Your Favorite Golf Shirt / Brand

I like Izod, Pro Tour, Greg Norman, Jack Nicklaus, and Zelos... basically polos that are sold at Belk. On sale. I can't justify paying more than $20-30 per shirt. That's too much for me.

Ben Hogan for value and Puma for looks and performance!

The shirts I go back to in my collection are from Stitch, Peter Millar and Travis Matthew.

Linksoul, TravisMathew, Under Armour charged cotton, trying out Stitch and like them so far.

Under Armour, Nike, Puma, Adidas, Callaway

Under Armour Playoff and adidas Ultimate365 shirts top the list right now.

As much as I like Puma's other offerings, the few shirts I have gotten haven't impressed me. Some of their designs are weird, too.

I still like a lot of the older Bobby Jones stuff.

Polo overhaul for 2020 has me exclusively with Adidas and UA. They run a little bigger than Puma.

Polo overhaul for 2020 has me exclusively with Adidas and UA. They run a little bigger than Puma.

I haven't done UA in a while. Maybe I should give them another look.

Still under armour, but stitch moved up to second i think. Price and the 4th button holding them back.

I'm not loyal to one brand. I love my footjoy shirts, but I like Travis Matthew too. I watch for sales and specials though maybe pick some up at a pro shop where I have credit.

I really like Footjoy Polos in the warm months. I like the Vineyard vines athletic pullovers.

I like lots of different brands and recently have been buying a lot from Puma, FootJoy, Travis Matthew, and Peter Millar. I have to try them on as most large shirts are too big in the body and most mediums are to tight in the shoulders/armpits. When I find one that fits that is on sale I'll often buy a half dozen or more. I tend to wait until I can get a shirt in the $60-$85 discounted at least 40%.

Kohl's has an end of season sale with 8-10 dollar polos. I stock up on many different colors ;)

I've just purchased a cloud spun polo from Puma. Although it feels heavier than my FJ's/UA/Stitch shirts it is actually very cool and feels great. If I'm still as happy with it after a couple of more wears, I'll be adding more to my collection. I just wish they had more color options in that line.

I’ve been a fan of Nike polos for golf. Nothing exciting, they just fit me pretty well. Travis Matthew, Peter Millar are some others that are pretty good.

I should add a follow up.

What's typical price range?
Are you inclined to buy new or on sale?

Does price dictate your buying process for shirts?

I prefer Footjoy shirts. The feel, fit and how long they last seems best for me.

Looked at my shirts, and I only have 1 that doesn't have a course logo on the chest, and I never wear that one.

I buy new at the courses I play. Try for sale rack, but will pay up to $80 on a course shirt

Nike used to by my favorite, The shirts just fit me well. Recently have been getting a couple puma polos though and they may be the new favorite! I definitely do bargain hunt with golf clothing though so that limits what I'm able to get sometimes. No mens Cloudspun for me. I did get two Cloudspun quarterzips for my fiance for $40 total though so I just need to keep looking for men's deals haha

I buy shirts at places I have played with their logo on them. I like colors and usually buy the shirt that kinda jumps out at me...When you at at nice places they supply nice stuff for their membership. My faves are Bobby Jones, Fairway Green, Peter Millar. I will visit the sale rack first to see if I can get lucky.

I saw a lot of talk on here about the Puma Cloudspun a few weeks ago and so I pulled the trigger on a polo and it has instantly become my favorite golf shirt/shirt in general. Very comfortable and fits really well. I thought I saw one on the clearance rack at Uinta Golf this past week and so I rushed over there just to see that it was the three block design but not the same material..yes I triple checked tags to make sure it wasn't the same material.

Matte Grey.
Love the materials (very soft and comfortable)and color schemes.
Usually buy the sample packs so only have $20 into shirts that cost much more.
Of the golf shirts I wear (maybe 7 or 8 brands)I get the most compliments on them.

Some pics of the recent sample packs

Other than those I love UA shirts and typically buy for $30-$40.

I look for sales and price plays a big role as I have plenty of other things I'd rather blow $70 on

a10a7085bc283aa1b07dbfa49f6e2aea.jpg
acf03311e70342fc1cd93c735ab69a55.jpg
57fdee420f2bea84b99ef0637e272eb2.jpg

I like the looks of these. Where do you find the sample packs, Mike?
NM I saw your earlier answer

Last edited:
I really like the athletic fit of puma golf shirts. The Masters camo from last year is one of my favorites

Ebay, filter by new with tags. You're welcome. You may end up with the logo of some club you've never heard of, but you can get a great deal and new shirts for half or less what they would normally run.

Same here for me. I rarely spend more than $25 this way.

I also swing by TJ Maxx. Lately they’ve been carrying Peter Millar summer comfort shirts which are very comfortable

Some of the adidas shirts (with spandex) are nice too, but I find their fit is very hit or miss for dad bods

Back