Would you trust a 15 handicap caddie?

@Canadan as head of HR what is he trying to say here
That Dean’s been riding coattails for a while. Is he really first in fun? Or is it 90% you, 10% Dean?

From my perspective someone who consistently breaks 90 is a great golfer who I could learn a ton from.

But I haven’t broke 100 yet so take that with a grain of salt 😅

I’d love to know the handicaps of caddies on the PGA tour. I know some are good…but there has to be some out there who are absolutely terrible, right?

I’m confused, how would you know the caddie is a 15?
I wouldn’t be opposed to telling a caddie “thanks for Sherpa-ing my bad all day. Get better at your reads.”

Maybe if a good reader of greens. The few times I have used a caddie my scores weren’t any better.

I used to loop growing up and the caddie who could read our greens the best didn’t even play golf. I don’t think skill level is a strong indicator for course knowledge.

I’d love to know the handicaps of caddies on the PGA tour. I know some are good…but there has to be some out there who are absolutely terrible, right?
I bet they’re not terrible green readers. Bet they don’t read a green like a 15 handicapper

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

I've played with a lot of caddies over the years-from pimply faced kids to a D3 national champion. A 15 capper can be a good caddie but all things being equal give me the caddie who has been in the trenches-particularly in a competitive setting.

I bet they’re not terrible green readers. Bet they don’t read a green like a 15 handicapper

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity
That's my point. I wouldn't think they are typically bad at green reading....but some of them may be 15+ handicaps.

Well how many great Head Coaches are all around all the major sports who weren’t any good at the game compared to those they are coaching… I mean right now the Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel never played football at a high level…. So if this 15 handicap has knowledge his ability doesn’t matter imho….

Do companies hire bad electricians, plumbers, etc? Any given company, everyone’s got the one guy who isn’t as good as the others. Maybe they’re new and just don’t know the greens yet.

Is that going to ding your experience if you are playing a bucket list course for you and your caddie is of zero help on the green?
is this a perspective on caddies needing to be good at playing golf, or just be good at being a caddy?

You don't know how to swim in order to clean a pool, if you know what I mean..

is this a perspective on caddies needing to be good at playing golf, or just be good at being a caddy?

You don't know how to swim in order to clean a pool, if you know what I mean..
Good at being a caddy.

Back