My first set was from US Kids Golf. First full size was a set of hand me down knock off Cobras from the late 90s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was over at my folks place today and I knew I could find them in the garage. Take a look at how nice this set is.
3B1FEFEC-91A9-4C05-BB8D-710D64F711C8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BB437BC0-F89A-4BA4-A311-E7A3B08B22AE.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1EF39C50-7802-4375-8A9C-3B7D0CF27E94.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My first set was a hand-me-down set of Patty Berg Signature's from my mom when I was 12(1977). 3,5,6,9,PW with 1,3,5 laminated maple woods and leather grips with the now illegal flat spot at the top of the shaft. It's the only set of clubs that I ever got rid of - wish I still had them. I was a late bloomer and actually played them all the way through the end of my freshman year. I got down to a 3 index with those clubs and made the last spot on the Varsity golf team with those clubs my freshman year.. I took a lot of heat in a couple high school matches for playing with ladies clubs but had fun beating the guys that gave me the most grief. Right after my freshman year I got a set of TM Tour preferred irons and played them for 19 years. I played a round with those old irons and my old Eye-O-Matic persimmon woods in August and shot 1 over my index. Really no difference in those old 1980 irons from what I'm playing now other than feel but the new drivers and 3 woods are 20 yards longer and way more forgiving.

My first set was a hand me down from my father, some knock off brand. From the time I was 15 until just a few years ago I was gaming them with a couple of donations from my brother..

Nickalus N1 linear dynamics clubs. Loved them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first set was Allied Golf. I still have the 3 wood for memories. The first set of irons I bought myself was at 19 and got Ram irons and driver simply because that was what my grandfather always gamed. And it was his initials also (Richard Allen Medler) so it was a good fit. Last year (28) I updated to Callaway RAZR X Black and my good buddy took over my Rams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

My first set was a voit golf set my mom bought me at the military base. All graphite in all the clubs which worked for me then.

First set from Kmart: Top Flite XL. I think the set was 200 bucks and included a bag, 5-pw, 3 & 4 hybrids, 3 wood, driver, and a putter.

When I used Top Flite Gamer balls I get nostalgic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first full set was actually a set of womens clubs they patty berg's. My set of mens clubs were Daiwa Hi Trac, I loved those clubs back on the day

My first set, at 8 yrs old, were 4-5 clubs cut in half (or more than half) by their former owners, John and Pat Harbottle (it was a mix of men's and women's clubs). What I didn't know at the time was this wonderfully nice old couple that invited me to play 9 holes with them often, while filling me up with all the cookies I could eat, were minor celebrities in the golf world.

Pat Harbottle - 1955 Women's Amateur Champion; U.S. Women's Open - Low Amateur 1951 & 1953
John Harbottle - 5 time winner of the Washington Men's Senior Open

At the time, I also played sparingly with the Harbottles' son, John Harbottle III, whom was a renowned course designer. (Again, I wish I knew some of this at the time!) From his bio: "His award-winning layouts included Ridgecrest Golf Course, Nampa, Idaho; Stevinson Ranch, Stevinson, Calif.; The Olympic Course, Bremerton, Wash.; and The Golf Club at Genoa Lakes, South Lake Tahoe, Nev. All were designated "Best New Courses in the United States" by “Golf Digest.”

I still wish I had those clubs, if only to remember a family that was extraordinarily good to me for no other reason than I was a young kid who loved to hit the golf ball...

I was browsing at our Edwin Watts store closing sale today, and found a set of Spaulding Executive irons in the used section.These are from the 70's and as I stated earlier in the thread,they were my second set of clubs ever.I almost bought these ,priced at $39.00 minus 20% discount,just for the sentimental attachment,but decided I would pass.

This is my first golf set, purchased in LA , 1994 ..... :D

20151023_092432_zps3uiglape.jpg

Still in good conditions even after 21 years old ( 2015 - 1994 )

20151023_092342_zpsysacihio.jpg

Still have the original head cover, free gift from golf store.

20151023_093442_zpsjyeq9zpu.jpg

My first clubs were a complete set I bought from Academy for $180. They were made by Pinemeadow and they were called Bloc. It was a full set...putter through driver with the bag included. The driver and two hybrids had square (or rectangular) heads. They were complete junk. I suppose the irons were serviceable, but I saw immediate improvement when I switched to irons that were fit for me.

My first real set was some borrowed king cobras with graphite shafts. I bought a taylormade tour burner and an odyssey white hot xg #1 to go with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My first set were Nike VR Pro blades. I knew little to nothing about golf but I liked Nike and they were BEAUTIFUL. I gave into peer pressure after six months or so and sold them and have regretted it ever since. Might head over to eBay...

11886.jpg

I bought a set of MacGregor MT irons at a garage sale in 1977 for $5. It came in an old canvas bag and had a beat up MT 3-wood with an aluminum insert. I made the Jr. High team with these and played my 8th grade season with them. I refinished the 3-wood, sold it for $35, and used that to buy a set of Top-Flite Tour Blades (those were SWEET irons).

Couldn't tell ya the model but they were North Westerners bought from TG&Y or Kmart.

My uncle built me a set when I was 5. Hornung (sp?) Golf. It consisted of a 3 wood 3,5,7,9 iron and a putter. I played the heck out of those. I mostly played with my mom's clubs until 7th or 8th grade when I went to the local sporting goods store and bought my first full set. They were Dunlop centrous. I won't lie... I picked that set because the driver had a graphite shaft

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

K-mart Bob Murphy signature 3-5-7-9 iron some sort of plastic/wood driver and 3 wood...90-100 bucks i believe circa 1987..some rock flites and a sunday bag and i was off to the races...FORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first set was a complete set of Knight clubs

My first set was an Acuity box set from Dick's

My first set was a set of Taylormade Firesole's. PW-4i, 5w, 3w and Driver. I bought them for $100 used from a friend.

My first set, at I think it was 12 years old or so was a set of Dunlop Ladies clubs with graphite shafts.

They were purple and light blue - quite the 80s colors hahaha.

My first set was a complete set of Knight clubs

Same here, my dad found them by a dumpster complete in the bag. Surprisingly, they weren't in horrible condition. This was a few months ago. :)

As I have taken lessons I have upgrade my driver, irons, wedges, and putter. I still have the Knight 3 wood, 5 wood, and hybrid.

My first set were my dads clubs from college which he got used. The brand was Royal.

Back