You move. Do your team allegiances change?

Well? Do you switch squads?

• This is the way!

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Of course not!

Votes: 83 89.2%

• Total voters
It will take you some time, but you will eventually switch. When you're in a city with a sports team you just get flooded with them. One the news, players in tv adds for grocery stores, everyone around you talking about them. It's just inevitable. Sports teams have such a large regional influence.

FWIW, I didnt say it was "the way".
I said some view it as "the way".

Others leave their sh***y cities and move to a better place and then do nothing but say "back home this was way better".
Just stay in those places if it is so wonderful

I'd cheer for the same teams regardless of where I lived, thougj is different here with the closest pro teams being 9 hours away.

That said, I have no desire to ever move, so 🤷‍♂️

Unless they draft me, I'm very unlikely to actually change my opinion about them (whoever they are).

I say this as someone who moved to California, DC then Maryland before moving back to the state in which I started.

I think for a lot of people it's their local team, for others it's who their parents grew up watching. I'm more into a good story than a home team, personally.

My teams will always be my teams, but I'll support the hometown teams as well.

No way. Doesn't matter where I move, I'd still root for the team I grew up rooting for.

My allegiance would stay with my original rooting interests. But, I would add a rooting interest to a local pro team as long as I don’t detest them as natural rivals to my current slate of teams.

I'd cheer for the same teams regardless of where I lived, thougj is different here with the closest pro teams being 9 hours away.

That said, I have no desire to ever move, so 🤷‍♂️
It's different for Pro teams.

I have my Collegiate team for all things sports, as there is a diploma on my office wall that gives me ties to that school. That will never waiver.

FWIW, I didnt say it was "the way".
I said some view it as "the way".

Others leave their sh***y cities and move to a better place and then do nothing but say "back home this was way better".
Just stay in those places if it is so wonderful

I like a little hyperbole. Therefore, you see it as “the way”.

It's different for Pro teams.

I have my Collegiate team for all things sports, as there is a diploma on my office wall that gives me ties to that school. That will never waiver.
I'm sure if I moved somewhere with pro teams, I'd cheer for them also, but they'd always be #2. Living somewhere with that many people sounds terrible though, so moot point I suppose.

I left Chicago for awhile, Stayed a Chicago Sports Fan.

@JB says this is the way. I say it is lunacy.

If I moved to Baltimore I should become a Ravens fan? Insane.
Not usually, But in your case maybe?

If I move cities and my team is in the same division or conference, I’m keeping the alliance. If it’s in the other conference, I’ll support the new home town team in all games except when they play my team.

Couldn't see myself doing it, but being in Nebraska there's college football and college football and college football!

If I move cities and my team is in the same division or conference, I’m keeping the alliance. If it’s in the other conference, I’ll support the new home town team in all games except when they play my team.
This is a good one. I’ll never give up my allegiances, but rooting for the home team is always fun.

I have moved, did not change and would not if I moved again.

Nope, I may add teams I follow but won’t ditch those to whom I give loyalty

Couldn't see myself doing it, but being in Nebraska there's college football and college football and college football!
I view Collegiate sports differently, as those arent typically regional ties.

I view Collegiate sports differently, as those arent typically regional ties.

Hmmm. You think? Most Penn State fans I know didn’t attend the school. I’d say the same about Ohio State. Tons around here.

No and I give my brother grief every year, He was the biggest Celtics fan growing up but now lives in LA and roots for the Lakers.:ROFLMAO:

This is a good one. I’ll never give up my allegiances, but rooting for the home team is always fun.
Yes it is. I’ve adopted it here in L.A. with the NFL. I’m a 49ers fan and have been forever. No chance I support the Rams at all but I do the Chargers.

No and I give my brother grief every year, He was the biggest Celtics fan growing up but now lives in LA and roots for the Lakers.:ROFLMAO:
You’re doing the right thing.

Moving to a rival city would complicate things. Generally, I keep my sports allegiance and also support the local team. And takeover my new hometown on game day which is apparently an anti-flex.

Back