Would You Pay More For Similar Results?

Guess it really depends on if it is in your budge to pay the extra 170 for having the same club. I totally get wanting to have the same so if the price doesn't affect you pocket book do what makes you happy. With that being said since the results were so similar if you can get over having the same brand then the cheaper club is a great option and then you have 170 to spend on other new and shiny golf stuff.

If you can 100% turn the page on the TM and not wonder if you're leaving a tiny bit of performance on the table pocket the extra $170 and don't look back. Personally I'm not strong enough to do that and know I'd ultimately have regrets.

I would be all over saving $170.

Doesn't hurt that looks wise I far prefer the Cobra over TM.

I wouldn't spend the extra money but if you are a homer and would eventually go back into another TM product eventually then having the shaft already with the adaptor is nice.

$170 buys a lot of Bojangles.

Went with the Cobra fairway wood! $170 cheaper and the fact it is adjustable was too much to pass up.

My answer is a little weird, probably because I'm a bit OCD about stuff like this.

If I already had an eclectic bag with different brand driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and putter, it wouldn't bother me a bit to save the $170 - it's just one more different brand in an already mixed bag, toss it in the mix. My bag is currently all one brand (which is usually how I roll), so it would bother the hell out of me to have ONE club in the bag from a different OEM. I don't even like having one club in the bag with a different grip! :LOL:

You need some Dark Speed.

I'd save the money and keep the spin. The course is going to take it away from you more often than not.

I wouldn’t spend the extra money. Plus…. Since when is a 3 wood a distance club? Get the club that gives you a little more spin so you can hold a green.

Iam with @OldandStiff

Buy both and then sell
Which doesn’t play fair lol

Real world experience will provide the best informed decisions

What was the consistency like between the two fairway woods. I would buy the one that I hit a bit straighter and more consistently. I don’t think a few yards with a fairway wood makes that much difference.

You saved $170. Nice!

Now, go find a QI10 head for that same shaft for $170 and you'll have them both. Unless the TM is a bonded hosel. In that case, don't. Unless you want to.

When you say it out loud, it sounds crazy right?! I tried both the new TaylorMade Qi10 fairway wood and the new Cobra Darkspeed fairway wood at my fitting. The results were super close. TM had a little more ball speed and less spin, which led to a few more yards.

The kicker is in shaft selection. The UST Mamiya LINQ Blue performs really well for me. It is a stock shaft in the Cobra fw for $330. It is an upgrade shaft for TM, so the Qi10 would retail for $500.

Now, admittedly my OCD would like to see the TM club in my bag for cohesive purposes, but my wallet says why pay $170 more for basically the same thing?

What say you? Would you go the cheaper route for the same results or would you let neurotic tendencies make you fork out the cash?
I am going Cobra all day, every day. I do not have the OCD factor so its probably easier for me to say that but honestly 170 bucks is 170 bucks and that can go to something else in the bag or even a new bag.

Get the Cobra…

$170 buys a lot of sweat bands, save the money and go with the Cobra, CDO be damned.

I'd buy what I want, not what saves a few bucks. Otherwise, I'd just wish I had the other club and end up getting it later

I’d go with whichever I was more consistent with. Hopefully it’s the Cobra and I save a few bucks.

I’d save the money

Back