You move. Do your team allegiances change?

Well? Do you switch squads?

• This is the way!

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Of course not!

Votes: 83 89.2%

• Total voters
I've had two favorite nfl sports teams as far back as I can remember. My uncle took us to the Ice Bowl. I became a Packer Fan.

I watched how the Steelers just wrecked other teams. They became my AFC favorite.

Fast forward. The Raiders moved to my town. Im not a Raiders fan. At least not sense the days of Stabler, and Plunkett.

I grew up in San Diego, was a Chargers fan for most of my life. They lost me in the Norv Turner years, then moved to LA so they were truly dead to me at that point. The NFL lost me a few years ago so I don't really have a team, but I casually root for the Cardinals as my adopted "hometown" team, as difficult as that can be. I'm not a MLB or NBA fan at all, and my NHL loyalties have bounced around over the years (San Diego was never an NHL town, and the Coyotes are a perennial joke and can barely even be called an NHL team).

I just avoid getting that invested no matter where I live 😉

A 8 yo listened on radio to his first football match , in 1970 , not knowing the teams . Followed the pies’
( Collingwood) ever since , and never would change ….

Fan is short for fanatic. No fanatic would ever change his/her allegiance simply due to a change in address.

Supporting the home team is always fine. But switching allegiances is nothing a true fan would ever do.

I have lived in Detroit my whole life. I was always a Packers fan because I hate the Bears and the Lions always sucked dog butt.

Nope. Stick with my favorites no matter where I lay my head.

I’ve stayed loyal to the teams I grew up with. I lived in NorCal for 20 years but never thought about becoming a fan of the Sharks, Warriors, Kings, A’s, 49ers or Raiders. I’m now in Florida for 7 months each year but have no intentions of becoming a fan of any of their teams.

No way, I won't change. I moved away from home back in 1984 to spend 20 years in the Air Force. I've been here in San Antonio since and I'm still loyal to my childhood teams.

NY Metro area sports fan here so for me it's Yankees, Giants, Rangers and Knicks so its been a while...
Lets just say I'm thinking about it.
I still sit back and think about those two SB runs 10-15 years ago…simply amazing and I will enjoy those memories forever!

With that said… I’ll never root for the team that’s down the road from me, just never could or would even after the season they are putting together right now.

Grew up in Houston and moved to PA for school then to NJ, MA, and AZ for work. I was in MA for the start of the Patriots run and the 04 World Series. I went to a lot of games but never changed my Fandom. I have lost teams through the years as I will only claim the Lehigh Moutain Hawks and Houston Astros.

I go to a few baseball games a year here in AZ and a Cardinals game here and there. I also go to the Fiesta Bowl a lot. Also been to some ASU games and of course the WMO. I support the local sports economy but as a fan of the game not the local team.

It's all entertainment. Do whatever keeps you entertained and brings you joy. I grew up in NY and a massive Giants fan. I can't see a time I wouldn't root for them. The nostalgia of watching as a kid and watching with my dad will forever be greater then moving for a better job. I live in Florida now and I'll semi root for the Jags but generally the games are in the same 1pm window as the Giants and I will watch the Giants 10/10 times.

As for college, I love college football. I went to a small school and growing up in NY there are no big local schools. So I don't have one team I root for. I just like watching college football and I like that not having 1 team. I will watch almost any game and Saturdays in the fall are awesome because there are so many games there will always be one on that is entertaining.

Other professional sports teams I "support" are NY teams but I am admittedly a fair weather fan (at best). Rangers, Yankees and Knicks. If it wasn't for my strong hatred of James Dolan (owner of rangers, Knicks, msg and Comcast) I would root for the Rangers and Knicks a lot more. I haven't been into baseball in a long time. There are no other sports teams local here.

Me, rooting for the hometown Arizona Wildcats? 🤮

I enjoy living in Tucson, but there is no chance I would ever cheer for the local team.

#godevils 😈🔱

Because I grew up in Cincinnati in the 80's I have zero team loyalty. Both the Reds and the Bengals were both AWFUL from a win/loss standpoint and organizationally in that period. I certainly still went to games and had fun doing so but I never got completely invested in either team. The term 'WE' when talking about a sports team is foreign to me.

Instead, I've developed more of an attachment to individual players and root for them specifically regardless of team affiliation. I know that's probably a little weird and part of the reason why I like individual sports like Golf so much.

I have lived in Detroit my whole life. I was always a Packers fan because I hate the Bears and the Lions always sucked dog butt.
Lions and Browns fans are an enigma, and I can see their loyalty staying with those teams regardless of moving anywhere. If you have that kind of loyalty to a team that has not had any type of success, that is the real deal.

Lions and Browns fans are an enigma, and I can see their loyalty staying with those teams regardless of moving anywhere. If you have that kind of loyalty to a team that has not had any type of success, that is the real deal.
I remember sitting at the dining room table, my Dad said "BIll Ford bought the Lions, they are going to rust." Truer woods have never been spoken. I am 64 now, I was in kindergarten then. They have won one playoff game that whole time. Shelia seems to much, much better than her dad, who hired the guys that massaged his ego properly. And never got rid of them in a timely fashion when they proved incompetent. People like Schmidt or Millen bring around forever is Bill's legacy. Loser after loser.

Living in Montana, I am a fan independent. My allegiances can change with the wind. If I was lucky or unlucky enough to move somewhere with local pro sports teams, my guess is that those teams would start to win me over. Best part of being a fan is joining in with the energy of the fan base.

of course not. i recently moved to Pittsburgh and i do see myself rooting more for the "home" team but not over my teams

40 years in San Diego and the Browns are still where the heart is, and that ain’t changing.

40 years in San Diego and the Browns are still where the heart is, and that ain’t changing.
Being a Browns fan can't be any more frustrating than being a Chargers fan, no sense changing allegiances there. They have the same number of Super Bowl wins (zero), the only difference being that the Chargers have actually been to the Super Bowl once (29 years ago, and got blown out).

Being a Browns fan can't be any more frustrating than being a Chargers fan, no sense changing allegiances there. They have the same number of Super Bowl wins (zero), the only difference being that the Chargers have actually been to the Super Bowl once (29 years ago, and got blown out).
Just when a guy gets over all that nonsense, ya gotta go post about it. :mad:

With the season winding down, a group therapy thread might get a lot of traction around here about now.

Just when a guy gets over all that nonsense, ya gotta go post about it. :mad:

With the season winding down, a group therapy thread might get a lot of traction around here about now.
I was a huge Chargers fan in the Dan Fouts/Air Coryell era. There's perhaps no bigger example of wasted potential than those teams.

I was a huge Chargers fan in the Dan Fouts/Air Coryell era. There's perhaps no bigger example of wasted potential than those teams.
Yea me too. They were fun to watch, could score a bunch of points, but couldn’t stop anybody when it mattered.

Weird that same thing applies today.

Yea me too. They were fun to watch, could score a bunch of points, but couldn’t stop anybody when it mattered.

Weird that same thing applies today.
I used to say they could put up 56 points a game, but they'd give up 63 on defense. :LOL: Fouts and that offense could light up a scoreboard in a hurry. They had a killer D when they had Louie Kelcher, Big Hands Johnson, Billy Ray Smith, etc., but Spanos was too cheap to keep them. He had a fire sale and decimated their entire defense thinking that offense would win the games for them. Spanos always wanted a champagne team on a beer budget, that's always been the Chargers' downfall.

Back