go into demolition.
tear things down. Blow up huge buildings and complexes .
Operate huge equipment. A wrecking ball would be fun.
Travel the world for work.

First I had to chuckle at this thread's title. The prospect of having one and only one career is getting more and more the exception and not the rule. It's also not for me. I would get bored to tears.

I love my life and the way everything has turned out. I'm a lifelong learner and have so many opportunities to learn and apply myself in different ways. My current job defies description by a title, because it spans so many disciplines, roles and responsibilities, and I love that it is that way.

I would go into demolition.
tear things down. Blow up huge buildings and complexes .
Operate huge equipment. A wrecking ball would be fun.
Travel the world for work.
My brother-in-law took this career path. It's taken him lots of places and had many facets. One of the more interesting ones is demolition of historical buildings where preserving various pieces of the building is a big deal. He became very well known for his expertise in doing so.

yes. I dont know what, but yes.

Yes, 100% IT. In fact I’m studying Google Cloud through Coursea during slow periods at work in hopes of transitioning over to our cloud team.

A friend of mine that was in network said I should have gotten into that since I already had the god complex. I did find subnetting pretty easy when I learned it.

Definitely. I can think of any number of things I'd rather being doing

My brother-in-law took this career path. It's taken him lots of places and had many facets. One of the more interesting ones is demolition of historical buildings where preserving various pieces of the building is a big deal. He became very well known for his expertise in doing so.
My degree is in History and I love This Old House.
What you just wrote sings to me.
Instead I have an office jobbie job dealing with Customs in many different countries.

#I_chose_poorly

Hate my job. Wish I could go back 17 years and change that decision.

Back