You move. Do your team allegiances change?

Well? Do you switch squads?

• This is the way!

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Of course not!

Votes: 83 89.2%

• Total voters
I was a huge Chargers fan in the Dan Fouts/Air Coryell era. There's perhaps no bigger example of wasted potential than those teams.
Those were good Chargers teams. The 1980 and 1981 Chargers both played in the Conference Championship losing to the Raiders at home and in Cincinnati the in one of the coldest football games ever.

This is a tough one. I adapted to Cleveland sports, which is rough to get into. But, I never really had too much of an affiliation before. Now if we were to move, it would be different and I don’t know if I could do it after this much time.

This is a tough one. I adapted to Cleveland sports, which is rough to get into. But, I never really had too much of an affiliation before. Now if we were to move, it would be different and I don’t know if I could do it after this much time.
How long have you been in Cleveland?

Those were good Chargers teams. The 1980 and 1981 Chargers both played in the Conference Championship losing to the Raiders at home and in Cincinnati the in one of the coldest football games ever.
And the week before that Cincinnati "Freezer Bowl" game was the "Epic in Miami", arguably one of the best games in NFL history. Divisional playoff game that the Chargers won 41-38 in overtime, and TE Kellen Winslow was so exhausted, dehydrated and injured that he had to be helped off the field - in what has become an epic photo:

Kellen.jpg

And the week before that Cincinnati "Freezer Bowl" game was the "Epic in Miami", arguably one of the best games in NFL history. Divisional playoff game that the Chargers won 41-38 in overtime, and TE Kellen Winslow was so exhausted, dehydrated and injured that he had to be helped off the field - in what has become an epic photo:

View attachment 9233023
F***. It just occurred to me that that game happened 42 years ago, and I remember watching it. Holy s***, I feel old all of a sudden. :LOL:

After spending 40 plus years living in New England these is no way in hell I could switch my loyalty away from the local teams especially after moving to NC. Still watch almost every bruins games

Reactions: Bus
Having made a major move last year, I have learned it is more complicated than the poll indicates.

Moving 2,800 miles east following my favorite teams out west means:
  • Generally, only a few of their games are televised live here, unless I buy an expensive unlimited league package for each sport (if it is even available).
  • Many games are on so late that I either need to be a total night owl or record the event and watch it the next day.
  • Going to a game obviously got a lot more time consuming and expensive.
  • Conversely, the local teams are generally widely covered and convenient in every way to see.

F***. It just occurred to me that that game happened 42 years ago, and I remember watching it. Holy s***, I feel old all of a sudden. :LOL:
Well I am not thrilled with that fact I remember both those games well either.

I was in Ohio back then and it was really cold, with wind chill of -40 or something silly like that.

Nope. I have been a Chiefs fan my entire life. When I lived in Nashville, we got the Titans back in 2000 and I did not change. 6 years ago when I moved to Charlotte, I did not change either. I believe in loyalty regardless of where you live.

Reactions: J4U
If i moved somewhere with a pro sports team that wasn't hockey it definitely would....i've never lived in a place with an NFL team or NBA team.

I'll probably go see some U-Texas games though if i move to Austin

I cheer for more than one team. My favorite team and the local team

f**k no. I might support the local team, but loyalties don't just flip and I'd rather be an outcast than cheer for the red birds or something.

f**k no. I might support the local team, but loyalties don't just flip and I'd rather be an outcast than cheer for the red birds or something.
There’s a strong argument to be made that you can be a bigger outcast if you do flip. I may know a thing or two 😂

Last edited:
When you move it’s way easier to still not like the teams you didn’t like to begin with than root for the home team. 😂

When fantasy first came on the scene back in the 90’s. I lost allegiances to Favorite team mentality. When I stopped fantasy sports I stopped watching the NFL&MLB except for the playoffs and championships.

Still I am an avid hockey guy. Living in 2 different AHL cities I’ve become the dreaded “homer.” I haven’t slipped into “we/us” talk, I consciously object to it.

Lots of words.. yes I’m a hockey Homer for Utica Comets/NJ Devils.

I’ll still choose the CBJ game, when I have a choice of games, because of the old Syracuse affiliation. I watched Jody and JeanLuc play.

What made you a fan of them? Asking seriously, not trying to start anything or prove you wrong or any weird shenanigans.

I went to St Johns and I can't stand them - but that's a personal decision based upon scholarship dollars so you don't need to like where you go or root for them after or not just curious.
I’m a lifelong diehard Wolverine fan (no kidding huh?) despite the fact that I didn’t go to school there. Couldn’t afford it. But my uncle was a center and linebacker and an all Big10 catcher for the Wolverines. I was indoctrinated from a very early age.

Nope. I live in South Georgia and love my New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Braves, and Auburn Tigers. But I also grew up in an era where we all loved players like Michael Jordan and Ken Griffey Jr.

Back