XCaliber Superlite Series - THP Review Thread

Plus it has a feel to it that I find hard to get right in a driver these days.
yup right tempo and boom. @gunner what is your swing speed? Because you hammered a ball with this combo. I know he is faster than 108, and it held up just fine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

yup right tempo and boom. @gunner what is your swing speed? Because you hammered a ball with this combo. I know he is faster than 108, and it held up just fine.

Lol that was my best drive of the weekend. It was probably in the low 120’s on that swing. I used to average around 125mph but that was when I was less old.

Lol that was my best drive of the weekend. It was probably in the low 120’s on that swing. I used to average around 125mph but that was when I was less old.

thanks for checking in. You were my speed test haha

thanks for checking in. You were my speed test haha

Lol no prob, it felt whippy as hell in hand but I smashed it and it didn’t break.

Lol no prob, it felt whippy as hell in hand but I smashed it and it didn’t break.

yeah it did have a dental floss look in your hands.

I'm working on some swing stuff to try and get things straightened out again which will hopefully in time cut down on the pull hook as well as knock the launch down. But hell for the most part we are all am golfers with other things going on in our lives and cant dedicate all the time needed to get the changes to work every time. I'm a funny case. I launch high and spin low. But I'd love to knock the launch down and spin up a bit. Will it give me much more distance, I don't know. My SS is down this year because I'm out of shape, so on the course if I carry one 235 and it rolls out to say 245 or more I'm more than happy.

For 45G like you said, it seems like a good option, as long as I control tempo.

makes sense, the lighter option is going to waver more if you get, jerky I guess with the swing. I know that feeling quite well.

Great stuff so far @ddec! Also love seeing Robin continue to pop in here!

What’s the price point ?

Full retail for the 45 g is $99.

That's quite solid. I'm intrigued to take some swings with this one when I get a chance.

Good stuff. I dont even have that info.
There is a listing for a Super lite 55 that retails for 89. I believe that one is for a more aggressive tempo. Would be interesting to see the 45 and 55 back to back.

Is there a lot of pop at impact or more of a dead feeling?

Is there a lot of pop at impact or more of a dead feeling?

I feel like there is a good amount of kick at impact. But shafts are interesting because what one person feels, the next might not.

You know what stinks?!

Yesterday I played in a scramble with @o'carroll and I had a really good driving day with this. Now part of that was being in a scramble so I could kind of freewheel, but I hit a lot of really good shots high, long, and with a nice little draw. It gave me some good confidence heading in to today, where I struggled with tempo and thus, hit this poorly with the exception of 2-3 drives. Was kind of disappointing esp coming after yesterdays experience. But it did show me something that I already knew, when my tempo is bad, the results are bad. Stay within myself and reap the benefits.

Deano, I really appreciate you updating this one so thoroughly during the review dude, has been fun to keep up with. I'm eager to read the homepage article because when I swung it I was surprised.

Deano, I really appreciate you updating this one so thoroughly during the review dude, has been fun to keep up with. I'm eager to read the homepage article because when I swung it I was surprised.

I made sure to mention some of the big swingers taking cuts. I think it surprised some, which is fun. I know it's not a profile that a lot of the guys I had hit it would gravitate towards, but seeing the results and the reactions was really fun.

You know what stinks?!

Yesterday I played in a scramble with @o'carroll and I had a really good driving day with this. Now part of that was being in a scramble so I could kind of freewheel, but I hit a lot of really good shots high, long, and with a nice little draw. It gave me some good confidence heading in to today, where I struggled with tempo and thus, hit this poorly with the exception of 2-3 drives. Was kind of disappointing esp coming after yesterdays experience. But it did show me something that I already knew, when my tempo is bad, the results are bad. Stay within myself and reap the benefits.
I think we share the same struggle, sir.

I think we share the same struggle, sir.

That settles is, we shall tee it up someday. Perhaps we can learn from each other.

That settles is, we shall tee it up someday. Perhaps we can learn from each other.

100% into this idea...and hopeful on the second part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got a message to bump this one, so here it is.

I still crack up at Gunner trying to break this one.

man that frozen rope he his was crazy. It was at that point that I was like, if this dude and smash the crap out of it, anyone can do it.

man that frozen rope he his was crazy. It was at that point that I was like, if this dude and smash the crap out of it, anyone can do it.

Yep. It was surprising, ESPECIALLY at the price point.

Back