Would you flip the coin?

Would you flip the coin?

• Total voters
I have no desire to travel across more than one state just to play golf let alone around the world. For me, it isn’t important to play at some exclusive world class course, I’m happy just to get in 18 close to home.

It doesn’t specify whether or not I can play the same course 10 times.

So the only thing that would tempt me is the opportunity to play Augusta National 10 times. That would make for a hard ponder.

If this had been asked a few years ago prior to moving and joining a club I might have said yes. If it had allowed for sim practice would have tipped scale to a yes. I now enjoy the fact that I never have to empty my cart and I have course access via cart in less than 5 minutes. I’m a firm
No

Got a bucket list of play in Australia and not sure I'll ever get to do it. So I'd flip that coin.

Augusta
St. Andrews
Royal Troon
Pebble Beach
TPC Sawgrass
Bay Hill
Kapalua
Kiawah Island Ocean Course
Someplace in Dubai
Someplace in Japan

gene hackman flip a coin GIF

Nope, can't do it.

ANGC
Cypress Point
Pine Valley
Old Course
Royal Co. Down
Royal Melbourne
Tara Iti
Natl Golf Links
Muirfield
Gozzer Ranch

Hmmmm. I’m not sure I’d do it but this would make it a lot closer decision.

Same for me.
Oh I LOVE playing golf and play as much as my schedule allows. I’m taking the chance here to play courses that I would never be able to play in my wildest dreams.

It’s tempting but no too much risk and I enjoy my rounds that I am able to get in and have had some really good experiences in a THP event each of the last two years with that luck continuing this year, plus squeezing in additional rounds with other THPers was great and hope to do even more this year, so I wouldn’t risk my regular schedule for 10 events.

If the 10 locations are free trips costing me nothing, absolutely taking the chance.

Absolutely not. When it comes to gambling I hate losing more than I enjoy winning. Same logic would apply here.

Nah

Nope. I wouldn’t want to go a year with no golf

Well, why not.

My wife tells me that she decided whether to go out with me on a coin flip (allegedly).

No chance I'm taking a year off for that

I wouldn't take the chance. My dad is 82 and still plays golf. We play quite a bit of golf together and I would hate to give that up for a year at his age. Also my new son-in-law likes to play golf and I would hate to not be able to play golf with him. Golfing with friends and family is more important than playing at awesome golf courses around the world.

Nope. That would mean I’d have to renew my passport. Oh and no way I’m taking a chance missing golf for a year at my age.

Nah, I am an introvert and golf is my escape. I need it too much.

Flip the coin.

All expenses paid, probably. Might as well be greedy. If I have to pay I would be hard pressed to afford 10 amazing golf trips in a year.

I could give it up for a year, maybe. If push came to shove though I bet I would pass.

Flip the coin all day every day

No thanks. I'd rather take 100% chance of playing where I usually do than a zero % chance of playing nowhere for an entire year.

Back