Would you Rather?

Never had a hole in one, and never even flirted with par.
I would LOVE a HIO, but I think the 67 would be my choice.
But.... that would really “F” with my handicap LOL

hole in one. sure you need a bit of luck to shoot 67, but the one time i did shoot 72 it could have been 69 or 70 but for a couple dumb mistakes. so it’s possible to go a bit lower. but the amount of luck needed for a hole in one is substantial.

Hole in ones are something you can talk about. 67 meh... Doesn't matter if you go back to normal scores IMO...
I feel like golfers talk about the best round they ever had a lot. And there's more than one shot to talk about when doing so.

I'd say hio, because if I shot a 67 I would have a heart attack right there, since I'm still trying to break 90.

67... an epic round to learn from and hopefully repeat (plus bragging rights shooting like a pro) instead of a likely lucky shot that some old guy gets with a driver from 165

Give me the low round, no question. Anyone can stumble into a hole in one but a -5 round means you golfed the heck out of your ball. Most wont want to hear about it but it’s a point of pride.

I don't know how much of a full round I'd fully remember but I know I'd re-live the HIO like I went to Polk High and scored 4 touchdowns in the city championship...

I have shot 67 on several occasions and have never had a HIO. Give me the 67 everytime. If you told me I would never make a HIO, but would shot even par or below every round. I am taking even par or below.

The first HIO I witnessed was a guy blading a seven iron from 165. The ball never got more than a foot off the ground and it rolled at least 50 yds into the hole. At that moment the HIO lost most of it's luster for me. Sure it would be cool to have one but I would still take playing good.

The one HIO I have was part of a round where I shot a 104. It feels like a tainted feat. As glad as I am to have a HIO, every time I think back on it I cannot separate it from a poor score overall.

I think I'd probably appreciate the 67 a lot more if I was a low 'capper who routinely shot in the 70s. For that golfer, it's a significant accomplishment and a breakthrough for what is already a pretty solid all-around game. As a mid-'capper, mid/high 80s shooter most of the time, I'd know it was a total fluke where I shot completely out of my mind and would probably never happen again.

...If you told me I would never make a HIO, but would shot even par or below every round. I am taking even par or below.
In that scenario, I'd gladly take shooting even par or below every round with no HIOs ever. Now we're talking long-term gratification!

One better than my best, but it's a level of play that's SOOOOOO far removed from the current abysmal state of my game.

HIO is awesome but it's still just one (GREAT) shot. The personal satisfaction of going low is really something else.

I’d definitely go with the 67. The round compared to one shot means more to me. Not to mention that’s about 25% better than any round I’ve ever played.

Back