Your favorite brand of dress shoes & why?

Ferragamo
I love the softness and durability of the Ferragamo leather, but at least in the loafers I've had (and returned), the width just wasn't there for my duckfeet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ferragamo, most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. When I'm in a suit or business dress all day you want style and comfort, Ferragamo all day long.
this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tried a lot of them. Cole Haan was my standard for a while. JM makes a good shoem. Now wearing Ferragamo, got 4 pair. Will pick up AE for my next based on all the recs here. Uncle who is in sales swore by them

I agree it's all about how you care for them. Cedar trees in every pair when I take them off. Back to Ferragamo for service. Rotate them so they completely dry every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Johnston & Murphy - comfortable and they have styles that I like.

Cole Haan quit making my shoes I love so much. Mine are at the point if needing replaced, need to decide if I'm going to hunt down a pair or find a replacement.

Anybody know where to get shoe trees for size 13 feet?

I find Clark's to be the most comfortable for long days, and more durable than Cole-Haan, which are also very comfortable. Johnston & Murphy look great for an interview or formal occasion, but are very uncomfortable for me if I have to do a lot of walking. I took a broken-in pair to a conference in San Antonio, where I averaged seven miles a day for three days. Oh, the blisters . . . .

May have to look into Allen Edmonds after all the raves here.

Used to be a Cole Haan guy, but lately I like Ecco. I have a wide foot and they fit me well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Johnston & Murphy. They fit my feet well and I can wear them all day long without discomfort. Actually, I used to wear them all day. For nearly a decade now I have only worn combat boots or fake patent leather low quarters. For combat boots, you can't beat Blackhawk. It's like wearing sneakers.

Still rocking Cole Haan's, but I did win a nice pair of FootJoy loafers, I absolutely love them, wish they had more styles.

Hmmm good question, I like Cole Haan right now, I think they're the most popular brand in my closet.

Ariat or Justin.

Boots ARE my dress shoes.

Got another pair of Cole Haan last week for at Nordstrom Rack my Xmas party. So comfortable and look great!

My favorite shoe is the Allen Edmonds Firenz, in fact I just sent a pair in today for recrafting. Such a great comfortable shoe, $350 but after 2-3 years you send them in and for $125 you have a brand new shoe.

ecco

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have several pair of J & M. Luckily I can wear nice boots to the office also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite shoe is the Allen Edmonds Firenz, in fact I just sent a pair in today for recrafting. Such a great comfortable shoe, $350 but after 2-3 years you send them in and for $125 you have a brand new shoe.

Great looking shoe! I think that's what I'm going to next. My zellis are just about shot and I'm not interested in dropping that kind of coin again although I love the exotic skins.

Couple of pair of handmade ostrich & caiman from the maker on Ft Worth.

e5b27ec46f3f30482e5d95b4caee4b95.jpg

Time to work on my Cole Haan's.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Not so much my favorite brand but my favorite shoe ever made - the Johnston and Murphy Ski Moc Penny.

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/ski-moc-penny/1148.html?dwvar_1148_color=Burgundy Calf#start=5

Since 2005, I've owned 4 pairs of the burgundy and 2 pairs of the black. One of the two pairs gets worn every day as they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I get them re-soled until there is nothing left for my shoe guy to stitch into which is about 4 or 5 re-soling. They get polished whenever I'm at the airport and about once/week by my shoe guy at the gym.

For about 3 months I tried switching to a $500 pair of Allen Edmonds Cordovon shoes and went back to these ski Mocs. They are just so comfortable and so durable.

cc280682882633456ee03b328a81ab4b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to purchase a pair of wingtips. I'm looking for something comfortable, preferably without a slick leather sole (rubber treads ok) Sub $200.00 a plus.
Any suggestions on brands and models?

Red Wing Shoes - durable
Ecco - most comfortable

I wear a UK brand Grenson and Gucci

If you are not aware of Samuel Hubbard go check them out online. The owner is the former founder of Rockport. They are extremely comfortable and the leather is outstanding. If they last (Christmas gift) they will become my favorites of all time.

Johnston & Murphy
Aldo
Cole Haan
Florsheim

All brands are of good quality. I don't care where they are made as long as they are always 100% leather and can be serviced by an actual cobbler.....I'm all in. Buy good shoes, take care of them, service them at a cobbler. You'll have them forever

Back