XXIO 9 Driver - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
The XXIO 9 Driver arrived earlier this week for review. The model I received has 9 degrees of loft and a regular flex MP900 Graphite shaft that weighs in at 41 grams. Retail price for this driver is $649. Similar to the irons, it features a lightweight, high balance point shaft, with a heavier head as part of their Dual Speed Technology.

From XXIO

The XXIO9 series features Dunlop Sports Co. Ltd.'s original Dual Speed Technology, which maximizes the efficiency of the golfer's swing. The newest improvement to DST includes a boost in efficiency for the initial portion of the downswing. Lag is increased by utilizing a heavier head and a lighter shaft with a higher balance point moving the CG closer to the grip. This improvement to the club brings the club head in tighter to the body of the golfer for a more efficient swing, which generates more centrifugal force (rotational speed) for increased head speed and greater distance.

XXioCapture-L.png

xxio9Capture-L.png

xxio92-L.png

In Hand Pics:

DSC_7988-L.jpg

DSC_7991-L.jpg

DSC_7993-L.jpg

DSC_7995-L.jpg

DSC_8004-L.jpg

DSC_8011-L.jpg

DSC_8012-L.jpg

DSC_8016-L.jpg

DSC_8036-L.jpg

• Staff
Some on course pics. Check out the differently colors in the crown. I find it pretty stunning to look at.

IMG_20151223_112940-L.jpg

IMG_20151223_112949-L.jpg

IMG_20151223_112946-L.jpg

IMG_20151223_113001-L.jpg

IMG_20151223_112935-L.jpg

IMG_20151223_113020-L.jpg

Love the tech behind this...definitely want to try it.

And REALLY like the colors

I need to try one of these, I love the crown color.

• Staff
Love the tech behind this...definitely want to try it.

And REALLY like the colors

Today it hit it exclusively on the course. No flirting with my other driver. I feel like you did after your experience with the prime. On the day was 12/14 on fairways hit, that's an all time high for me. One was a heel shot that went right, and the other missed long and left. But overall such a good driving day with it. Easy to swing and the ball just jumps off of it. Was getting a good amount of carry, which is needed right as the ground is soft so roll is a minimum. Not a deep head but I was comfortable all day teeing it up and letting it go. Seems like it has a somewhat shut face and the ball prefers to move right to left with it.

I need to try one of these, I love the crown color.

Love the crown color and love how the back end of it somewhat changes throughout the round based on the light. It's really cool looking. Some blue, hint of different shades of blue, and some purple.

Today it hit it exclusively on the course. No flirting with my other driver. I feel like you did after your experience with the prime. On the day was 12/14 on fairways hit, that's an all time high for me. One was a heel shot that went right, and the other missed long and left. But overall such a good driving day with it. Easy to swing and the ball just jumps off of it. Was getting a good amount of carry, which is needed right as the ground is soft so roll is a minimum. Not a deep head but I was comfortable all day teeing it up and letting it go. Seems like it has a somewhat shut face and the ball prefers to move right to left with it.

Love the crown color and love how the back end of it somewhat changes throughout the round based on the light. It's really cool looking. Some blue, hint of different shades of blue, and some purple.

WOw man 12-14 is pretty darn impressive. Whats your gut tell you on a dry summer day how it fares distance wise to your other drivers (or too early to tell?)

• Staff
This was my dad hitting it yesterday. Somewhat good example of the sound. It's more of a ting to it, but pleasing at least to me.

• Staff
WOw man 12-14 is pretty darn impressive. Whats your gut tell you on a dry summer day how it fares distance wise to your other drivers (or too early to tell?)

little to early. But I'd say it's right up there, maybe longer. Yesterday on a hole where I hit GBB and hit it well, I took this out and out drove it easily by 15. Hoping to get some LM time either Saturday or Monday. This launches higher than my gamer.

Great pics. The colors on this are cool. I love the technology bind these clubs and look forward to more info from you

little to early. But I'd say it's right up there, maybe longer. Yesterday on a hole where I hit GBB and hit it well, I took this out and out drove it easily by 15. Hoping to get some LM time either Saturday or Monday. This launches higher than my gamer.

Man, sounds like we could do some damage with that kind of distance at the Bear trap

Those pictures make me want this

This was my dad hitting it yesterday. Somewhat good example of the sound. It's more of a ting to it, but pleasing at least to me.

That's a pretty nice sounding driver. I think I need to give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He barely swung and that thing took off like a missle

This club is seriously intriguing.

Digging that sound a lot.

Not a bad sound at all! Nice flight

From the video sounds really good. And the looks are good to so might have to see if there is a way try this.

That did sounds good. Solid strike by your dad there.

The crown is sick! Those colors are nice. I'm going to have to swing this to see those distance gains. The sound is nice as well

12/14 - that's a phenomenal driving day. You're going to be reviewing something else for Regional Rivalry time, right?

I Really liked the 8 when I demoed it. I need to give this some swings. And like others have said, the different colors on the crown are stunning

Great sounding & looking driver, and I for one like a heavier driver head. Helps me feel where it is on the backswing. Probably well out of my price range, but an intriguing driver for sure.

Interesting driver for sure - looks and sounds great! Heavier head intrigues me, since that's what my setup is now (about D8 swing weight). Anybody know the swing weight on these?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Completely agree, love the look, but $649 is a bit steep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back