I’d be driving. Considering I’m saving money more than likely. The trip would be a total waste if I came back and told all my friends, “oh things would have been different if I had my actual clubs”.

I’m driving , especially if the airline is American. If I fly with them, there’s zero chance I make my tee time and less chance I’ll ever see my clubs again.

I ain’t driving 10 hours to anywhere!

For one round? I’d fly. For 2 or more, I’m driving.

This is tough, but given the parameters I would fly. Driving will burn a day each way, and I just don’t think I need my clubs that bad.

Also, what kind of dystopian world are we living in where I couldn’t fly with or ship my clubs?

I think it depends on the rentals. If I was playing more than one round I would def drive. If it was just one round and good rentals I would fly.

Count me in for driving. We used to drive for every family vacation when I was a kid. We'd go to California (Disneyland) from Wyoming every other year and getting there was half the fun. The off the beaten path stops and curiosities were a blast. I'm one of those weird people that likes to drive. On a long trip I make lots of stops. I'll gas up at a half tank just to force myself out of the car and try and find something interesting.

10 hours in the car? Sure. I'll stop 4 times and find a quirky museum, restaurant, or local oddity. 🤷‍♂️

For me it would depend on how long I was staying at the destination. More than 1-2 days and I'm driving, otherwise I'd fly.

I would definitely drive

I'm driving, that is just a short days drive.

Plane and it’s not even a second thought. Anything more then 6 hours and this kid is flying unless forced to drive.

If it’s a golf trip, I’m driving. No question. My feels are so particularly and lighter shafts have me looking like I’m swatting random flies. Two hour fight still means airport and security time both ways plus rental car.

If we're talking more than 1 or 2 rounds, I'd drive.

I'd have no problem driving. I spend hours on the road almost every day so it wouldn't be a big deal.

I'll drive. I spend 10 hours on the road at least once a week. I'll have my own clubs and not having to deal with a rental car would be nice.

I’ll take the flying. 10 hours at 70mph is a course 700 miles away. 2 hours at 550 mph is 1100 miles away. More range and quicker in the jet. And rental will be just fine. Do I get to pick which jet?3804A87A-376E-4455-8B9B-54AA79DF3C63.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely driving to use my own clubs.

10 hours is a haul. If the rental set is a half way decent set I am flying.

Friday Saturday and Sunday with 1-2 rounds being played but a lot of golf shots taken
10 hours each way clinched it. I'll fly.

A 2hr flight isn't going to get me very far unless I drive ~5hrs to London to catch a flight over to France

10hrs drive would get me into Europe somewhere with probably a bit more choice than the flight locations so I think I would pick the drive

Driving and bringing my clubs. 10 hours is a drive for me anyway. I don't start flying unless it's business or over 10 hours.

Back