Your Biggest Achievement (so far in your life)

Considering I dont have kids yet mine are all quite tied:

Marrying my incredible wife
Earning my Eagle Scout
Earning 2 Black Belts in different martial arts
Getting accepted into graduate school (this will change once I graduate)

Getting married and getting a masters degree are the top 2. No kids yet; I'm sure when I do that'll top the list.

For all of us who are parents, kids are the obvious answer. And it's true. My kids are definitely the best thing I've ever done in my life (my wife helped too).

Aside from that, I'll give you another:

I did a bike ride 5 years ago called the "Climb to Kaiser," which is considered one of the 10 toughest rides in America. I was a recreational cyclist (using it to stay in shape for motocross racing) when I decided to train for this thing and subsequently dove into cycling head-on. The ride is 155 miles long and features over 15,000 vertical feet of climbing. Starts roughly at sea level, and goes up to over 9000' and back down to town. It takes place the last weekend in June, which is usually 100-degree weather in this area. I trained for six months the first time and suffered severe leg cramps from heat/dehydration/exhaustion on one of the last climbs. It took a couple of hours to recover and get going again. I did, but they turned me around less than 2 miles from the very top, because it was getting late and I wouldn't technically be able to finish again. I finally got off my bike after 124 miles. It was crushing, given how much I'd trained in the past 6 months. I resolved to get it the next year and I did. I still dealt with leg cramps, but was able to recover and get through it quick enough to get to the top on time. After a year and a half of training for one single event, I can't even describe the emotions that were involved in finally reaching that goal. It was really cool. My family met me at the finish (my wife was actually driving beside me providing headlights, because it was getting dark) and sprayed me with champagne as I rolled into the parking lot.

I haven't done the ride since (did the 100-mile version a year later with my wife), but I'm getting the itch to get back in shape and set another big goal.

1. My two children
2. Marrying my wonderful wife
3. Earning a Doctorate in Music

In that order

1. Staying married for 23 years. Hasn't been easy but we're still hanging in there.
2. Two very different but extremely smart kids. Can't wait to see what they accomplish in life.

Getting appointed to Annapolis but due to unfortunate circumstances I was unable to attend.

I'd like to edit and say this is obviously second to my amazing marriage. I don't know how I hit the lottery with my wife but I did. Fool's luck I guess.

Haven't killed my kids yet.

I also joined the 1000 pound raw club, with a 365 pound squat, 255 bench press, and 425 dead lift, back in 2010.

Not giving up on life after loosing my brother who committed suicide when he was 17 and I was 9 and loosing my mother to cancer 4 years later when I was 14. My brother was my best friend and then my mother was after I lost him. At such a young age I felt like I did something wrong or I was being punished for something I didn't understand it. But even after all that I think I turned out ok.

For me, its following my dreams and living my own life, even if my family doesnt understand or support it. They werent onboard with me selling my house, quitting my job and moving to Ohio with my girlfriend. They told me that they thought it was a mistake and I can tell you that it was the single best decision Ive ever made in my life. Having some space and distance from my family has been a good thing. Its allowed me to grow as a person, figure out what I want and what makes me happy and has overall made me a much happier person.

I've been blessed enough to have enough successes to make up for all the failures. I have a beautiful, ridiculously intelligent daughter, married to a great, great woman, survived 2 different combat tours, and coming up rather quickly on retirement from the Army. All in all, I guess I'm not doing too bad.

My biggest achievement? Finding the loves of my life, unquestionably.

My kidlet!

Tie between being married to a wonderful woman almost 20 years and the other is 19, she is intelligent, beautiful and gives a mean haircut.........

Mine is getting my life back on track after wasting away 11 years due to adolescent mistakes. Dec 13th 2013 I will complete 5 years of parole, have been happily married 4 and half years, have three beautiful children, and be successful enough to support my family!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Becoming a Christian.
Being a Father.
Joining the military.

Graduating with my Masters in Healthcare Administration with a 3.95 GPA

Adopting my twin boys 21 years ago and seeing them grow into men (even if they aren't quite there yet).

Tough to pick one:
1) being married for 21 years to the same girl I met on a blind date. I definitely married up.
2) Raising 3 kids (ongoing) & watching them grow into caring, funny, interesting people.
3) teaching a whole bunch of high school kids to (hopefully) take life seriously but take themselves lightly; to enjoy life and stay interested; to be men & women for others
4) Taking care of my mom when she was dying from pancreatic cancer. That was tough, but I think it also helped my brothers to deal with it easier.
5) getting my PhD (more of a relief than a proud moment. I always joke that I had to get my doctorate for health reasons - because my wife would've killed me if I didn't.)

Doing a better job of raising my daughter than my father did raising me. I'm breaking the absentee father cycle.

Second would be 12 years in the Marine Corps.

Proud of you, man! It's what kids need more than anything - to have a parent or another caring adult be there for them , spend time listening to them & showing that you care about them. As a teacher, it surprised me how many parents are almost "stealth mode absentee" parents. They might run kids from one activity to the next, but don't really spend time with them or have conversations with them, almost seems like they don't really like their own kids.

Back