Would you Rather?

The 67 for sure in my case. I don't care all that much about the reactions from others nearly as much as knowing I could play that well for four hours.

I'll take the 67 because a whole round of good golf > than one good golf shot....and I don't have a HIO
This is pretty much it for me. To be in that zone to shoot a score like that would be something special to remember.

I would rather have a hole in one because a 67 would lower my handicap 2 or 3 strokes.

I have one HIO, and the rest of the round wasn’t pretty. Being able to put together a full round of great shots is way more enticing. And I know if I get to that point where I can shoot a 67, the odds of me getting a HIO in the future would be much better.

Im taking the HIO as its much harder to do that in my opinion than shoot a low score

I am not sure that it is more difficult to do than to shoot the score. A 30 handicapper could step up to a par three, take a swipe and the ball goes in the hole. It would literally be impossible for that same 30 index to shoot a 67.

I am not sure that it is more difficult to do than to shoot the score. A 30 handicapper could step up to a par three, take a swipe and the ball goes in the hole. It would literally be impossible for that same 30 index to shoot a 67.

Yes that I agree with, with a 30 handicapper, it may not be true with a much lower handicapper though

I would give up ever shooting a 67 for a HIO, I have come close on a few occasions

hole in one.

10 times out of 10 haha

I knew that this would be your answer, hence my qualification in my first post in the thread. I get it, though.

Yes that I agree with, with a 30 handicapper, it may not be true with a much lower handicapper though

I would give up ever shooting a 67 for a HIO, I have come close on a few occasions

It does depend on the golfer’s skill level.

Am I allowed to include a HIO on my way to the 67...?

I already have a hio, so in the spirit of this thread, and given the choice, I'd take the 67.

Now, in my reality, with my game, I would never, ever even sniff a 67 score. Just breaking 80 is a tough deal for me. An hio would be the only one of the two I could actually accomplish. .

hahaha, I had to solidify my salt. :ROFLMAO:

Your day is coming (I should say “days are coming.”). You will have multiples before you hang it up.

Shot 67 I guess. Hole in ones are cool and I’m sure I’ll be excited as anyone if I do ever get one, but sub 70 round is freaking legit and means I played my ass off.
Exactly. 67 means the whole round was exceptional. The HIO can come on a lucky shot with a round final score of 100+ which would in my mind mitigate the HIO to some degree.

67 for me, would be a fun round to endure and prove that I can take on the task not only physically but mentally too.

Definitely the 67. A HIO is as much luck as anything else. But a true measure of your game is being able to keep it together over 18 holes.

Definitely the 67. I have a HIO. It was luck. I don’t think you can luck yourself not -5. That would be so gratifying.

I'd take the 67.
I've had 1 HIO and have never shot under 70.

I know that this choice is not applicable to some on the forum, because they are able to post this score if not regularly, at least once in a while. However, most cannot. So, here is my question: If given the choice, would you rather have a hole in one or shoot 67 on a par 72 course of, let’s say approximately 6600 yards with a slope rating of 130 or above? Why?
Always a hole in one. It’s more memorable.

Exactly. My mother had a funhouse HIO and I don't think she ever broke 120.

I will take a hole in one. I have not had a hole in one as of yet and someday, I hope to be able to post a scorecard that has a 1 on it.

67 is an incredibly hard number to post so I understand why people would love to have that and think a HIO can be considered lucky. I haven't had the opportunity to be that lucky.

HOI, one good round would be great, but I'd want to play that well over and over again, so I'll take the HOI, since I don't have one, and I'd have a great story to tell!

Back