Your favorite cover by a band/singer

Great thread that slipped by me.

I like this version of Gordon Lightfoot's classic. Look for the singer, Hugh Dillon, as Sheriff Haskell in Yellowstone...

Also this one. I have seen Tommy a few times in concert and the last time JD Simo opened. Great artists

Cover of a cover!

Once and for all, it’s “Hurt,” covered by Johnny Cash. Don’t make me come and post in this thread again. 😂

Here is a another fav of mine:

And a pic of the original artist, just cause look at that hair. :ROFLMAO:

5cfc5e-20171126-wayne-cochran.jpg

That's Allright Mama by Elvis Presley. Originally done by Arthur Crudup

All That Heaven Would Allow by The Mavericks. Originally done by Bruce Springsteen

Memphis, Tennessee by Johnny Rivers. Originally done by Chuck Berry.

So You Want to be a Rock and Roll Star. By Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Originally done by The Byrds.

Once and for all, it’s “Hurt,” covered by Johnny Cash. Don’t make me come and post in this thread again. 😂
it's a classic cover

The White Stripes - Jolene (Original by Dolly Pardon)

TKay Maidz - Where's My Mind (original by Pixies)

Gary Jules - Mad World (Original by Tears for Fears)

1. Hallelujah — Rufus Wainwright
2. Hurt — Johnny Cash
3. God’s Gonna Cut You Down — Johnny Cash
4. Your Song — Ewan McGregor (seriously)
5. Can’t Help Falling In Love With You — Haley Reinhart
6. Won’t Back Down — Johnny Cash
7. Rusty Cage — Johnny Cash
8. Smooth Criminal — Alien Ant Farm
9. Sounds Of Silence — Disturbed

Pseudo Echo - Funky town

Some obscure ones:

"Take on Me" - Reel Big Fish
"Jealous of the Moon" and "Hayloft" - Nickel Creek

Pearl Jam- Rockin the free world- neil young

Do all of the Journey songs originally sung by Steve Perry and then later performed by Arnel Pineda count? Dude has done an amazing job and the back story is pretty mind blowing.

To a slightly lesser extent, IMO, the same can be said with Adam Lambert and Queen. There will never be another Freddie Mercury but Adam has certainly done an admirable job performing with Queen. Probably the only other person I can think of that could have pulled it off was George Michael.

Chris Cornell could have sung anything he wanted too. Nothing compares to you and I will always love you on the YouTube are incredible
That my second favorite. My favorite is Chris Cornell's version of Billy Jean (Michael Jackson)

Nice to see a few favorites already brought up.
Smooth Criminal - AAF
Take on Me - RBF

Another one that at first I was appalled at that I've grown to love is Simple Man done by Shinedown

Chris Cornell had one of the most impressive voices of our time.

Brandi Carlile Does Elton's "Madman Across the Water"

Just heard GnR Knocking on Heaven's Door for the first time in a long time and I forgot how much I liked it.

Gone Away - 5 Finger Death Punch
Come Together - Aerosmith

If you like Johnny Cash there is a great cover of Bob Marleys "Redemption Song" by him and Joe Strummer ( The Clash). And if you like covers of Johnny Cash songs there is Social Distortion covering "Ring Of Fire" which is pretty good as well.

Back