Driving. In fact, I'd almost certainly drive even if the golf clubs weren't in play. Flying kinda sucks these days.

LOL. I just drove from FL to CA in 51 hours and have to repeat the trip back to FL with my wife on Thursday.

I’m driving the measly 10 hours. ;)

I'd take the flight.. about 0% chance of me getting a speeding ticket

You have 10 hours in a car or 2 in a plane. The deal is if you drive you can play your own clubs. But if you fly you have to play rentals. What are you choosing?

Of course with flying you still have to get to airport 90 minutes early, etc.
I'd rather drive, whether it's my own or rentals.

10 hours is an easy decision, drive and bring your clubs. I drive two 14 hour days to play my own clubs, so 10 hours is a no brainer for me. Just get a good book on tape and go. It makes the time fly by.

No choice, unless I’m bailing out of the airplane on a parachute at the 2 hour mark - can’t fly anywhere from here in that time. And we’ve already established in @Tenputt thread that I’m not volunteering to sky dive!

I can drive to several courses from here in 10 hours though! I’m planning on doing a local road trip this summer actually.

I’ll drive. It may take me two days to get there because I have to stretch every 2 hours or I won’t be able to walk by the time I arrive.

That is a tough one when you have to account for the drive back. So, I would take a rental car one way with my sticks. Ship the sticks back, drop off the rental car, and take a flight home.

Love a good road trip but think I would take the flight on this one, get there quicker and I don't have to drive and pay as much attention.

My vehicle, my clubs, my schedule.

Am I paying for the rounds and rentals? Many places charge any where from 50-100$ for rentals so it can make the round quite expensive.

If I am not paying, then give me the flight and rentals all day long. It’s golf man. Ican have fun no matter what.
Plus, chs airport I can get there inside of 80 minutes most flights and be just fine.

drive - I'd rather have a root canal than get on a commercial flight

Load up the truck honey...ROAD TRIP!

Driving.

In this hypothetical, with Multiple courses. Then it’s a longer trip so driving to play my clubs.

However if it’s extended to 5.5 hour flight to Hawaii…then I’ll take rentals that don’t fit for one last second round. That was totally worth it. But next time I go I’m taking my sticks.

That is close to my limit for driving but I would probably drive it. Rental cars were not mentioned in the op but if one was needed it would make the choice easier. Rental car rates have gone through the roof lately.

Absolutely driving

Driving every time.

Living where I live. 5 hour drives are no big deal. 10 is a long ways though. I think I would be ok to fly and borrow.

Flying used to be fun, but not so much anymore. I've done some drives longer than 10 hours so I'd drive.

The scenario does not make sense. Why can't I fly my clubs?

Back