Votes: 47 54.7%

• Total voters

xThor

Grandaddy 2021 Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes. Becuase most people don't.

And i really want a Shooter McGavin redemption story.

Annhl8rX

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I doubt it would be as good, but I'd definitely watch it. Even if it sucked, that wouldn't ruin the first one for me.

bobellis75

Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Against better judgement...yeah...I'd kinda like to see it and see Sandler return to making some decent comedies. His Netflix output is garbage. But I feel like he could catch lightning in a bottle here...have a 2019 Tiger at the Masters moment. :)

Plus Shooter needs the work.

EDIT: I'd like to see an aged Happy unable to pull off the crazy swing anymore...so he has to learn to tone it down and adopt a "regular" swing to get back on track. He has to have some kind of hiccup right? First movie it was putting...this time let his weakness be what was once his greatest strength.

bobellis75

Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I doubt it would be as good, but I'd definitely watch it. Even if it sucked, that wouldn't ruin the first one for me.
agreed...Like, I have seen CAddyshack 2 one time...doesn't take any of the shine off the first movie, and I will watch it any time I come across it on cable or whatever...

BoilerCLE

Boilermaker
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think it's all about the actor buy-in and legit cameos. Lee Trevino, Bob Barker, and Verne Lundquist playing themselves added just enough legitimacy to the movie that golfers could get into while ignoring the continuity errors and rule stretching from the golf itself.

I find the biggest issue of the comedy reboot is trying to capture the magic of the first one. There's a fine line between goofy, funny, and stupid. It seems like originals get the benefit of the doubt, while a similar joke in a sequel usually gets a "stupid" designation...perhaps due 20 year old fans now being 45 and having different senses of humor?

I'm not defending all sequels by any means - some (Caddyshack 2) are just pure garbage.

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Varies
No. The original need to rest on it's laurels. Trying to re-create a very good first movie seems to fail more times than not.

Knot Right

Reaction score
The only part of Happy Gilmore that I liked was when Bob barker whooped his ass.

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers 2021 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Make it. Get good cameos. The first was really just OK. Much of it was not very funny. The 2nd could be better than the first. Many of the Sr Tour players have tons more personality and would love to participate. If it goes that way, could be pretty neat.

bobellis75

Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I think it's all about the actor buy-in and legit cameos. Lee Trevino, Bob Barker, and Verne Lundquist playing themselves added just enough legitimacy to the movie that golfers could get into while ignoring the continuity errors and rule stretching from the golf itself.

I find the biggest issue of the comedy reboot is trying to capture the magic of the first one. There's a fine line between goofy, funny, and stupid. It seems like originals get the benefit of the doubt, while a similar joke in a sequel usually gets a "stupid" designation...perhaps due 20 year old fans now being 45 and having different senses of humor?

I'm not defending all sequels by any means - some (Caddyshack 2) are just pure garbage.
I feel like you'd get some great cameos...think of all the guys on tour who grew up loving this flick. Lot of personable guys on tour now...JT, Fowler, etc, etc. Get a Mickelson cameo. Have Shooter get stuck playing with Barkley at a Pro-Am and Shooter has a meltdown due to Barkley sucking so bad....so many people would be interested in cameos here, I think.

Joshnoble01

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Yes. Becuase most people don't.

And i really want a Shooter McGavin redemption story.
So I would be on board with a Cobra Kai style 20 years later where you aren't sure if Johnny was actually the bad guy and maybe it was Danny was the bad guy.

sposey013168

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you need clarification on this just watch caddy shack 2.....

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
Nay. Sequels are rarely as good as the originals - more often they’re atrocious.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My answer is no....but....if they have the right story, I wouldn't be against watching it. It's just there is sooooo many movies being remade that are terrible, and this on is such a classic for what it is.

belmontcc15

Reaction score
Handicap
Could be gold because this sport does have a senior tour so it makes sense.

Happy and his wife retire to Florida on a golf course, and the course is hosting a senior tournament. Shooter is dominating the tour and wins a tournament on that course. They re-kindle their rivalry, and Happy starts preparing for a career revival ending with a head to head matchup in the Senior PGA Championship at the end of the year

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 14
Hell yeah I am in. It will probably suck but who cares. Bill & Ted 3 was dumb but it was cool seeing the gang again. I'd like to know what Happy has been up to since....and how many Gold Jackets he has.

Sequels usually suck but they don't ruin the original classics.... see B&T, Dumb and Dumber

BlueHen2006

Team THP #Grandaddy2018
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Some things are better left how they were. This movie is one of those to me.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Shooter and Happy were on with Dan Patrick and talked about HG2 being about them on the senior tour.

Do you want it to happen? Or leave a classic alone?
I say no. Its neve going to be as good as the original and you risk ruining the legacy of the movie. Besides, how would Happy's swing work with someone who is supposed to be on the senior tour?

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I say no. Its neve going to be as good as the original and you risk ruining the legacy of the movie. Besides, how would Happy's swing work with someone who is supposed to be on the senior tour?
Do you now hate Caddyshack because 2 was a disaster?

Afizzle2100

2021 Granddaddy Patricipant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Generally I hate sequels, but I actually think there are plenty of storylines they could do and i just have a feeling it might be good. Even if it goes straight to Netflix at least it gives me something to do for 2 hours on a Saturday before I go to bed lol

Afizzle2100

2021 Granddaddy Patricipant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Opening scene:

Sportscenter starts and is giving us breaking news, Happy Gilmore is retiring from Golf to pursue his true dream of an NHL Career. They run a brief rundown of his career in between the first and second movie. A couple of comical MJ comparisons are made. Has a try out with the NY Rangers. Couple of nostalgic hockey tryouts clips/ batting cage prep.

makes the team. First game gets clocked and breaks his leg. He then goes full Happy mode and causes a scene. Attacks the whole other team with his stick. He’s banned from the NHL. Long rehab, and tries to go back to golf. Fails and can’t make it back on tour. Wants to retire but is convinced to go to the Senior Tour. Unknowingly Shooter has been dominating the senior tour and the movie starts there.

cookie cutter and cliche, but I’d eat this sh*t up lol.

Last edited:

Buckeyegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
About a 14
Yes. As long as Adam Sandler has creative control I’d be all for it.
Let's not forget that Happy Gilmore was NOT an Adam Sandler film. He was a writer on the project, but did not direct nor produce it.

And let's remember that Star Trek III, Wrath of Khan, was the best one in that series.

donny475

You can call me SteakSauce
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have to say no to this one, i mean, who would play Bob?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in