Would You Join A Resort Course?

Heck no. Every resort course I've played with course members complain about the "guests" on the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, that's not just resort courses. Every private club outside of uber limited has the members complaining about something.

Not sure if you would consider it a resort course but I recently left my Country Club to join the RTJ Trail here in Alabama. For 140 bucks a month I get to play as much as I want on any of the courses on the trail, just too good a deal to pass up. Every once and a while we get paired up with travelers but it has always been a fun round meeting new people and the marshals are always on to of keeping pace of play up, when we are by ourselves we are done in 3-3 1/2 hours.

Would You Join A Resort Course?

To be fair, that's not just resort courses. Every private club outside of uber limited has the members complaining about something.

Good point. It would be hard for me to join a private course that allowed resort guests on it. On the other side if it meant a significant reduction in dues and assessments and the tee times were limited for resort guests then it would not be too bad.

Also just to clarify when I think resort course I'm thinking Ritz Carlton in Dallas where if you are not a member you must be staying at the hotel or the Grand Golf Course in Del Mar where it's the same thing.

I've played all 3 courses at the Phoenician and loved the place.
My answer- if I lived in Hawaii and had money then yes.

Good point. It would be hard for me to join a private course that allowed resort guests on it. On the other side if it meant a significant reduction in dues and assessments and the tee times were limited for resort guests then it would not be too bad.

Also just to clarify when I think resort course I'm thinking Ritz Carlton in Dallas where if you are not a member you must be staying at the hotel or the Grand Golf Course in Del Mar where it's the same thing.

Exactly. Perfect example is Hammock Beach where Club Clash is being held, PGA National, Doral, and a number of others.

I plan on joining Cragun's Legacy courses when I retire in a few years. It's only a couple miles away from where we will be living and they have 36 holes of some of the finest golf I've ever played. Much, much better courses and conditions than my current private club that hosted a Senior PGA Tour event for a decade. The annual cost including cart is only $2100 plus $395 to add my daughter. These are courses that I would rank just below the very best resort courses I've played such as Whistling Straits and the other American Club courses in Kohler. The speed and condition of the greens here are as fast and smooth as I've played including such private courses as Hazeltine National or Medina. The key at this facility is to get one of the first early morning tee times during peak season that runs from mid June to late August. Afternoons and evening are generally pretty dead even during peak season. We played there last June in the afternoon and finished in just over 3 hours as a foursome which is fast considering we had a couple 20 handicappers in our group that found some big challenge with the slope rating of 141. We've vacationed there for the last 20 years and I've logged about 80 rounds on each of the courses and my daughter and I are damn excited to soon be playing 100+ rounds there each year.
2465 yearly cost sounds like an incredible value. I'm a member at a private Golf Club, not country club. My course has small membership so there are no tee times. On any given day I can go out and play 18 in 2.5 hours, or do on course practicing hopping from hole to hole. With that small membership comes a bit higher cost, my dues (80% since I'm under 40) is 480 per month

2465 yearly cost sounds like an incredible value. I'm a member at a private Golf Club, not country club. My course has small membership so there are no tee times. On any given day I can go out and play 18 in 2.5 hours, or do on course practicing hopping from hole to hole. With that small membership comes a bit higher cost, my dues (80% since I'm under 40) is 480 per month

And I assume you pay that cost whether the course is open or not, correct?
Small clubs in full year golf states are a bit more if you want any kind of amenities.

Holy moly.

I paid 2100$ for the entire season at Deere Run which hosts the John Deere. That includes unlimited golf, cart, and range use.

Not the best course but by far the best conditions and practice area anywhere close.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Holy moly.

I paid 2100$ for the entire season at Deere Run which hosts the John Deere. That includes unlimited golf, cart, and range use.

Not the best course but by far the best conditions and practice area anywhere close.

Public course though.

Public course though.
While true this area is full of old cheapskates and the course hardly gets used because at 110$/round it's not worth it.

And I assume you pay that cost whether the course is open or not, correct?
Small clubs in full year golf states are a bit more if you want any kind of amenities.
Yes. The reasoning given is "it's rare that people aren't golfing every month here." Then of course after I joined we got shut down for 2 months due to snow lol
Holy moly.

It's pricey. Very nice course, and a difficult one. It was voted the toughest course in Colorado by the club pros in Colorado. There is no food/drink minimum so that helps a bit

Yes. The reasoning given is "it's rare that people aren't golfing every month here." Then of course after I joined we got shut down for 2 months due to snow lol

It's pricey. Very nice course, and a difficult one. It was voted the toughest course in Colorado by the club pros in Colorado. There is no food/drink minimum so that helps a bit
Yah that's nice.

All the country clubs around here have ridiculously high food minimums. I remember as a kid my dad begging us to go eat at the country club so he wasn't giving money away.

Holy moly.

Dude it's an incredible course, and the practice area is the best I've ever seen.

Dude it's an incredible course, and the practice area is the best I've ever seen.
It's hilarious watching the pros destroy it and then playing it and realizing unless you drive the ball incredibly straight you're gonna put up some big numbers.

It's hilarious watching the pros destroy it and then playing it and realizing unless you drive the ball incredibly straight you're gonna put up some big numbers.

And I learned that first hand

Back